Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Looking to torture 3 Goblins  (Read 4011 times)

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking to torture 3 Goblins
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:42:24 pm »

Greetings and salutations fellow dwarfs I have come for some advice. You see in my latest siege I captured 3 Goblins while the cowards were running away, now that they our in my possession I think it is time for some revenge. Now usually I would allow such vile creatures a quick death but this siege had been particularly devastating. And now I want to create some personal hell's for these goblins and most of all I DON'T WANT THEM TO DIE. One of these goblins killed the queen, One of these goblins killed my favorite Axe lord, and One of these goblins killed my legendary smith and now i want these creatures to suffer. I want them to writhe in agony and pain and for that pain to never stop! Not only that I want each of them to have their own ironic punishment for killing such valued members of my fort. So that is why i have come here, how do I best punish each individual goblin with their own individual hell?         

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to torture 3 Goblins
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:46:29 pm »

Do they have armor?
You can strip them of everything except helmets and breastplates and then throw them in a shooting gallery to be live practice targets for marksdwarves equipped with wooden/bone bolts.
Since the vitaal organs are protected but the limbs are not they will suffer constant non-deadly wounds.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 08:47:54 pm »

Do they have armor?
You can strip them of everything except helmets and breastplates and then throw them in a shooting gallery to be live practice targets for marksdwarves equipped with wooden/bone bolts.
Since the vitaal organs are protected but the limbs are not they will suffer constant non-deadly wounds.
bleeding out is still an issue.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:02 pm »

In my experience they dont bleed much from bolt wounds in the limbs.
Once (admittedly in an older version) I tried to execute goblins by firing squad, didnt work.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 08:55:05 pm »

Hmm... build a re-usable drowning chamber and first test it on an expendable goblin to determine (!!SCIENCE!!) how long goblins can survive underwater before drowning.

Then drop your offending goblins in the chamber and flood it for random amounts of time to scare the crap out of them but always pull the lever to drain the chamber before they completely drown.  Do this repeatedly without warning at random times.

--nomad_delta

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 09:08:38 pm »

This is a subject to which I have given admittedly far too much thought.  In order to maximize their punishment, I recommend starting with a shallow pit (2-4 Z max) that is floored with the densest material you have.  Gold would be best, with Lead, Silver, and Copper being a close second.  Toss them in, and they are likely to break limbs without fatality, though you should probably test on a critter first.  Dunno about ironic relative to the Dorfs they killed, but crippling a limb is always a good start.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 09:15:36 pm »

Unfortunately in this version there appears to be a bug preventing pitting or chaining sentient creatures.

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »

Like the drowning chamber Idea will do some !!SCIENCE!! first on the next goblin I capture. Perhaps it could be possible with some micro managing to almost drown them set a team of marksdwarfs on them with wooden bolts and rinse and repeat For Eternity! Also crippling them sounds like it could be fun I wonder if it could be possible to utterly crush their legs to make it impossible to escape. Good Idea's guys keep it up.   

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 09:52:38 pm »

I have started work on a drowning chamber with a whole siege worth of goblins to test it on. Any tips to make it as reusable and non lethal as possible? 

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 02:35:38 am »

Just a bit of an update on something I found very amusing. It appears my duke has thrown all of my goblin long term residents in jail. This game is truly awesome sometimes. 

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 07:27:28 am »

I have also been thinking about some of the torture possibilities the latest version could provide and offer as my untested plans.

First you'll need a torture chamber, which is as simple as an unadorned room. 5x5 will probably do. Chain your chosen goblin in this room if possible, otherwise are caged creatures able to witness and react to things going on outside their cage?. Next you need to choose a torturer dwarf with some very special properties. It would be even more fitting if this dwarf was a friend or relative of one of your fallen champions in need of avenging, but the key qualities are incredibly low creativity and linguistic ability with dabbling skill in at least one poetic form.

Assign your torture chamber as a tavern, set it to citizens only and use burrows to restrict it to your torture technician only. Assign your torturer as the performer of your torture-tavern. Force your captive audience to listen to the worst dwarven poetry your fortress can offer.

Second idea is a long shot and would be more useful with a working dfhack to see into your captive's personal values: If you happened to have a goblin who values knowledge far more than average for their kind and you manage to blind them through your non-lethal maiming, create a library specifically for them and lock them in for all eternity.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 07:33:21 am »

Force your captive audience to listen to the worst dwarven poetry your fortress can offer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 07:51:37 am »

I have also been thinking about some of the torture possibilities the latest version could provide and offer as my untested plans.

First you'll need a torture chamber, which is as simple as an unadorned room. 5x5 will probably do. Chain your chosen goblin in this room if possible, otherwise are caged creatures able to witness and react to things going on outside their cage?. Next you need to choose a torturer dwarf with some very special properties. It would be even more fitting if this dwarf was a friend or relative of one of your fallen champions in need of avenging, but the key qualities are incredibly low creativity and linguistic ability with dabbling skill in at least one poetic form.

Assign your torture chamber as a tavern, set it to citizens only and use burrows to restrict it to your torture technician only. Assign your torturer as the performer of your torture-tavern. Force your captive audience to listen to the worst dwarven poetry your fortress can offer.

Second idea is a long shot and would be more useful with a working dfhack to see into your captive's personal values: If you happened to have a goblin who values knowledge far more than average for their kind and you manage to blind them through your non-lethal maiming, create a library specifically for them and lock them in for all eternity.

Omg This is Idea is hilarious I am gonna add it to  my torture program. I think I have figured out a a way to make all of these happen. i am gonna start building individual torture rooms each with their own unique punishment Keep it up guys will tell the results tommorrow.   

Trappington

• Bay Watcher
  • Micromanager for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »

Create a 2-3 Z level pit and drop the goblins into it.  Then designate it as your garbage dump and throw all of your refuse from butchered animals down on top of them.  Alternatively, chain them in a small room and periodically drop cats down to claw and maim them. (Kills two birds with one stone)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 03:41:47 pm »

I think what people are reporting as an "impossible to pit goblins" in this version issue is a feature not a bug: I think it was introduced a few updates ago to simulate prisoner escapes. They try to escape every step and eventually succeed almost inevitably. The workaround is building or stockpiling the cages immediately next to the hole you throw them into, so they get few chances to break free.  Also pits need to be climber proof now, though a single overhang or a smoothed stone layer will do that.

My suggestion is: death by crundle swarm, crundles are easy to breed in captivity. Also jabberers, but that is a quick death.

The ideal thing to subject them to is a necrosis causing, deadly dust, very slow and unpleasant death that one, but that can get the rest of your fort killed too.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: [1] 2