Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72790 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16]
« Reply #825 on: January 15, 2016, 10:27:29 am »

I had a power that prevented the target from being affected by any other powers that I used on TDS during N2. Hector decided to steal it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16]
« Reply #826 on: January 15, 2016, 10:36:41 am »

Deus Asmoth and Teneb are being forcibly replaced due to mod error.

I made a serious error in moderation, one that necessitates replacement to avoid compromising the game.  This is entirely my fault, and I apologize.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16] [2 REPLACEMENTS NEEDED]
« Reply #827 on: January 15, 2016, 10:59:26 am »

Well damm, if both millers are telling the truth then... I don't know.  It's mislynch and loose and I don't have any idea who is evil or not.  I thought it was Teneb but then he claimed Miller and I don't know, Thedarkstar has an alibi, Tomasque has a competent survivor claim, and I have no information on hazard. 

Let's math this out 3 town, 1 Mafia, 1 sk, and 1 survivor
At night two people die, unless some thing funny happens...

Wait someone has a day kill, oh town can still win this thing, day kill either hazard or the dark star, and if you get sk we can look at the Miller deboggle the next day. If you hit town we can lynch the other one.  And don't tell me it's a one shot.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 15, 2016, 11:42:12 am »

"No! I'm not finished yet! NNOOOOOO-" *A gag is promptly shoved into Old Man Fallacy's mouth*

So bah. It was a good game, and my first BYOR.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 15, 2016, 11:44:55 am »

Bah, I guess?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 15, 2016, 03:44:22 pm »

Persus13 has replaced Teneb!
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 15, 2016, 05:13:19 pm »

Well damm, if both millers are telling the truth then... I don't know.  It's mislynch and loose and I don't have any idea who is evil or not.  I thought it was Teneb but then he claimed Miller and I don't know, Thedarkstar has an alibi, Tomasque has a competent survivor claim, and I have no information on hazard. 

Let's math this out 3 town, 1 Mafia, 1 sk, and 1 survivor
At night two people die, unless some thing funny happens...

Wait someone has a day kill, oh town can still win this thing, day kill either hazard or the dark star, and if you get sk we can look at the Miller deboggle the next day. If you hit town we can lynch the other one.  And don't tell me it's a one shot.

Or Tomasque is the SK. Remember how the concerns have people have had over him?
And speaking of that, why aren't you on the list of people who could be daykilled?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 4: Ruh-roh [6/16] [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #832 on: January 15, 2016, 06:07:04 pm »

because I know I'm town and like I said before I feel tomasque is a survivor, but I'll walk through it.

If tomasque is a survivor that makes 4 third parties, flabort, Tiruin, Tomasque, and the sk.  With three mafia, 1 pro-town and 2 anti-town third parties, and 1 neutral that puts 9 town + ~1 allies vs 5 "bad people" and 1 neutral that's makes the game about 65% good and 35% scum

If tomasque is the sk that makes 3 third parties, with 3 mafia that puts the ratio at 11 vs 5, which is basically the same ratio 69% to 31%

To put it bluntly the difference hardly matters and with the amount of roleblocking powers that have flipped and been claimed the difference isn't that big of a deal.  Unvote

Thedarkstar
why do you bring up that the concerns other people had and not your own, in fact it looks like you are trying to get us to lynch Tomasque so we don't lynch you but your not expressing your concerns, like you know he is a survivor because you are the sk, hey if you are good job because I was reading you as town, but an sk that investigates as mafia makes no sense, and the survivor claim is well though out for someone newish to mafia, maybe if he was more experienced I might believe he is the sk but until then it is down to two choices, you or hazard, convince me its not you.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 15, 2016, 06:42:10 pm »

Wait, so my own inexperience saves me? I must say that's pretty funny.

Anyhow, I have a guess as to why Deus and Teneb are being replaced: Both of them were accidentally selected as miller. Or some other role that would benefit from claiming miller. But that's just a speculation, and without any way to get evidence, it shouldn't be overthought.

@fillipk: you make a good point with the miller thing: If Teneb came up as maf, he isn't the SK. However, I think you might have missed something. Deus only claimed Miller. Did you actually investigate him to confirm it?

@TDS: Why do you suspect me because of the arguments of mafia and thrid-party people who were only trying to get me lynched to succeed in their own wincon?

@persus13 What's your opinion on it all?

@Jack AT Were any roles changed due to the mistake?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 15, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »

Anyhow, I have a guess as to why Deus and Teneb are being replaced: Both of them were accidentally selected as miller. Or some other role that would benefit from claiming miller. But that's just a speculation, and without any way to get evidence, it shouldn't be overthought.
 @Jack AT Were any roles changed due to the mistake?
Tomasque: Your guess is incorrect, and no.  I would never forcibly replace anyone in order to rebalance their role.

Out of general caution, I am unwilling to say much about the cause of the replacements in the thread.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 15, 2016, 07:03:57 pm »

@fillipk: you make a good point with the miller thing: If Teneb came up as maf, he isn't the SK. However, I think you might have missed something. Deus only claimed Miller. Did you actually investigate him to confirm it?
Yes night one, I was curious about the claim and he turned up mafia

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 15, 2016, 07:12:51 pm »

... what. You are panicking as soon as the smallest amount of suspicion falls on you. Why? Also, why are you not worried about the mafia?

If you're wondering about my concerns, well here they are:

It's possibly LyLo right now. Why? Well, if we mislynch and the scum don't hit each other, then all the town are dead (assuming that Tomasque is telling the truth, which I also happen to believe - if not, town still loses, as I'll explain). If we don't lynch and the scum don't hit each other, or if we mislynch and Tomasque is the SK (which I don't think is true) then it's 1 town vs 1 maf vs 1 sk along with one town or one survivor. In that case, the town has also lost because one person gets lynched and then one member of the town is nightkilled.

If we don't lynch and one scum hits the other, then we are down to 3vs1 + survivor, and then the outcome decides on the survivor. If we mislynch and one scum hits the other, then it's 2vs1 + survivor which it also depends on the survivor.

So basically, we lose if both scum are alive tomorrow. Now, who do I think the scum are?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm town and I believe Tomasque. Right now, I believe Teneb/his replacement's role claim (didn't he get confirmed as a tracker yesterday?). So that leaves H4zardZ1, fillipk, and Deus Asmoth/his replacement.

Deus Asmoth has claimed miller and I doubt that there are two millers, leaving him as a likely candidate for the mafia. I'll question his replacement in detail when he gets one.

fillipk is a less likely candidate because he has claimed rolecop. However, I would like to know his results from nights 1 and 3.

H4zardZ1 is my SK candidate. He's done a large amount of active lurking and doesn't have an alibi. I'm voting for the SK rather than for the mafia because serial killers generally get stronger roles to balance out the whole mafia team, so removing him is more important.

PPE: fillipk: Do you think both millers are telling the truth? What was your investigation result last night?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 15, 2016, 07:14:55 pm »

... what. You are panicking as soon as the smallest amount of suspicion falls on you. Why? Also, why are you not worried about the mafia?

If you're wondering about my concerns, well here they are:

It's possibly LyLo right now. Why? Well, if we mislynch and the scum don't hit each other, then all the town are dead (assuming that Tomasque is telling the truth, which I also happen to believe - if not, town still loses, as I'll explain). If we don't lynch and the scum don't hit each other, or if we mislynch and Tomasque is the SK (which I don't think is true) then it's 1 town vs 1 maf vs 1 sk along with one town or one survivor. In that case, the town has also lost because one person gets lynched and then one member of the town is nightkilled.

If we don't lynch and one scum hits the other, then we are down to 3vs1 + survivor, and then the outcome decides on the survivor. If we mislynch and one scum hits the other, then it's 2vs1 + survivor which it also depends on the survivor.

So basically, we lose if both scum are alive tomorrow. Now, who do I think the scum are?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm town and I believe Tomasque. Right now, I believe Teneb/his replacement's role claim (didn't he get confirmed as a tracker yesterday?). So that leaves H4zardZ1, fillipk, and Deus Asmoth/his replacement.

Deus Asmoth has claimed miller and I doubt that there are two millers, leaving him as a likely candidate for the mafia. I'll question his replacement in detail when he gets one.

fillipk is a less likely candidate because he has claimed rolecop. However, I would like to know his results from nights 1 and 3.

H4zardZ1 is my SK candidate. He's done a large amount of active lurking and doesn't have an alibi. I'm voting for the SK rather than for the mafia because serial killers generally get stronger roles to balance out the whole mafia team, so removing him is more important.

PPE: fillipk: Do you think both millers are telling the truth? What was your investigation result last night?

EBWOP: While writing my post, I realized that fillipk wasn't as scummy as I thought when I wrong that first line.

fillipk: I'd still like to know why you have nothing about the mafia in your post and who your mafia suspect is.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 15, 2016, 07:16:09 pm »

Quickpost. Haven't read through the game yet except the few posts. I am a Miller, and it appears Teneb only claimed that today. Did Teneb get inspected by someone and show up Mafia, or did he just claim it out of the blue?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:57 pm »

EBWOP: Haven't read through the game yet except the last few posts.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 65