Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72783 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16] [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #840 on: January 15, 2016, 09:00:07 pm »

To answer both of you yes I investigated Teneb last night and it came up mafia, he then claimed miller and he is my mafia candidate.  However there might be two millers and I have to check him again to see if he turns up town this night, as he said that since he claimed miller he is now a weaker non-miller town role.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 17, 2016, 01:56:56 am »

Clearing Deus's vote due to his forced replacement.

Votecount:
* TheDarkStar - fillipk {1}
* Persus13 - {0}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* H4zardZ1 - TheDarkStar {1}
* Tomasque - {0}
No Lynch - {0}

4 to hammer.

Not Voting: Persus13, Deus Asmoth, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque

Extension Requests: 0/4

Day 4 ends at 9:30 PM PST Sunday, January 17th, about 24 hours from now.  There are two extensions available.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 17, 2016, 01:13:15 pm »

I want to request extension till you get a replacement

Here are my results, laid out in an easy to read format

N1: Deus Asmoth-Mafia but claimed Miller day 1
N2: thedarkstar-Unknown was apparently protected
N3: Teneb-claimed Miller and said that he now has a weaker non-Miller role, will check again this night

We need more activity really, Tomasque who do you think is sk? Same question to you Hazard

Oh and I'm still waiting on the day kill claim.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 17, 2016, 02:43:51 pm »

The day has been extended: Persus accepted my offer of a courtesy extension.

Day 4 ends at 9:30 PM PST Monday, January 18th.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 17, 2016, 05:37:09 pm »

notquitethere has replaced Deus Asmoth!
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16]
« Reply #845 on: January 17, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »

Just reading now...

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 17, 2016, 07:07:25 pm »

Tomasque who do you think is sk?
Well, your deduction splits my suspicion into 2 categories: If you're telling the truth, and if you're not.

If you're telling the truth, then it comes down to something pretty simple. Most likely it's Hazard, since a SK would have to be given a powerful ability (such as a double-vote) to make up for him being a one-man team. Next is TheDarkStar, but since I have nothing for or against him, he's kinda in the middle. Last on the list is - you. If you were the SK, you'd lie, so if you're telling the truth, there's a low chance of you being SK. However, if you have an investigative ability, that might make you more likely to be the SK. Either way, Hazard is still at the top of the list and you and TDS are fairly low on it.

If you're not telling the truth, things get a lot more confusing. First, you could very well likely be the SK - but you could also be mafia, which means you're not the SK. Assuming you're lying about the investigations because you're mafia means that neither of the miller-claimers are mafia. Now here's the tricky part: If both of them are actual millers, that would be an extremely unlikely scenario - it just doesn't seem balanced. Now, that would mean that at least one of them has to be non-miller. The best bet? SK. But since the SK is your enemy, there's no reason why you'd be lying about mafia investigations - you'd want the SK lynched and you'd use you now-towniness to win the game. Even if you're lying about having an investigation ability in the first place, I don't see why you'd claim that both the millers - two very suspicious claims - both checked out as mafia. You wouldn't risk the SK to be disguising as one of them and seeing through your blatant lie. But what does that leave you with? Other than extremely unlikely scenarios - such as one of the millers being a non-miller townie  - that you'd never risk... nothing. If you're lying, that leaves no other possibility than you being SK.

If you see any problems in my argument, feel free to point them out to me. Nobody likes being accused of a crime they couldn't commit, and I won't bring it against you if you give me an argument that counters any of the points I made.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 17, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »

Ok, caught up. Persus is my pick for scum: Teneb's excuse is ridiculous. Too neat.

Unsorted thoughts:
Fillipk is telling the truth. TDS is never going to give up the hunt for an SK. Deus Asmoth was hero tier player. Hazard is OP but afraid to use vote. Scum killed Tiruin cause she's a double voter. Moon was killed for acting like an sk. Fallacy pointed out the two double voters. Tomasque panicked on N1, was not the killer. It was the cloud of bees that prevented the n1 mafia kill. What was the result of Salsa's extinction? Players are only alive now because they all lurked earlier.

More coherent stuff after I sleep. I am definitely a miller.

Persus: what is song name? Was Teneb lying?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 17, 2016, 09:57:22 pm »

The thing is someone has a day kill, we can guarantee an sk kill and I can invest the miller thing this night so we can be sure if teneb was lying.  that is why the person with a day kill has to get either TDS or Hazard and we can lynch the other if he gets it wrong.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 17, 2016, 10:20:56 pm »

The thing is someone has a day kill, we can guarantee an sk kill and I can invest the miller thing this night so we can be sure if teneb was lying.  that is why the person with a day kill has to get either TDS or Hazard and we can lynch the other if he gets it wrong.

Why do you assume that the daykill isn't one-shot? Also, why do you assume that Persus or NQT has it? I suspect that H4zardZ1 has it because no one else has claimed it and that it's one-shot because it hasn't been used since then.

If I'm reading this game right, H4zard is SK with Tomas as the unlikely second choice and NQT as mafia with Persus and fillipk as unlikely second choices.

Jack AT: Can you poke H4zardZ1 soon if he doesn't post by sometime tomorrow?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 17, 2016, 11:21:53 pm »

Jack AT: Can you poke H4zardZ1 soon if he doesn't post by sometime tomorrow?
TDS: I've poked H4zardZ1 with a pointy stick.  Or a PM.  Close enough.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 17, 2016, 11:30:44 pm »

Ok, caught up. Persus is my pick for scum: Teneb's excuse is ridiculous. Too neat.

Unsorted thoughts:
Fillipk is telling the truth. TDS is never going to give up the hunt for an SK. Deus Asmoth was hero tier player. Hazard is OP but afraid to use vote. Scum killed Tiruin cause she's a double voter. Moon was killed for acting like an sk. Fallacy pointed out the two double voters. Tomasque panicked on N1, was not the killer. It was the cloud of bees that prevented the n1 mafia kill. What was the result of Salsa's extinction? Players are only alive now because they all lurked earlier.

More coherent stuff after I sleep. I am definitely a miller.

Persus: what is song name? Was Teneb lying?
Ummn... not to sound offended or offending, but how did I panic night 1?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 18, 2016, 02:05:56 am »

Votecount:
* TheDarkStar - fillipk {1}
* Persus13 - notquitethere {1}
* fillipk - {0}
* notquitethere - {0}
* H4zardZ1 - TheDarkStar {1}
* Tomasque - {0}
No Lynch - {0}

4 to hammer.

Not Voting: Persus13, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque

Extension Requests: 0/4

Day 4 ends at 9:30 PM PST Monday, January 18th, about 23 hours from now.  There are two non-courtesy extensions available.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 18, 2016, 05:27:13 am »

Tomasque, you claimed to have fired off your one-shot protection ability on N1. Unless I misunderstood what you were claiming? Could you rephrase your earlier claim?

My own claim: Deus used a one-shot day kill to kill Flabort, probably believing Teneb to be town, targeted by a mafia Flabort as that's what Salsa and Teneb's powers indicated. Or maybe he thought he was an SK... I'm only aware of the action not the reasoning behind it. Wishing for another day kill is a deadend. What I found interesting on reading through is that Fallacy was desperately trying to encourage someone to day kill (Roo): trying to get town to increase the body count on a mafia-approved target. I'm pleased Deus was not so easily swayed.

TDS, why is going after a possible SK better than a certain mafia player? What makes you sure it's not a vig?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 18, 2016, 07:55:57 am »

Okay, somehow I missed this the first time round. Tawa was killed by a 3rd party. Deus's theory was that it could have been a deep play by Tawa's brother... but I'm not sure I'd buy that. So I can see how the SK theory gains traction.

The only thing I know for sure is that we're not on track to kill any kind of scum right now.

Everyone, why didn't you vote on D1? TDS why didn't you vote on D2? Hazard/Tomasque, why no D3 votes?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65