Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 49867 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

On unrelated news, anyone else sorely disappointed in their starting army?

Ok, ok, they won, so I have to give them that.  It would be nice if enough survived for another conquest, though.  I'm used to rebuilding my starting army on turn 5, not turn 3.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

I may have stalled due to not being able to put in my turn, I only had my phone for internet.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Mine is INCREDIBLY shitty.

Also, two stales in a row, right at the start. Ugh, this does NOT bode well.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, starting army was ... let's say it needed reinforcement from 2 commanders and 2 recruitment turns :/

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm actually pretty happy with my starting army. It's under 50% at this point and could use reinforcements, but it's intentionally beaten three indy armies and accidentally beat one expansion party.

I have plenty of complaints about my nation, but the starting army has never been one of them.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am fairly certain that my starting army will remain viable for a battle or two, and by then I can replace him with troop construction. Hope it remains that way.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you are trying to run a game during the holidays (some folks would still be travelling / holidaying even now), and the timer is set really low, right? (as per usual for a new game) It's not surprising you'd get stales (or repeated postponing) if people are travelling.

The (4 player) game I'm running right now, over the past month, I ended up changing the warning email time from 12 to 24 hours, postponing repeatedly despite a 3 day timer, and finally extending the timer to 6 days.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you are trying to run a game during the holidays (some folks would still be travelling / holidaying even now), and the timer is set really low, right? (as per usual for a new game) It's not surprising you'd get stales (or repeated postponing) if people are travelling.
Yeah, except I'm not traveling or doing anything but sitting on my butt at home literally all damn day, so it feels kinda ridiculous to be missing deadlines.
Turn 2 in particular snuck up on me, I thought we were still on break time because of the Christmas thing and then POOF "you have staled on turn 2 like a retard"

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having an extension in your browser that indicates when you have new (non-spam) emails helps. (It shows the number of new emails over its icon)

The one I use is specifically for Gmail.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having an extension in your browser that indicates when you have new (non-spam) emails helps. (It shows the number of new emails over its icon)

The one I use is specifically for Gmail.
I just keep Gmail open all the time - it'll update on your tab when you get a new message (showing Inbox(1) - xxx@gmail.com).

As far as starting armies go, I'm actually pretty happy with mine, although I seem to be taking way more casualties in my sacred 50g boar warriors than my regular 20-odd gold starting boar warriors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Damn, my hero is a constant source of disappointment - first he refused to get a heroic skill, then he won a pair of sandals at the arena (he can't wear no shoes).

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, my hero is a constant source of disappointment - first he refused to get a heroic skill, then he won a pair of sandals at the arena (he can't wear no shoes).
Huh - I thought the game was smart enough not to award prizes that the hero can't use.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other hand, Symbol of Unchallenged Victory is pretty Accurate now, eh?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, fuck this. I NEED longer goddamn turns. This is total bullshit. I should not be missing 3-4 turns at this point in the game for no reason other then "is a mortal and requires sleep"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:13:36 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25