Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285020 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1320 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:40 am »

thank the doctor and head for the potion master
To the potion master you go. He is currently wrestling a dog sized creature to the ground, attempting to force a dropper into it's mouth. "Every time. You do this every time. Not like you haven't had fur before. Just be .... just hold still. be cool, man, be cool!"

Stare in shock at the living carrots. Do they respond to my presence at all? If they look in my direction, remain very still.
After a while, if they don't seem threatening, carefully sneak over and grab some bread to dunk in the mashed potatoes followed by the gravy. Then retreat to a safe distance to eat.

Well, they are three inches tall, so 'threatening' might be a bit beyond them. Anyway, you remain unobtrusive, and carefully work around them to get your paltry meal. They continue their selection, moving on to a pile of what, at first, you mistook for some kind of unsightly growth next to the wall, but turns out is something like cauliflower.

You eat, chewing slowly and spitting out the hard bits, a tear threatening to come to your eye.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 19, 2016, 08:31:40 am »

offer him assistance
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 19, 2016, 06:01:18 pm »

Cauliflower is the definition of an unsightly growth. Also it tastes yecch.

Check to make sure no-one but the carrot people are around, then cry onto my bread.
Maybe that will make it more palatable.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 20, 2016, 11:55:05 pm »

offer him assistance
"Don't just stand there with your mouth open, boy, grab his ass!"

Cauliflower is the definition of an unsightly growth. Also it tastes yecch.

Check to make sure no-one but the carrot people are around, then cry onto my bread.
Maybe that will make it more palatable.

You attempt to sob gently onto your bread, letting your tears soften it for consumption. You begin to cry. When you do, you unlock the floodgates and begin, fisrt to snuffle, then to hiccough, then to bawl over your meal. You get more snot than tears on your bread. At least it's spreadable. After a few sidelong clanges your way, the carrots move off down a small corridor out of sight.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 21, 2016, 12:31:48 am »

Grab the fucker and get him to hold still
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 23, 2016, 06:06:45 am »

Om nom nom, boo hoo hoo. Or vice versa.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 24, 2016, 09:15:05 am »

Grab the fucker and get him to hold still
You tackle the furry fellow and wrap your legs and arms around him. A moment later, the potion guy manages to get the potion in him. He jerks a couple times ,then goes still. You stand up, brushing large quantities of fur off yourself. You and hte potions guy drag the thing to a cot in the corner. All tidied up.
"He should be fine. Maybe a few side effects will linger. I bet that fixed his hunchback, though."

He looks inordinately pleased with himself.

Om nom nom, boo hoo hoo. Or vice versa.
You are quite effective at this. You cryt yourself to sleep, eating your lackluster meal. People avoid you all day. The awkwardness expands to about thirty feet.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 25, 2016, 06:44:57 am »

I might dump you guys into the more casual of the two mission threads, just to give you something to do. Plus, one player will be away for a while, so it might be useful to have another pair of hands or two.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 25, 2016, 06:53:50 am »

((which one?))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 26, 2016, 06:52:26 am »

((hey, they wounded both your lieutenants, and the eye, as well as killing a good chunk of npcs while you were there. You were an unexpected element is all.

And the Eye got lucky with that sonic scream duplication. I reward creative thinking, if it works ...

Edit: the other thread has been having a similarly disappointing lack of PC deaths. I'm about to write up both turns, and last we saw them, things weren't looking too good for our intrepid infidel murderers.))

Edit 2:
Actually, Syv makes a decent point. How's the pacing and threat level for you all? I could up both a notch if the game is lagging a bit. For the temple robbers thread, it would primarily be about how I organize the turns, I think, while for the other team, it would be more of an increase in the immediacy of most threats, and perhaps the scale. This last battle was, from the npcs guiding you guys' point of view, an unexpected event that was secondary to the overall mission. This was a side stop.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:12:32 am by Ozarck »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 26, 2016, 09:25:33 am »

Have pleasant (possibly delicious?) dreams.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 26, 2016, 09:56:29 am »

Have pleasant (possibly delicious?) dreams.
MMM. Pizza. Ice cream. Mousse. Cheesey fries. Chili Cheese fries. Baaaaaaacooooooon.

You awaken, and your dreams linger, though they are muddled. Your stomach rumbles, but all you can remember is cold rodents and fried ice. Weird.

((are you going to join the mission in progress? Feel free to teleport over. I can stuff you in a closet like I did with Spaz.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 26, 2016, 10:53:50 am »

Actually, Syv makes a decent point. How's the pacing and threat level for you all? I could up both a notch if the game is lagging a bit. For the temple robbers thread, it would primarily be about how I organize the turns, I think, while for the other team, it would be more of an increase in the immediacy of most threats, and perhaps the scale. This last battle was, from the npcs guiding you guys' point of view, an unexpected event that was secondary to the overall mission. This was a side stop.

I don't really feel that the missions need to be more lethal, though I historically don't always agree with others on that subject.  I'd agree that it seems likely we just got somewhat lucky against the fishpeople, though they were clearly weaker than any particular individual in our group.  Balance-wise, it makes sense to me, as we have limited resources during the mission and the fishpeople served to drain a small amount of those even despite their bad luck and situational disadvantage.

Primarily, I called them pitiful because that is what Dar'yajira thinks of them.  He pities them.  I personally don't pity the mooks, though, and I recognize that we could have done significantly worse if the dice failed to smile upon us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 28, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Warning: slightly mad philosophy ahead. I'll admit that this one is a bit odd, and maybe a little overpowered. I would not be offended if you rejected this one. :P
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 194