Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 73062 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #765 on: January 12, 2016, 08:54:30 pm »

...Wish we could have OSG explain himself.

Hazard:Why do you think OSG switched his vote to you?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 12, 2016, 08:56:41 pm »

Extend
I've been tracking how people act since D1 here (And it is VERY UGHGHy because the # of posts jump significantly when I'm asleep. YAY Timezones!). There's a distinct instance of scum-running I've been having a hypothesis on. Will post LATER because BAD NET and SCHEDULES and TIMEZONES. T_T

Tiruin.
Why so silent?
I'm curious as to why you're voting for a semi-lurker compared to all the other people you might actually get some conversation out of.
Ninjad by fillipk- dangit you, taking the words out of my mouth!
How am I a semi-lurker when I've not even been present to get online since my last post? -.-

On Day 3?
Honestly, I would like it, but wait to see what everybody else says.

Hey, to everybody: Do you know what an Arsonist is?

Tomasque: Welcome to the realm of "my pressure vote". Please, good sir, explain why you can't be an Arsonist, using a combination of post evidence from this thread, and role evidence, from your role.
...A pressure vote really doesn't have any impact when you call it a pressure vote out loud. This isn't tabletop gaming wheere I can shout POWER STRIKE at you and you get hit, bad. :P
But yeah.
What's with calling out your votes as pressure votes?

Teneb and Tiruin are both null reads due to general lack of activity, out of the two I trust Teneb slightly more the Turuin, but only slightly.
When you give reads, giving reasons when you state statements usually gives you a better idea of why you're giving your reads.
Please tell why there's a comparison here without reasoning behind that comparison?

Also, my reads

TBF one of the most scummy people here for reasons I described in my previous post, hasn't committed to anything and is mostly trying to save their own skin.
So what kind of scummy is this? "Hasn't committed to anything" "Trying to save their own skin".
Most probable conclusion you got there?

[7]
Tiruin.
Why so silent?
Why's there a number in brackets?
What's the purpose of your vote and the following question?

I'm slightly worried about FoU, or Tomasque.
Raisins please. As in, reasons. It'll generally help everyone involved in posts in brevity of this sort follows a continuum of reasoning--it up's the game for everyone involved and generally makes it more fun.

Tiruin:

What are your reads on people? How do you interpret OSG's votes?
Dis comes later ;_;
That said, I wonder why nobody has issued this query. [Query ahead because that was a question bugging me when I did a veryquicklyskimmy read up.]

Jack A T: At the time of death, did OSG have access to the Deadchat? [Is there a deadchat?] Did his role ability allow him access to the deadchat if there may be one?

Actually, TheBiggerFish. Have you role claimed yet, TBF? If not, why do you think not role claiming is a good/bad idea?
Tomasque also has less activity than TBF, and thus less to go on. And if Tomasque is a survivor... but that still wouldn't explain the mark thing. I'm calling arsonist.

I've...been seeing all these 'dude, claim' things flying around willy-nilly. And case in point, it's somewhat being used as a prerogative to issue a stance of speaking.
...Point in case,

TBF Your lack of dedication to anything you did this game still marks you as scum in my book. Why did you finish yesterday with no votes?
Over all others, DA, why is lack of dedication marking one out as scum? Overall, what's your basis of comparison to every other single individual along with that last sentence there?

So, Tomasque...
Why would you do that?
So later if it ever came to point where I'd have to roleclaim, I could claim my role and say: See! I claimed it day 2!
or if you're referring as to why I revealed that now: I did it because I felt that just saying "it must have been something suspicious I did" wouldn't cut it, so I said what I believed: It might have been something else suspicious, but it could have been that.
Yeah Tomasque that strikes me as a really untown thing to do, claim your full role and win conditions now.
  My role is The Lady and the Tiger (by They Might Be Giants).
 I am a survivor, and win if I'm alive when the game ends.

I have a one-shot auto ability called Stronger which revives me after death (I do not roleflip).
I have a one shot night ability called Laserbeams which kills me, makes all actions targeting me that night fail, and marks all those that targeted me.
I have a night ability called slash which marks my target (yes, it was me who did the marking. I used it on fillipk and TheDarkStar to get them active again, and my action failed on TheDarkStar).
Lastly, once I am killed and revived, I gain the day ability Roar, which prevents people from for the rest of the day.

"Prevents people from for the rest of the day."
From what?
Oops.. didn't finish the sentence: It prevents people from voting for me for the rest of the day.
Does the mark do anything, and if so what?
No. Nothing at all. I suspected it to be a filler ability - all roles, perhaps, have to have a night ability - and he didn't want to give me anything that good after the Stronger + Roar combo.

If you're wondering why I tried to act town - and tried to get inactive players to post, its because my alternatives were a) attempting to align with the scum team (both impossible and suicidal), or b) sit around like a sack of potatoes waiting for the game to end.]

Ninja'd: I caught that invisitext there, FoU.
Alternative (a) is 'both impossible and suicidal', why?
Alternative (b)... How does that make sense to you? How can you sit around and do nothing? :v
You have a NIGHT ability [which supposedly fills up your [1 night action per night] thing since there's no notice of 'free action'], which does nothing but say 'THIS DOOD IS MARKED', and all other actions are one-shot and tailored to survival.
...You are an intriguing fellow.
And considerably smelling very strange.

This is gonna be a long post I'll be making -.-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 12, 2016, 08:57:28 pm »

Jack can we have a prod on Tiruin please, I'm pretty sure it's been over 24 hours.
Tiruin has been prodded.

Doing votecount.
Why do these things happen within the span of a half hour. T_T
*is poked in PMs
Thanks @_@

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 12, 2016, 08:58:37 pm »

@Tiruin:I rolled for it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 12, 2016, 09:02:05 pm »

@Tiruin:I rolled for it.
...Do you mean you were rolling for someone to vote, and the list was like...?
* FallacyofUrist - {0}
* TheDarkStar - {0}
* Teneb - fillipk {1}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* TheBiggerFish - Deus Asmoth, fillipk, FallacyofUrist {3}
* Tiruin - {0} <<< Hi, I'm seven! :D
* H4zardZ1 - origamiscienceguy, TheDarkStar {2}
* Tomasque - {0}
How does that help you or anyone else here?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 12, 2016, 09:03:18 pm »

Jack A T: At the time of death, did OSG have access to the Deadchat? [Is there a deadchat?] Did his role ability allow him access to the deadchat if there may be one?
Tiruin: OSG had no deadchat access while he could vote.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 12, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »

@Tiruin:You're right, the "all roles must have a night ability" assertion thag Tomasque made is STRANGE.  As is the bit where the mark allegedly does ZIP ZERO ZILCH NADA NOPE NOTHING.  It makes no sense.

Also @Tiruin:It might make a scum very surprised, but I suppose it was mostly me caving to fillipk's pressure to vote someone.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 12, 2016, 09:09:38 pm »

How am I a semi-lurker when I've not even been present to get online since my last post? -.-

...A pressure vote really doesn't have any impact when you call it a pressure vote out loud. This isn't tabletop gaming wheere I can shout POWER STRIKE at you and you get hit, bad. :P
But yeah.
I wish you luck with making your giga-giga-post.
Now, that said-
I was wrong. If you're not posting at all, there's no "semi" to it. Whether or not I should call you a lurker depends on how much real life factors into that definition...
I call out my votes as pressure votes to distinguish them from more focused more scum hunting oriented votes, which I use when I think someone is significantly more likely to be scum than when I pressure vote...
~~~
TheBiggerFish: It's day 3. At this point, random voting isn't going to cut it.
- and you ninjad me with a non-random vote.
I appreciate that.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 12, 2016, 09:16:32 pm »

Tiruin: OSG had no deadchat access while he could vote.
Thanks. :D
Are all plays who can revive and/or can directly interact with the game post-death able to access the Deadchat?
Is it only when they cannot interact with the game, that they can access Deadchat?

@Tiruin:You're right, the "all roles must have a night ability" assertion thag Tomasque made is STRANGE.  As is the bit where the mark allegedly does ZIP ZERO ZILCH NADA NOPE NOTHING.  It makes no sense.

Also @Tiruin:It might make a scum very surprised, but I suppose it was mostly me caving to fillipk's pressure to vote someone.
I...think you could do with refining in a BM. While I like your directness and forwardness, you need to follow these things up with how it correlates to an end or conclusion. o_o Like 'it makes no sense [and then your reasoning on how your vote//notice = "something fishy I see"]

But yeah.
I wish you luck with making your giga-giga-post.
Now, that said-
I was wrong. If you're not posting at all, there's no "semi" to it. Whether or not I should call you a lurker depends on how much real life factors into that definition...
I call out my votes as pressure votes to distinguish them from more focused more scum hunting oriented votes, which I use when I think someone is significantly more likely to be scum than when I pressure vote...
~~~
TheBiggerFish: It's day 3. At this point, random voting isn't going to cut it.
- and you ninjad me with a non-random vote.
I appreciate that.
~~~
A lurker is someone who definitively follows the imagery of the word it means. Think "in the background" or "participating whilst being active in other places" instead of 'may not be present'. The idea of a 'lurker' always has the implication that they are present--but not posting.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 12, 2016, 09:22:47 pm »

Are all plays who can revive and/or can directly interact with the game post-death able to access the Deadchat?
Is it only when they cannot interact with the game, that they can access Deadchat?
Any non-medium player who can legally post non-"BAH I DED" content in scumchat or in the thread cannot access Deadchat.  Tawarochir cannot post in either, and thus has Deadchat access.  OSG can no longer post in either, and thus has Deadchat access.

Note: The wording of the mod-quoting rule has been altered for clarification, by Tiruin's suggestion.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 12, 2016, 10:11:15 pm »

First off, Jack I'm not a double voter. I'm voting TBF

@Tiruin I'm PFP and I hesitate to quote your huge post but nice to see you back.  Can you explain your comment about my reads more, I'm afraid I don't quite understand it.

@part 2 probably sk because if he was Mafia his scum partner would have helped him out by now with tips from the scum chat.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 12, 2016, 10:14:42 pm »

First off, Jack I'm not a double voter. I'm voting TBF
Fixed, and recounting votes.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 12, 2016, 10:30:22 pm »

Votecount:
* FallacyofUrist - {0}
* TheDarkStar - {0}
* Teneb - {0}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* TheBiggerFish - Deus Asmoth, fillipk, FallacyofUrist {3}
* Tiruin - {0}
* H4zardZ1 - origamiscienceguy, TheDarkStar {2}
* Tomasque - TheBiggerFish {1}
No Lynch - {0}

5 to hammer.

Not Voting: Teneb, Tiruin, Tiruin, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque

Extension requests: 1/5 (Tiruin)

Day 3 ends at 9:30 PM PST Wednesday, January 13th, about 26 hours from now.  There is one extension available.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 12, 2016, 10:38:26 pm »

@part 2 probably sk because if he was Mafia his scum partner would have helped him out by now with tips from the scum chat.

Unless his ally is newer and can't TBF. Or TBF is being bussed. However, the former is less likely (since most people know what they're doing here) and I highly doubt the latter because TBF is not panicking or doing anything else that would generally cause his ally to bus him. I'll take a look at TBF in more detail tomorrow.

Everyone voting for TBF: Why is TBF your top suspect?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 12, 2016, 10:49:23 pm »

Uh, guys...it's 5 to hammer, by the way :V
I think it's best if y'all don't get the votes to 3.

Unless his ally is newer and can't TBF. Or TBF is being bussed. However, the former is less likely (since most people know what they're doing here) and I highly doubt the latter because TBF is not panicking or doing anything else that would generally cause his ally to bus him. I'll take a look at TBF in more detail tomorrow.

Everyone voting for TBF: Why is TBF your top suspect?
PFP: TDS, what're your reads on everyone? That goes for Deus Asmoth, and Teneb too. I'm asking this because you three are the most familiar to me, and the others seem like newbies. (Meaning: I would like reads from everyone, but they gave their reads--and I didn't check for those who didn't inasfar as my skimming goes)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 65