Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285328 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1845 on: February 01, 2017, 06:18:42 pm »

Yeah with the cart thing it coulda been more descriptive though I think it coulda been avoided if you guys had listebed to noir maybe...she did say that she wasent really sure what to do basically.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 01, 2017, 06:20:02 pm »

That's really not screaming "GET CLEAR", to be honest.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 01, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »

It was less saying get clear it was more a plead of "Oh my god help me I don't know what to do I've probably never seen or operated this machine once in my life I lived with my mom and dad for almost my entire life in a seperate dimension.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 01, 2017, 06:23:15 pm »

Actualy, yeah The one issue I do I have most of all, was the solam fight over the amulet where I wished to simply let go of it because I knew he'd likely be able to beat me in a fight and instead the action resulted in punching him and the death of Jack.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 01, 2017, 06:27:02 pm »

Noir said this" Guysss please help my wings bone feels....I'm not sure if I can fly over there.....Please do something I'm in the cart with the wings!"
While noir really sddmitedly dident word this well she did say I'm not sure if I can fly over thereand second....someone please do something.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 01, 2017, 06:39:15 pm »

ATH, um, unless Noir was yelling at the top of her lungs, why would we be able to hear her? I admit to not even reading what she was saying.

edit: collapsing from exhaustion, ceya in 8ish hours? i'll see how the conversation ends then
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:45:51 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 01, 2017, 06:45:22 pm »

Well from the way I read it the orbit was close now and other people seemed to respond to her so I assumed she was audible.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 01, 2017, 06:47:23 pm »

I honestly believe you that its not an intentional tpk attempt. But the lack ofof critical description on rolls really doesn't help.

I mean there appears to be a pattern of life threatening rolls happening secretly in the background rather than being openly shown. as a rule if thumb if something is gonna kill someone you should really focus on fleshing out that part of the turn so people can understand whats going on so they can react accordingly (or understand why you made them react in a certain way), plus its a lot more interesting to read that way.

I mean the thing with solams amulet is one example, that really needed a little disclaimer or a small bit of descriptive fluff so he could understand why you "ignored" his action and set him up for a fight.

another more critical example is noir with the cart crash, 90% of the group was standing there basically just doing busywork while watching and waiting for her to do something, and all we got was "noir fucks up, the cart's been destroyed again and heres a list of who died." rather than a nice few sentences about how we all watch her coming in too fast and then all panic and trip over each other trying to dodge the cart.
Not only did it make the whole event feel like you just dismissively rolled who died instead of letting us attempt escape, but it also cheapened the story because you gave us absolutely no description of the event beyond noirs perspective.
Fair. I guess I don't have the best policy on which rolls to show. As a general rule, I don't show the rolls at all, except when i feel the player should know that theri action was the result of a string of bad luck rather than the norm for their character, or arbitrary GM fiat. I guess I err too much on the side of "things that the characters don't know shouldn't be shown."

As for being more descriptive - yes, that is fair. I should have given a clearer picture of what was going on there. the "list of dead" was in direct response to previous complaints that people didn't know for sure if their characters were still 'alive.' I wanted to be clear on that. And I do have a tendency to write from the perspective of the character whose action is being resolved. Generally speaking, it's a bit tedious to write a turn synopsis after everyone's actions resolve, so I tend to include information that everyone should know in responses to individuals. I'll work on that.

Noir said this" Guysss please help my wings bone feels....I'm not sure if I can fly over there.....Please do something I'm in the cart with the wings!"
While noir really sddmitedly dident word this well she did say I'm not sure if I can fly over thereand second....someone please do something.
They never heard you. You were too far away for that.

Actualy, yeah The one issue I do I have most of all, was the solam fight over the amulet where I wished to simply let go of it because I knew he'd likely be able to beat me in a fight and instead the action resulted in punching him and the death of Jack.
I should have been more descriptive of the inner conflict Jack had there, where, like you, he knew he should let go, but something drags him back, like Bilbo when he was trying to leave the ring for Frodo.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 01, 2017, 06:54:33 pm »

But....jack responded...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 01, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »

But....jack responded...
He wouldn't have been able to hear her, and she wouldn't have been able to hear him.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 01, 2017, 07:56:57 pm »

Just gonna pop in here to say

oh my god show the rolls please show all the rolls

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 01, 2017, 08:45:47 pm »

Just going to pop in to say that everything in our thread was hunky dory until the spiders.

Fucking spiders, eight legged little bastards.

PW's christmas thing was a bit of a monkey's paw. But that was exactly what I expected from him. Maybe it's because I was in ER so I got to know his style a bit, but with pw you never get a positive thing without a lot of strings attached. Ugly, evil, occasionally !!fun!! strings.

You should also be wary of opening doors when PW is the gm, just saying. 

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 01, 2017, 08:48:03 pm »

Just going to pop in to say that everything in our thread was hunky dory until the spiders.

PW's christmas thing was a bit of a monkey's paw. But that was exactly what I expected from him. Maybe it's because I was in ER so I got to know his style a bit, but with pw you never get a positive thing without a lot of strings attached. Ugly, evil, occasionally !!fun!! strings.

I'm GMing for some friends and I'm taking note's to add some extra !FUN!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 01, 2017, 08:49:59 pm »

I'm GMing for some friends and I'm taking note's to add some extra !FUN!
if you want some !FUN! and !FUN!ny cursed and magical Items I can give you a link and pm you some stuff
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 01, 2017, 08:53:35 pm »

PW is actually pretty easy going with the death. I was certainly lulled into a false sense of security by Redneck Alligator Santa. Recall that he pretty much fulfilled my character's most immediate goal?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 194