Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 73040 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #735 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:07 pm »

A question to clear up some confusion I have: Why do people softclaim? If they do it just to say, "I claimed that way before you," wouldn't it be better to claim in invisitext like I did? Obviously, if they did, people would do that in invisitext instead, which is why I'm so confused.  ???
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 12, 2016, 01:17:08 am »

Votecount:
* FallacyofUrist - {0}
* TheDarkStar - {0}
* Teneb - fillipk {1}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* TheBiggerFish - {0}
* Tiruin - {0}
* H4zardZ1 - origamiscienceguy, TheDarkStar {2}
* Tomasque - {0}
No Lynch - {0}

5 to hammer.

Not Voting: FallacyofUrist, Teneb, Deus Asmoth, TheBiggerFish, Tiruin, Tiruin, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque

Extension Requests: 0/5

Day 3 ends at 9:30 PM PST Tuesday, January 12th, about 24 hours from now.  There are two extensions available.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 12, 2016, 04:17:05 am »

H4zardZ1, what do you have to say about this?
Am i a lurker? Are i am even active on the forum when i am not posting? What else makes me scummy, if not the lurking thing?
You answer the first and third question, the answer of the second question is yep, right after the n2 ended but only a while.
Tomasque OSG's vote still makes you look really suspicious
Ok, so it looks like OSG believes Tomasque, or he at least believes Tomasque enough that he thinks H4zardZ1 is scummier.
TDS: Looks like you like to bandwagon with someone who can't say anything. Prove that you have anything else that bothers me as a scum.
Do i have to claim now?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 12, 2016, 09:27:03 am »

On Day 3?
Honestly, I would like it, but wait to see what everybody else says.

Hey, to everybody: Do you know what an Arsonist is?

Tomasque: Welcome to the realm of "my pressure vote". Please, good sir, explain why you can't be an Arsonist, using a combination of post evidence from this thread, and role evidence, from your role.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 12, 2016, 11:38:08 am »

Apologies for the lack of post since the day started, but I am studying for a test tomorrow. I'll do an actual post later today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 12, 2016, 12:32:48 pm »

@FoU

Mod: am i still marked?
fillipk: You were not marked N2.
This alone should probably convince you. Jack clearly implies that marks only last for one day, making them nigh-useless to an arsonist. However, if you're still not convinced that this is what he means, this will clear things up.

Jack AT:
How long do marks last? Is the very mark that was put on fillipk still on him?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 12, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »

Jack AT: How long do marks last? Is the very mark that was put on fillipk still on him?
Tomasque:
*Mark length: That would depend on the nature of the power causing the mark.
*Is the mark from N1/D2 still there: fillipk was marked at the start of D2.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 12, 2016, 01:17:25 pm »

Extend

FoU Yes, I know what an arsonist is. Why are you 'pressure voting' for someone with ~15 hours left in the day when you're suspicious enough of someone to effectively night kill them?

TBF Your lack of dedication to anything you did this game still marks you as scum in my book. Why did you finish yesterday with no votes?

TDS: Why has the entirety of your play today been following the votes of the dead guy?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 12, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »

Using someone as a meat shield is not night killing them. It is using them as a meat shield.

15 hours left?

Extend.

In my opinion, my using TBF as a meat shield... I was testing him somewhat.
... I see a standard town/survivor reaction "I kind of do mind.".

The difference is Tomasque has a role claim and TBF doesn't.

Actually, TheBiggerFish. Have you role claimed yet, TBF? If not, why do you think not role claiming is a good/bad idea?
Tomasque also has less activity than TBF, and thus less to go on. And if Tomasque is a survivor... but that still wouldn't explain the mark thing. I'm calling arsonist.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 12, 2016, 03:00:57 pm »

@Deus:
Because I was sure it WASN'T Salsacookies, but had no other suspicions.

@FoU:I have not.  I think that roleclaiming pins targets on you, for both sides.  However, if one has no other defense, it's an option.
I could claim.
I don't particularly want to, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 12, 2016, 03:52:45 pm »

FOU:
Using someone as a meat shield is not night killing them. It is using them as a meat shield.
If successful, your power would have resulted in TBF being killed. You felt there was a reasonable chance of your power being successful. Ergo, you were effectively night killing him. What's more concerning is that you didn't do anything to pursue your case on the person you were willing to have killed yesterday until just now?

TBF:
@Deus:
Because I was sure it WASN'T Salsacookies, but had no other suspicions.
You were sure it wasn't Salsa, but you had no problem voting for him when it saved your own skin? Ok.

Have you got any suspicions now? Have you pursued a case on anyone this game besides roo?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 12, 2016, 03:54:22 pm »

@Deus:Well I didn't want to get killed either.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 12, 2016, 04:27:42 pm »

Hmm... Jack handled that pretty well. He answered my questions in a completely neutral way, and as much as I applaud that, it means I'll have to prove my innocence another way.
Money!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 12, 2016, 04:41:01 pm »

FOU:
If successful, your power would have resulted in TBF being killed. You felt there was a reasonable chance of your power being successful. Ergo, you were effectively night killing him. What's more concerning is that you didn't do anything to pursue your case on the person you were willing to have killed yesterday until just now?
Define successful, good sir. If I wasn't hit with a kill, I wouldn't die. If I was hit by a kill, TBF would die instead of me. In either case, I don't die.
And as to your second statement/question... I'm trying to vary my tactics/targets a bit. Instead of targeting the same person every day. Like I tend to do.
~~~
Hmm... Jack handled that pretty well. He answered my questions in a completely neutral way, and as much as I applaud that, it means I'll have to prove my innocence another way.
Explain.
~~~
Tiruin, H4zardZ1, fillipk, Teneb, TheDarkStar: Post more.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 12, 2016, 05:04:30 pm »

FOU:
Define successful, good sir. If I wasn't hit with a kill, I wouldn't die. If I was hit by a kill, TBF would die instead of me. In either case, I don't die.
1. Successful (n): accomplishing the desired aim or result. Successful in this case being your power actually doing what you intended it to do, i.e. prevent you getting night killed and killing TBF in the process. Claiming that your power did what you wanted because nobody targeted you in the first place is ridiculous.

2. Did you expect to get targeted by a night kill last night? If yes, then TBF must have been your strongest scum read at that point, otherwise you would have picked whoever actually was your strongest scum read, since you were assuming that your target would die. If no, why did you waste an extremely powerful one shot for no reason?

And as to your second statement/question... I'm trying to vary my tactics/targets a bit. Instead of targeting the same person every day. Like I tend to do.
3. If you answered 'yes' to 2, are you seriously going to tell me that you were abandoning any attempt to make a case on the person you were willing to kill (or force them to die in your place, since you seem to think those things are different) the previous night, just so you could try to make a case on someone that you don't even think is in the mafia? Why is it impossible for you to interrogate two people at the same time?

TBF:
@Deus:Well I didn't want to get killed either.
There are two things I have to say in response to this. The first is that this does nothing to make you even slightly less scummy in my eyes, and I doubt you thought it would. The second is: remember how you really wanted roo to answer the questions you were asking him on day 1?
Have you got any suspicions now? Have you pursued a case on anyone this game besides roo?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 65