Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 73033 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #750 on: January 12, 2016, 05:06:09 pm »

I'm slightly worried about FoU, or Tomasque.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 12, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »

H4zardZ1, what do you have to say about this?
Am i a lurker? Are i am even active on the forum when i am not posting? What else makes me scummy, if not the lurking thing?
You answer the first and third question, the answer of the second question is yep, right after the n2 ended but only a while.
Tomasque OSG's vote still makes you look really suspicious
Ok, so it looks like OSG believes Tomasque, or he at least believes Tomasque enough that he thinks H4zardZ1 is scummier.
TDS: Looks like you like to bandwagon with someone who can't say anything. Prove that you have anything else that bothers me as a scum.
Do i have to claim now?

OSG might not be able to say anything, but he is confirmed town. I might not be able to find out exactly what he's thinking, but his votes are something that I'm taking into account because I know something about his motivation - finding scum.

No, you don't need to claim if you don't want to. Why are you so worried about that?

What I want to know from you is your list of reads. Who do you think is scummy, who do you think is not scummy, and any other observations you see. So far, you haven't been very active and so I don't a good idea about what you think (and neither does anyone else).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2016, 06:26:15 pm »

EBWOP

TDS: Why has the entirety of your play today been following the votes of the dead guy?

Pressure voting to get those people to talk, mostly.

Also, extend because we're nowhere near a consensus and I want to see what some of the less-active people have to say.

Tiruin:

What are your reads on people? How do you interpret OSG's votes?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 12, 2016, 06:29:19 pm »

Hey I'm worried about Teneb/Tiruin.  Very few posts but at least Teneb has an explanation. So Unvote Extend

FoU: Using a person as a meatshield is like using a night kill on them that has a chance of failing, so that means you saw TBF as scum, yet you waited till near the end of the day to bring it up a case against them.  I see your point of view, I saw TBF as kind of scummy at the end of day 2 so I don't blame you, but you should have made a case against them right away.  Not to mention
Using someone as a meat shield is not night killing them. It is using them as a meat shield.

15 hours left?

Extend.

In my opinion, my using TBF as a meat shield... I was testing him somewhat.
... I see a standard town/survivor reaction "I kind of do mind.".

The difference is Tomasque has a role claim and TBF doesn't.

Actually, TheBiggerFish. Have you role claimed yet, TBF? If not, why do you think not role claiming is a good/bad idea?
Tomasque also has less activity than TBF, and thus less to go on. And if Tomasque is a survivor... but that still wouldn't explain the mark thing. I'm calling arsonist.

Testing them?  Why not just jail them like you said you could, that would prevent a night kill right.  There are at least 3 scum left so if TBF was a townie and had died.  It would have put us in the same position as we are right now. Hmm.  Unvote.. FoU that was a scummy move, but I can see why you did it so no actual vote.

TBF first off you never answered this:
TBF do you think hazard is scummy?  If not him then who do you view as the scummiest person in this game?

Second off commit to something.  Ending day 2 with no vote on salsa cookies just because there was no danger to you strikes as a newb scum scared of the vengeful kill.  On top of that you have been scared to commit to anything.  Well commit to something, because dancing around on the sidelines trying to blend in is a scum tell and right now you reek of it.

I'm slightly worried about FoU, or Tomasque.
Okay, so what are you going to do about it, because until you actually do something it looks like you are scum waiting for someone to get the town all riled up on someone who is not you.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 12, 2016, 06:39:56 pm »

Also, my reads

TBF one of the most scummy people here for reasons I described in my previous post, hasn't committed to anything and is mostly trying to save their own skin.
FoU another one of the scummy people here, based almost solely on his night action, it's not a strong case but deserves some looking into
Deus claimed Miller day 1 and for the most part has been acting town like so I see him as a slight town lean
Tomasque made a scummy move by invisibly claiming survivor and not telling us about it, however his claimed abilities make since for a survivor, slightly scummy but I have no problem with letting him live today.
Hazard is a double voter, which usually implies town but that is no reason not to suspect him.  OSG is suspicious of him, hasn't done much of anything and can be classified as lurking, neutral read.
TDS has been scumhunting kind of effectively, asking questions and such, I think he puts a little too much faith in a dead person's vote but maybe OSG knows something we don't, town lean
Teneb and Tiruin are both null reads due to general lack of activity, out of the two I trust Teneb slightly more the Turuin, but only slightly.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:41 pm »

Extend as well.
@fillipk:No, the reason I was not voting for Salsacookies at day end was because I DID NOT THINK HE WAS SCUM.
And it looks like I was right.
Did you read my posts?

Fine then.

[7]
Tiruin.
Why so silent?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 12, 2016, 06:53:30 pm »

And now you are picking on a lurker, that's not scumhunting its lurker fishing, do some actual scum hunting on people who are active, share some reads on the rest of the players, but when the day is almost done don't go picking on a lurker ask the mod for a prod,

Jack can we have a prod on Tiruin please, I'm pretty sure it's been over 24 hours.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »

1. Successful (n): accomplishing the desired aim or result. Successful in this case being your power actually doing what you intended it to do, i.e. prevent you getting night killed and killing TBF in the process. Claiming that your power did what you wanted because nobody targeted you in the first place is ridiculous.

2. Did you expect to get targeted by a night kill last night? If yes, then TBF must have been your strongest scum read at that point, otherwise you would have picked whoever actually was your strongest scum read, since you were assuming that your target would die. If no, why did you waste an extremely powerful one shot for no reason?

And as to your second statement/question... I'm trying to vary my tactics/targets a bit. Instead of targeting the same person every day. Like I tend to do.
3. If you answered 'yes' to 2, are you seriously going to tell me that you were abandoning any attempt to make a case on the person you were willing to kill (or force them to die in your place, since you seem to think those things are different) the previous night, just so you could try to make a case on someone that you don't even think is in the mafia? Why is it impossible for you to interrogate two people at the same time?
1. I can see your point there. Regardless, I'm not dead. The main reason I used that power was to keep me alive. And I didn't particularly mind sacrificing TBF for that, seeing as he was my strongest scum read at the time(and is now semi-tied with Tomasque).

2. I was worried I might get targeted by a night kill last night- I had the most complete claim, and a jailer is quite something of a pain to scum.  So yes, TBF was my strongest scum read at the time.

3. Why is it impossible for me to interrogate two people at the same time? It's not impossible, it's just... difficult. See my previous games. Multitasking is a pain for me.

Seeing as Tomasque isn't being particularly active right now, my vote is better served on TheBiggerFish.

Tiruin.
Why so silent?
I'm curious as to why you're voting for a semi-lurker compared to all the other people you might actually get some conversation out of.
Ninjad by fillipk- dangit you, taking the words out of my mouth!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 12, 2016, 07:00:13 pm »

Geez.  I rolled a die, guys.  He came up.  If you can't tell, I don't have very many reads at this point.
Unvote.
FoU:How is "Nobody targeted you" the same as "My ability worked"?
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 12, 2016, 07:02:14 pm »

Either way, it has the same result.
It's like buying an insurance policy.
~~~
Okay, please share what reads you do have.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 12, 2016, 07:54:23 pm »

Teneb: you were the only one voting Moonlit and now they are dead, how do you plead?

Also you had low activity day 2, is there a reason for that cause you only attacked moonlit, and then salsa for threatening his vengeful kill and then you disappeared.
You voted for Salacookies, and now he is dead? How do you plead?

I am town. Yes, I voted TMS, but I could've sticked with the much easier vote on Salsacookies, especially since I was either the first or one of the first when it came to voting him.

Moonlit made some strange statements with no prompting from anyone about SK powers, which led me to believe it to be a slip, rather than just a flounder. As for my initial vote on Salsa, it was because he kept saying "hey, maybe you shouldn't vote for me, cuz I'll kill someone!" It is okay to warn the first time. But not over and over.

Ok, so it looks like OSG believes Tomasque, or he at least believes Tomasque enough that he thinks H4zardZ1 is scummier.

Why are you jumping on the votewagon based solely on OSG's vote?

Extend

I wish I knew the dates of the tone of test I have to do this month (well, just one this month (tomorrow), but I got one each in 1st, 2nd and 3rd of February) before this game started...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 12, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »

Innocent, he was threatening everyone else if they lynches him which isn't a town thing to do.  He was also the person I found most suspicious that day besides thebiggerfish but I'm pushing them today.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 12, 2016, 08:36:46 pm »

Why are you jumping on the votewagon based solely on OSG's vote?

It was still fairly early in the Day when I voyed and it forces H4zard to interact. I'm currently waiting for his response to my most recent questions.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 12, 2016, 08:39:01 pm »

Jack can we have a prod on Tiruin please, I'm pretty sure it's been over 24 hours.
Tiruin has been prodded.

Doing votecount.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 12, 2016, 08:43:38 pm »

Votecount:
* FallacyofUrist - {0}
* TheDarkStar - {0}
* Teneb - {0}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* TheBiggerFish - Deus Asmoth, fillipk, FallacyofUrist {3}
* Tiruin - {0}
* H4zardZ1 - origamiscienceguy, TheDarkStar {2}
* Tomasque - {0}
No Lynch - {0}

5 to hammer.

Not Voting: Teneb, Tiruin, Tiruin, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque, TheBiggerFish

Extension Requests: 6/5 (Deus Asmoth, FallacyofUrist, TheDarkStar, TheBiggerFish, Teneb)

The day has been extended!

Day 3 ends at 9:30 PM PST Wednesday, January 13th, about 28 hours from now.  There is one extension available.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:14:20 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 65