Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video game ideas.  (Read 1836 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Video game ideas.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 05:23:28 am »

Include a weapon mechanic with realistic or simi-realistict weapon physics.  Make sure to make all types viable.

Weird them telekenitckly or physically.

This would be fun! The major failing of Toribash is its inability to handle weapon physics properly.
You mean literally?
And the ability to 'skeet'.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:34 pm »

If you're going after a Real Time Strategy game, I've got an idea for you.
If not... good luck anyway.
I'm thinking about making a RTS game, so I would be interested in that idea (if you're still interested in putting it up)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 05:33:22 am »

Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 03:17:30 pm »

If you're going after a Real Time Strategy game, I've got an idea for you.
If not... good luck anyway.
I'm thinking about making a RTS game, so I would be interested in that idea (if you're still interested in putting it up)
Everything, and I mean everything, is customizable. The only thing that's really constant for any given species/race is that they have a King unit(of some kind, you can customize that too) that is the seed of all their other creations. You can customize structures, health, how much resources they cost(but there's some sort of balance in place, if a unit is really strong it's forced to have more cost)... everything is customizable. If you lose your King, you lose unless you have the ability to rebuild it(that's expensive, by the way). Ordinance(also somewhat customizable), like god powers from Age of Mythology, tops it all off.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 04:04:31 pm »

Why would you set cost to anything but the lowest if it was mostly detached from the unit's strength?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 04:39:51 pm »

(but there's some sort of balance in place, if a unit is really strong it's forced to have more cost)
Maybe I misstated this part somewhat. It's not mostly detached from the unit's strength.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 [2]