Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What stockpile does SLURRY go in?  (Read 5048 times)

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What stockpile does SLURRY go in?
« on: December 17, 2015, 01:20:57 am »

Does anyone know what stockpile settings will allow Slurry, such as that made from Pig Tails for the purpose of pressing into paper? As far as I can tell *no* stockpile will take the slurry, so it has to go straight from the Quern into the Screw Press for making paper.

--nomad_delta

PS: while we're at it, what stockpile type do Quires go into? Can't seem to find those either.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:38:39 am by nomad_delta »

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
Re: What stockpile does SLURRY go in?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 05:15:14 am »

Slurry doesn't seem to go anywhere, so it's best to make dedicated querns next to presses. My quires ended up in a general finished goods stockpile. I'm gonna guess they are identified as some sort of tool.
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:01:49 am »

I built chests in my library, which is listed as one of its desired items.  My blank quires are stored in those chests.  Once they are written on, they are stored on the shelves.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 02:57:02 pm »

On a closely related note, what stockpile do book bindings go in?  I want to encrust mine with gems before binding, but they don't seem to show up as an option for F(u)rniture or Finished (g)oods either one...
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 08:08:41 am »

Tools, IIRC.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:10:07 pm »

Book bindings, quires, scrolls, books, bookcases all go into tools on the stocks screen.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 05:27:56 pm »

Yes... sadly, the joke was on me.  They aren't encrust-able (well, technically, improveable).