Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285119 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1380 on: August 31, 2016, 08:31:12 am »

Alright, if we're doing a mission with PYLON, I'll do some messing about on base if you don't mind.

PYLON: get delivered.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 01, 2016, 03:48:28 am »

Make a mental note to be less afraid and a bit boulder in future.

Hope my new companion isn't telepathic and doesn't crush me for such a dreadful pun. Continue to snooze.

Niiiiiice. You sleep and awake refreshed. the boulder does as well, and sits up, blinking moodily. Oh. it's a troll.

Alright, if we're doing a mission with PYLON, I'll do some messing about on base if you don't mind.

PYLON: get delivered.
You don't actually have to play this character, you know. But yeah, the PYLON gets delivered in a faraday cage in a crate on a cart. It hears some yeeling that turns into shouting, which turns into silence. The cart begins to move again, then comes to a bumpy halt at last, and the crate is pried open, revealing a rather blackened room, and a few gnomes wearing odd contraptions and wires and stuff. It's very steampunk. "Soooo .... is it gonna explode?"

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 01, 2016, 10:23:40 am »

New character sheet. Tell me if the stats/skills aren't balanced correctly.
Spoiler: Altair (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 01, 2016, 01:11:38 pm »

"PYLON WILL NOT EXPLODE, FOOL! PYLON WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THIS WAS MORE YOUR KIND OF THING, IGNORANT ORGANIC."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:52:04 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 01, 2016, 01:28:12 pm »

Altair works just fine. Put him in the char sheet thread

as for PYLON:
"Oh, MechaJesus, another one." "Stop, it's normal. Mad wizards and their hubris." "It has a point though, we do tend to explode a lot." "What? we never explode. lots of things around us do, but we don't." "True, exploding isn't really an organic thing, as much as it is a black powder thing." "Do you think this think has any black powder in it?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 01, 2016, 01:51:46 pm »

((Damn, Egan did not mean to refer to PYLON as "I", let me retcon that real quick.))

"PYLON DOES NOT CONTAIN EXPLOSIVES, PUNY ORGANIC, PYLON CONTAINS THINGS THAT CAUSE ORGANICS TO EXPLODE. PYLON ALSO CONTAINS THINGS THAT CAUSE MACHINES, DEAD ORGANICS, INANIMATE OBJECTS, AND MAGICAL BEINGS TO EXPLODE. BUT PYLON DOES NOT DO THE EXPLODING."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:55:10 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 01, 2016, 01:58:50 pm »

"Alright, PYLON. DO yo uintend on causing us to explode? This is kinda important, you know? We'd like to remain intact, and, well, that brand ..."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 01, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »

"PYLON DOES NOT INTEND TO WASTE TIME EXPLODING ORGANICS FOR FUN. PYLON HAS MUCH MORE ENTERTAINING ACTIVITIES TO TEND TO, SUCH AS CONTEMPLATING THINGS THAT YOU COULD NEVER POSSIBLY COMPREHEND."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 01, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »

"Yup, mad wizard make, alright." "Well, at least it doesn't seem to be entirely unhinged. Yet." "Well, we could fix tha-" "What? No, we want it hinged. Don't you remember the Stabbing spoon finger?" "Oooooooh. yeah. yeah I remember."

Anyway, they remove your Faraday cage and attempt some tests on you. Mostly, "blow this watermellon up" and "power this thingum. no, from there." "And how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 01, 2016, 02:18:46 pm »

((Pylon just needs a hug))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 01, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 01, 2016, 05:26:00 pm »

Look around the base to see if I can find some sort of workshop that I could use to build a basic construct. If not, look around the base for basic materials like sticks, rope, or mud. Or corpses, if I can find any that are available for public use.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 01, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »

((tempted to pick this up again.

kinda lost direction when I rejoined midway through a mission last time so ill probably wait for a new set to start if I do.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 01, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »

Thrips had just stifled a yawn and was starting to sit up when he registered the creature beside him.
His eyes went wide and he froze, not having much in the way of experience with waking up next to strangers, let alone gigantic trolls...

Stare at the troll. Remain very still. Try not to breathe too loudly.

What do I know about trolls? Have I ever seen one before? Is it *shudder* a... a medic?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 01, 2016, 09:37:03 pm »

"BETWEEN ONE AND 30 VIGINTILLION."
"Correct." "Now try to split this watermelon without exploding it" "can you make colorful lights? How manydifferent colors can you maintain at once?" "What is the proper distance from which one should converse with a Silver Dragon, of the Haiedes Archapeligo?"

Look around the base to see if I can find some sort of workshop that I could use to build a basic construct. If not, look around the base for basic materials like sticks, rope, or mud. Or corpses, if I can find any that are available for public use.
You want a private workshop? gonna have to build one from scratch. I'll let you have a workshop room along Explosion Alley instead of a bedroom. It has one (1) rickety wooden table in it. There are sticks and rocks around the base, and you'd need to check the morgue (or cafeteria perhaps) for corpses. Careful, some of them are less dead than others.

((tempted to pick this up again.

kinda lost direction when I rejoined midway through a mission last time so ill probably wait for a new set to start if I do.))
There's four of you here. I have an idea for a rather insignificant 'quest' you could go on. Or wait, the blasphemers might end their mission within the month. Honestly, I was expecting more, and shorter, missions. ah well.

Thrips had just stifled a yawn and was starting to sit up when he registered the creature beside him.
His eyes went wide and he froze, not having much in the way of experience with waking up next to strangers, let alone gigantic trolls...

Stare at the troll. Remain very still. Try not to breathe too loudly.

What do I know about trolls? Have I ever seen one before? Is it *shudder* a... a medic?
it sits there, scratches it's belly, and blinks very slowly, mouth slightly open, and drool dribbling slowly down it's chin, to drop onto it's chest at odd intervals.
In a big city you might have had occasion to see them, but you could have gone your whole life without, too. if you did see them, they were either oddities at the bazaar, or workmen. If they were working, they were either doing heavy lifting for things like mining or construction, or were used almost like workhorses, even to the point of having those blinders on to keep them from seeing things at their sides. the last is the most likely situation you would have seen them in, even hauling the delivery carts to your restaurant. Why, being a sensitive boy, you might have even befriended one, whether it knew of it or not.

this one doesn't currently look aggressive, so that's probably a good sign. You have no idea of it's professional leanings.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 194