Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72785 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16] [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #855 on: January 18, 2016, 08:26:22 am »

Tomasque and Hazard who do you think is sk?

Oh and I'm still waiting on the day kill claim.
fillipk: Still identifying people...
I don't have day kill.

TDS, why is going after a possible SK better than a certain mafia player? What makes you sure it's not a vig?
It's been answered:
I'm voting for the SK rather than for the mafia because serial killers generally get stronger roles to balance out the whole mafia team, so removing him is more important.

Okay, somehow I missed this the first time round. Tawa was killed by a 3rd party. Deus's theory was that it could have been a deep play by Tawa's brother... but I'm not sure I'd buy that. So I can see how the SK theory gains traction.

The only thing I know for sure is that we're not on track to kill any kind of scum right now.

Everyone, why didn't you vote on D1? TDS why didn't you vote on D2? Hazard/Tomasque, why no D3 votes?
NQT: Dunno who to vote.

Don't except any reply from me 2 hours after this post.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16]
« Reply #856 on: January 18, 2016, 08:38:41 am »

Hazard, if you don't have any idea about who could be bad, then do you have any idea who could be good: who do you think is least likely to be mafia or sk?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 18, 2016, 10:58:25 am »

Tomasque, you claimed to have fired off your one-shot protection ability on N1. Unless I misunderstood what you were claiming? Could you rephrase your earlier claim?
Sure, but where did I supposedly claim that?

Everyone, why didn't you vote on D1? TDS why didn't you vote on D2? Hazard/Tomasque, why no D3 votes?
I didn't see why I'd vote anyone other than Roo, since everyone except him (and Deus) seemed pretty townie to me. I didn't dare vote for Deus, because if he had the guts to flat out claim miller and defend it, he'd beat me into the ground if I voted for him. Lastly, I couldn't think of a reason enough to join the roo bandwagon - which if he turned up scum would give me cred - and I knew people would suspect me if I voted w/o a reason.

Day 3, I didn't really bother to vote, since it might make people want to kill me.

^^ expand on this later, need to go now.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 18, 2016, 11:16:39 am »

EBWOP Scratch that last bit. I was being rushed and felt I needed to write something quickly. What I would say had I had the time:

Day 3, I had just revealed as survivor, and saw that even though I had most people believing me, FoU and Tiruin were definitely against me. If I voted "wrong", and people began suspecting me, Tiruin and FoU would use it to their advantage and lynch me.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 18, 2016, 11:26:36 am »

Okay so day kill was one shot, that's fine I guess, hazard and thedarkstar can we get a full role claim from both of you?

Here is mine

I have an investigation ability that tells me someone's alignment
I have a 1 shot auto revive that hasn't been triggered yet
I also have a watcher power that I haven't used because it seems an alignment investigation is better, makes me think something is wrong with my invest power but so far both people who showed up Mafia claimed Miller which goes along with my results.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 18, 2016, 11:37:38 am »

Wait Unvote why would the sk not target a double voter since they have a lot of power in the late game.  Hazard do you have a post restriction of some sort because honestly you not voting is looking mildly suspicious, especially when you are a double voter and are probably the most powerful weapon the town has, along with me.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 18, 2016, 12:01:35 pm »

Ok, time to claim.

I have a one-shot night kill. I killed FoU because he was looking really scummy.
I have a block that's multi-use.
I have a power that's better claimed after the fact.
I have an auto that's better claimed after the fact.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 18, 2016, 01:42:15 pm »

Did you use your block on any previous night, TDS?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 18, 2016, 01:42:59 pm »

Also, if Fallacy was so scummy, why did you never vote for him?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #864 on: January 18, 2016, 01:55:33 pm »

My role is The Lady and the Tiger (by They Might Be Giants).
 I am a survivor, and win if I'm alive when the game ends.

I have a one-shot auto ability called Stronger which revives me after death (I do not roleflip).
I have a one shot night ability called Laserbeams which kills me, makes all actions targeting me that night fail, and marks all those that targeted me.
I have a night ability called slash which marks my target (yes, it was me who did the marking. I used it on fillipk and TheDarkStar to get them active again, and my action failed on TheDarkStar).
Lastly, once I am killed and revived, I gain the day ability Roar, which prevents people from for the rest of the day.
Tomasque, I'm trying to make sense of this claim. Could you explicitly state which actions you used on each night?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 18, 2016, 02:02:41 pm »

Jack - can I use my courtesy extension.

I don't like extending games, but we do need Persus to post.

Persus
I'm waiting for Jack to clear something up for me (via PMs) before I claim the results of my actions.
What are the results?

I know how I survived the NK. I also know there was only a single kill attempt (unless a second (or more) killer was roleblocked/redirected). Now we know it was flabort doing the kill.
What was you ability that allowed you to survive the NK?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 18, 2016, 02:06:54 pm »

My role is The Lady and the Tiger (by They Might Be Giants).
 I am a survivor, and win if I'm alive when the game ends.

I have a one-shot auto ability called Stronger which revives me after death (I do not roleflip).
I have a one shot night ability called Laserbeams which kills me, makes all actions targeting me that night fail, and marks all those that targeted me.
I have a night ability called slash which marks my target (yes, it was me who did the marking. I used it on fillipk and TheDarkStar to get them active again, and my action failed on TheDarkStar).
Lastly, once I am killed and revived, I gain the day ability Roar, which prevents people from for the rest of the day.
Tomasque, I'm trying to make sense of this claim. Could you explicitly state which actions you used on each night?
If memory serves, I marked fillipk night 1 and attempted to mark TDS night 2, and did nothing night 3.
Money!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:50 pm »

Jack - can I use my courtesy extension.
NQT: Certainly.

The day has been extended!

Day 4 ends at 9:30 PM PST Tuesday, January 19th.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 18, 2016, 02:10:14 pm »

If memory serves, I marked fillipk night 1 and attempted to mark TDS night 2, and did nothing night 3.
Ah, for whatever reason, I thought you'd already used your one-shot. Why did you do nothing on N3? (Double check you PMs if you're not sure).

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 18, 2016, 02:49:48 pm »

Catching up, and am partway through day 1 (wow, roo was really condescending this game), but NQT's accusing me and asking role related questions, so I'll respond here.

Ok, caught up. Persus is my pick for scum: Teneb's excuse is ridiculous. Too neat.
I thought it was a rather effective counter to the Day 1 miller claim which makes inspecting that person useless otherwise. So it being too neat is something Jack A T should take as a compliment.

What was the result of Salsa's extinction?
What do you mean by this? He got modkilled for breaking the rules, right?

Persus: what is song name? Was Teneb lying?
My rolename is Mr. Roboto. Is that the song name and what you're looking for?

Persus
I'm waiting for Jack to clear something up for me (via PMs) before I claim the results of my actions.
What are the results?
Tawirochir visited DA night 1. TMS visited Tawirochir N2. Tomasque visited no one N3.

I know how I survived the NK. I also know there was only a single kill attempt (unless a second (or more) killer was roleblocked/redirected). Now we know it was flabort doing the kill.
What was you ability that allowed you to survive the NK?
[/quote]
The same auto that gave me miller status allowed me to survive one kill.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 65