Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284993 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1080 on: July 21, 2016, 10:32:35 pm »

I think I'm healing, but I shouldn't push it, but I need to report in. I can't do that if I can't talk. Shattered limbs means the ice is all thats holding me together, I can't return to normal, I have to stay some kind of icecat. How can I communicate...
commstone.
I can text-input to my commstone!

My commstone! I'll use that too...
Wait, wasn't that on my collar?
Do I have my collar?
If yes, report my position and situation, after being brought back inside, via text input.
If no... I'll wait before trying to shift, see if I'm healing or not. Requesting timeskip to when I feel better or know that I won't be feeling better.
((Are you aware that Aylia hasn't had a chance to tour Omega? She isn't aware of the details of Granny.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:35:17 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 22, 2016, 03:17:12 am »

Hoo! Next order of business, sell off that stuff I nicked from the stomped fey in the tournament grounds. And check how much betting money I've accumulated.

After that check if any of the other yobs in the squad have turned up yet.

((Also, I do get a levelup, right? If so:))

Spoiler: LEVELUP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:19:34 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 22, 2016, 05:58:30 am »

"Statement: This is might be up for a new work order, provided this one is allowed to do a full systems check first.
Sly statement: This one does hope there is some kind of reward for all of this. Those statues would have been real troublesome for someone without this one's mental buffers."

Check everything to see if I'm allright.

If I am, hear what this new order is.

"Sly indeed. Well, you've come to the right fellow. Pick your poison, my sturdy fellow. I can getcha some things your average Omega won't be seeing this side of the afterlife, know what I mean? Just as long as your reliable. I scratch your back, you keep real quiet about what you see, and we'll have a nice working relationship. Fair enough?

As for the next order of business, let's check the roster. Oh, yuck. There's a cell in the basement, set off away from teh others. near the latrines, really. And for good reason. The residents scheduled to be placed there will require a rather untidy environment. There's a shipment of manure to be dumped down there, and then it is to be wetted down pretty thoroughly with swamp water. How are they gonna get that much swamp water here? Eh. After that, singing leeches. No, don't give me that look. They aren't mystical or anything, just noisy. Oh, but they can get into rather tight spaces, so handle them with care, or we'll be fishing eels out of your systems for a week."

I think I'm healing, but I shouldn't push it, but I need to report in. I can't do that if I can't talk. Shattered limbs means the ice is all thats holding me together, I can't return to normal, I have to stay some kind of icecat. How can I communicate...
commstone.
I can text-input to my commstone!

My commstone! I'll use that too...
Wait, wasn't that on my collar?
Do I have my collar?
If yes, report my position and situation, after being brought back inside, via text input.
If no... I'll wait before trying to shift, see if I'm healing or not. Requesting timeskip to when I feel better or know that I won't be feeling better.
((Are you aware that Aylia hasn't had a chance to tour Omega? She isn't aware of the details of Granny.))
You do have your collar. It is snapped right apart (I forget if it was a breakaway or not). The com device is blinking and flcikering, and when you input text, some of the characters fade out, and some shift to other languages or pictograms. It's not ... You know what? We'll go ahead anddo that time skip. i was mostly keeping things in line with the mission thread anyway. Over the next few days, you warm up, and are able to shift to elfey and back. Your wounds don't heal as a result of the shift, but you are getting better. And will be at full health for the next mission you choose to go on. When you shift into cat form, you always shift into ice kitty form. Pure white, with thundercloud grey eyes. It's a rather durable form, due to the frost giant mix you drew it from, and of course has an affinity for cold. this affinity carries over to your normal form to a very minor extent. When you shift into other forms, these traits are not present.

Hoo! Next order of business, sell off that stuff I nicked from the stomped fey in the tournament grounds. And check how much betting money I've accumulated.

After that check if any of the other yobs in the squad have turned up yet.

((Also, I do get a levelup, right? If so:))

Spoiler: LEVELUP (click to show/hide)
You do. everyone does. Please copy this over to that thread, though. It's easier to track who has and has not leveled by checking the mission thread than trawling through this mess :P Either way, it is added to your sheet (the one in my spreadsheet, that is.) you level will to 0, and skill, you'll need five more points to level.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 22, 2016, 06:24:15 am »

((argh, just got home from work and I missed the update. Curse you, timezones!))

hear what this new work order is.

--edit: being a silly goose--
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:44:59 am by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 22, 2016, 07:25:18 am »

((argh, just got home from work and I missed the update. Curse you, timezones!))

hear what this new work order is.
I refer you to the post immediately above yours :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 22, 2016, 07:34:12 am »

The Eye is, presumably, repaired?  What about plantbaby?  I wanna keep him...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:37:47 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 22, 2016, 07:34:48 am »

That's the levelup, then. Now for the other bits! In order:

1. Sell off stolen shit and gathered ingredients from stomped and otherwise killed tiny people.

2. I did catalogue all the stuff I got from the tourney betting beforehand, and it seemed pretty promising stuff overall. How much is it all worth, are there any unusual artifacts (try and identify them first without, then with help if yes)?

3. Check up on the other yobs, see if they've returned yet. Fingers crossed for fatalities!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:17:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 22, 2016, 07:44:43 am »

((Derp. 3 hours of sleep is not doing me any favours today.))

"Acknowledgement: Fair enough. This one has no immediate wants, but this one is sure it will be able to come up with something.

Glad statement: It is a good thing this one can turn off its olfactory sensors at will. This one is not averse to dirty work, it will do the job."

Accept the second job. Go to the designated cell and start doing as instructed: dump the shipment of manure and wet it with swamp water. Be extra careful to follow the correct instructions when dealing with the singing leeches.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:06:26 am by Pancaek »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 22, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »

Ebony is back here, correct? Any debrief?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 22, 2016, 01:18:31 pm »

Noir blinks looking around in surprise before In a questioning tone.
"Where do we go?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 22, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »

Noir would have followed dar most likely not quite sure where to go.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 22, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »

Ebony, assuming no debrief is happening, follows Dar as well.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 22, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »

The Eye is, presumably, repaired?  What about plantbaby?  I wanna keep him...
repaired and plantbabied You weren't getting rid of him unless you specifically requested it.

That's the levelup, then. Now for the other bits! In order:

1. Sell off stolen shit and gathered ingredients from stomped and otherwise killed tiny people.

2. I did catalogue all the stuff I got from the tourney betting beforehand, and it seemed pretty promising stuff overall. How much is it all worth, are there any unusual artifacts?

3. Check up on the other yobs, see if they've returned yet. Fingers crossed for fatalities!
No fatalities. I was a tad too kind, I think. They've returned.

The bits you got, you take to Poisoners' Row. It's only slightly misnamed, because some of the inhabitants who have shops here don't actually deal in poisons. You can get three minor potions/ tinctures for your lot, or one minor and one of medium effect, or one more powerful one. Minor will have very brief effects, like making you buoyant for a minute or so, or minor long term effects, like turning you light blue. and the quality scales from there. Some of the potions and tinctures available are quite dubious, of course. So, buyer beware.

As for the betting, You re owed three favors from minor fey npcs. The rest is of little value now that you re removed from the people to whom it had any value.

The minor valuables are worth something useful from the quartermaster, who haggles at least as well as you do.

I miss anything?

((Derp. 3 hours of sleep is not doing me any favours today.))

"Acknowledgement: Fair enough. This one has no immediate wants, but this one is sure it will be able to come up with something.

Glad statement: It is a good thing this one can turn off its olfactory sensors at will. This one is not averse to dirty work, it will do the job."

Accept the second job. Go to the designated cell and start doing as instructed: dump the shipment of manure and wet it with swamp water. Be extra careful to follow the correct instructions when dealing with the singing leeches.
((I'm a little underrested as well right now. No biggie)) You get the room mucked this turn and go in search of swamp water. You haven't got any instructions on where to get that. Good luck :P

Ebony is back here, correct? Any debrief?
Noir blinks looking around in surprise before In a questioning tone.
"Where do we go?"
Dar walks you through the little ritual and you find yourselves in Omega once more. Well, for the first time for Noir, anyway. Go report to the sergeant at arms and give a debrief. I'm sure he'll be just fascinated. Good job everyone.

Dar'yajira goes to check om Aylia.  He actually would have done this immediately upon returning, but I'm a late poster.  Levelup will come... at some point in the future.
We'll just assume you were in and out during her convalescence, being a moral support and talking her through it.

I gotta check on the ol' merc thread and make a note of who id and did not level there. ugh.

Noir would have followed dar most likely not quite sure where to go.
Noir would have been directed to the Officer of the Day for her to explain herself, describe her swearing in, and in general give Omega an understanding of who she is. The Officer of the Day today looks like a totem pole with big, thick arms that stick out from it's sides at right angles, and then drop from the knobbly elbows straight down, resting it's knuckles on the floor. it is at this point that Fiddler would encourage you to "show it your dark magic. Show it that you can be useful in a fight."

Ebony, assuming no debrief is happening, follows Dar as well.
Grrr. Imma let the dogs out, you lot!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 22, 2016, 03:30:09 pm »

Noir would ignore fiddler or his urging inside her head whatever it may be not exactly trusting his advice much anymore before in a slightly awkward tone
"Um...hello I'm Noir Dragonfang and I  volunteered to join this...legion of some kind omega legion yes.so...um I've never done this kinda thing before...so I'm not sure what i should say and what you've heard so maybe you could go over what you've heard and what you wanna know and i can answer those questions?"
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 194