Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285437 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1815 on: January 31, 2017, 06:00:52 pm »

Um, Oz, that was mean to make jack punch the person he was trying to give back the item too. It was very clearly out of line with his posted action. Why did that happen?

oh, and um, I know Aylia doesn't know about what happened to the remainder of the team, but did the room she was shot in fall off with the cart room? all her stuff is there is why im asking.
That item was a gift from the devil.

No, the room she was shot in was further back. her stuff is fine.

Umm.  It wasn't still an issue, I was just pointing out why your response had failed to be particularly helpful (Lenglon's was much more helpful), mostly due to your desire to avoid outright giving us knowledge.  My way of saying it was uselessly abrasive and roundabout, but I do think you should give us unprompted information that is important to playing our characters, even if our characters would not know that information themselves.  People really shouldn't need to ask whether they're still in control of their characters, or whether their characters are dead.

Secondly, I was saying that your excuse for the hypothetical unbalanced mechanic had little value, and implied you completely misunderstood my issue.  So I restated it to illustrate why I thought it would be an issue, even though it didn't actually exist--I'm just not the sort to let a good argument die, even if we don't disagree, okay?

Finally, as a response to your post's actual content: While I agree that just not caring about balance and letting people play at wildly different power levels is a perfectly reasonable excuse, I don't think it justifies everything.  The hypothetical-if-nonexistent zombie immortality would be a problem.  Almost nobody wants their char to die, so it pushes people towards playing undead just so they can get what they want more easily.  Additionally, I know from firsthand experience that you do indeed care about balancing characters.  Virtually every one of my various chars has had abilities nerfed or changed because they could have been abused.  Noir had significant changes made to her because she was originally the most powerful character in the game.  Were those changes for the better?  Yeah.  Do they indicate that you are "not concerned about making all creatures equal and balanced either."?  No.  Were they all necessary "not to let any character break the game for the others"?  Frankly, I'd argue not.  Then again, I'd argue virtually anything. Umm..  It wasn't still an issue, I was just pointing out why your response had failed to be particularly helpful (Lenglon's was much more helpful), mostly due to your desire to avoid outright giving us knowledge.  My way of saying it was uselessly abrasive and roundabout, but I do think you should give us unprompted information that is important to playing our characters, even if our characters would not know that information themselves.  People really shouldn't need to ask whether they're still in control of their characters, or whether their characters are dead.  Secondly, I was saying that your excuse for the hypothetical unbalanced mechanic had little value, and implied you completely misunderstood my issue.  So I restated it to illustrate why I thought it would be an issue, even though it didn't actually exist--I'm just not the sort to let a good argument die, even if we don't disagree, okay?  Finally,as a response to your post's actual content: While I agree that just not caring about balance and letting people play at wildly different power levels is a perfectly reasonable excuse, I don't think it justifies everything.  The hypothetical-if-nonexistent zombie immortality would be a problem, I don't think it justifies everything, I know from firsthand experience.  Almost nobody wants their char to die, so it pushes people towards playing undead just so they can get what they want more easily.  Additionally, I know from firsthand experience that you do indeed care about balancing characters.  Virtually every one of my various chars has had abilities nerfed or changed[/img] because they could have been abused.  Almost nobody wants their char to die, think Noir had significant changes made to her because she was originally the most powerful character in the game.  Were those changes for the better?  Yeah.
You seem to have a little redundancy there, Sy. Hmm. Weird. must have been a copy/paste error.

Yes, I am sorry abut not being clear about whether people's characters are dead or not. I did list everyone who died directly in Noir's action previously, and i thought I was clear enough there, saying "x is dead" and so forth.

I'm not sure i agree that Noir was the most powerful character in the game, though from at least one viewpoint she might have been. But yeah, I do care about balance to an extent, for sure. You are right there, anyway. good point. But I am okay with a partially unbalanced game if it works and is fun  for everyone.

As for everyone wanting to play zombies, well, honestly, I haven't ever had a problem remotely like that. In my games, I rarely see two players play the same type of character, or even one player play the same character twice. Now, I know there are zombie rtds out there, so I am not saying you are mistaken, but heck, i'll cross that bridge When the O in Omega starts to stand for Outbreak (of the zombie virus).

I may not have responded to all your arguments, but heck, I am thinking about everything you wrote. Thank you for educating me.
I think noir is growing a bit of a hatred towards omega legion for sending her and her friends. to this hellhole.
Also how long till evac.....Noir really dosent care about this mission anymore and just wants outta it with jack and aylia and dar and all her friends..there's been so much death she feels hungry and she feels like life is spiting her.
Ironically, I believe every death so far in this mission has been the direct result of player action, rather than of anything Omega caused.

Also question if noir dies during this were doing that whole thing were her corpse might reanimate due to the black magic stuff correct?
Which black magic are you referencing here? Her father's, or someone else's?

This whole mission has been a mess, I wanted to just search through the dead and the wreck then move on but that failed.
I did mention that the room was unstable. I think I let some of the warning slip under the radar though, since i directed some of it at Cho. but, hell, this room has been unstable since it collapsed the first time.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 31, 2017, 06:04:51 pm »

Fair enough.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 31, 2017, 06:20:36 pm »

Her fathers.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 31, 2017, 06:36:16 pm »

Dammit, this place is too fragile.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 31, 2017, 07:02:04 pm »

Her fathers.

I'm gonna have to veto the emergency resurrection bit though. Sorry. it's a good idea, but it should fall under the skill specialization as it stands.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 31, 2017, 07:05:18 pm »

Oh yes, my darlings! It's that time again!
Time for a new character!

no, I'm never going to get around to playing leafthing.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 31, 2017, 08:22:04 pm »

....yeah....Noir...has reached her breaking point...
Everyone is dying she's hungry she's thirsty...jack is dead she feels so pathetic and guilty and she just wants to go home....Hopefully her dad will hear her and grab her.
Yes this is me saying I'm basically retiring noir...she's lost her will to do anymore of this and ultimately she feels she's just suffered out here..So yeah ozark I'd like to retire noir basically which is why I am doing that action in said thread.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:30:18 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 31, 2017, 10:17:24 pm »

Damn it, it nearly worked.  Freaking preview. >.<

As to the zombie epidemic, it isn't an issue because zombies don't actually have any benefit to being played.  If playing a zombie did grant immortality, then such an epidemic might exist--more likely, it would just make people unhappy about certain characters getting unfair advantages.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:30 pm »

Preview of what?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 31, 2017, 11:44:53 pm »

Backstory unfinished, while I go home and reconsider my life. This character's story exists within my mind, but I might want to make it slightly less horrible and traumatic. Watch this space?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 01, 2017, 12:34:22 am »

Actually ozark....roll noir a will roll for the breakdown for her father to see if she actually does that...some people are still intrested in noir and I don't wanr to dissapoint them entirely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 01, 2017, 10:13:49 am »

I know the last few rounds have been really rough in Despair, and as a GM I can sometimes be a little irritable when that happens. I am opening up the thread for a "complain at the GM" session.

This is not an opportunity to complain about other players. This is a "can you guys really believe the nerve of that GM?" session.

it's also an opportunity for you guys to reiterate previous complaints, either spoken to me in private or in the thread.

Actually ozark....roll noir a will roll for the breakdown for her father to see if she actually does that...some people are still intrested in noir and I don't wanr to dissapoint them entirely.
I want you to know that I was kidding about not giving Noir any slack. That said, I also want you to know that Noir still has the repercussions of her wish to face, in the future.

On that note, I also want to open up the topic of the Christmas wishes, and where we go with them from here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 01, 2017, 10:18:27 am »

Noir...kinda feels screwed with her wish since she got a net loss so far what with jack being dead.....again....I'd imagine I have some kinda penalty to my general charisma or something? Maybe....the wish would make noirs dark magic much more visible and obvious making people not trust her? Or think she was evil?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 01, 2017, 11:35:16 am »

I think that the PW christmas wishes were a little jerky in general, but that's complaining about someone who is neither the GM nor a fellow player.
What I'm thinking of in particular is how nobody got to refuse, and how Terrance just straight up died.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 01, 2017, 11:39:23 am »

I liked the last christmas thing a bit more where we got those free items that were rather unique I feel....Hell I woulda gladly taken for the christmas gift a way outta the mission and quick extraction.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 194