Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with fixing a custom race  (Read 669 times)

Sethar123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Help with fixing a custom race
« on: December 16, 2015, 05:06:18 pm »

I had a race that I edited together myself (using another custom race as a base) that I used when I felt like being a cheater in Adventurer mode, but after some fiddling with the raws to allow it to be selectable in the new update's adventurer mode, it crashes after I choose all the personality traits for the character.
Here's a pastebin link of the raw info http://pastebin.com/pggZr087

Can anybody help me fix this?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:50:39 pm by Sethar123 »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with fixing a custom race
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 05:06:36 pm »

Can't say anything immediately jumps out at me.

The item corpse quality throws me off a bit, as it is set to ten, when the normal cap is five. I don't think that would be the cause, but it is something to fix.

John the Gamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 04:55:28 am »

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the creature file (doesn't crash when I add it to my files), so I'm thinking it might be the changes you made to the entity file that're causing your crash. Could you upload those as well? Because I don't know exactly what you changed in the other files.

Zekka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 09:53:57 am »

Does it crash if you use it in object testing arena? I have a similar problem (intermittent segfaults when I create an instance of the creature, only reproable in the OTA -- adventure mode not adequately tested yet), but I've changed a whole lot of files.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:13:25 am »

Make sure you check the errorlog file
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.