Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 73011 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Family Resemblance [13/16]
« Reply #570 on: January 07, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »

Possibly.
hector:If you had a one-shot role flip, who would you use it on?

Prob'ly you.
Oooh... burned.

Anyway, just remember that Deus claimed miller, so if anyone has no idea where to start scumhunting, you could start there.
nevermind, I'll do it myself.

Also a good way to find something you can latch onto to begin scumhunting is by reading all their posts using the lurkertracker. It might be really obvious, but if it isn't, it can make your life a whole lot easier.

ninja'd
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 07, 2016, 05:08:57 pm »

...Right.  Not unexpected.
If you couldn't pick me, who?

What do you gain by knowing who I suspect?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 07, 2016, 05:10:52 pm »

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 07, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Better questions would figure out intent (why, how)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 07, 2016, 05:20:30 pm »

I do have another question for you, though.  What do you gain from not telling me who you suspect?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 07, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

I do have another question for you, though.  What do you gain from not telling me who you suspect?

Keeping the game from stalemate. It's clear who I suspect by reading my last few posts. Why do you want to keep the game is stalemate by asking questions you can figure out the answers to without looking like an active lurker?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 07, 2016, 05:26:16 pm »

Because I don't have any decent reads, myself.
Why do you think that me asking for your other reads is me angling to make a stalemate?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 07, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »

As I said, how does knowing my reads help you? Do you think I'm town? Why, whichever way?

If you don't have any reads, do what Tomasque said: pick someone and read their posts. Try to figure out if what they're saying or doing is town or scum motivated (a basic thing about mafia is the lack of information for town, so scum want to maintain that, generally. Also why I'm riding you so hard about it :P) and if you can't, ask them about their play (as I said, how's and whys likely get better responses in terms of more info, but always always think about the player's intent!)

Also, I'm still bothered by OSG. Mafia is a game is a game of action, so your apology about tunneling roo is a bit nonsense if you're not scum hunting to make up for it.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 07, 2016, 06:12:09 pm »

Why do you think that me asking for your other reads is me angling to make a stalemate?
Personally I think this means that you think he is town and are trying to copy him, which I don't blame you for, but your not going to get that out of hector yet, its still too early in the game for a complete list of reads, read back through day 1 and look through the posts for anything suspicious, quote it and ask about it, best way to play as town and as scum, at least right now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 07, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »

EBWOP

OSG, that were meant to be.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 07, 2016, 07:52:49 pm »

Personally I think this means that you think he is town and are trying to copy him, which I don't blame you for, but your not going to get that out of hector yet, its still too early in the game for a complete list of reads, read back through day 1 and look through the posts for anything suspicious, quote it and ask about it, best way to play as town and as scum, at least right now.
The last bit is basically what Tomasque said, according to hector. Copying to look like town, or confirming? He didn't mention Tomasque, tho that post was right above his, so I'd say copying. filipk

Do you find copying what someone says scummy? How does it compare to independently having the same idea?

Also, why no vote?

Used my night action to FoU. Not gonna say what is it through.
FoU: 1. No, not that, but the question you asked to flabort and asking for suspiciousness from others.
2. Not that much, except for more power at lynch and scumhunting.
Huh. You're going to vote me just for that.
"Just for that"? I ignored roo from my list, and that is more as a pressure and random vote. If i want to truly lynch you, i will use both my vote.

Enough, i'll go back to other things.

TDS, TDS: Need more activity.

Ok. Why me instead of other less-active people?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:28 pm »

It's D2 and you're still alive :P

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 07, 2016, 09:00:16 pm »

The last bit is basically what Tomasque said, according to hector. Copying to look like town, or confirming? He didn't mention Tomasque, tho that post was right above his, so I'd say copying. filipk
Tomasque said that? Anyway this is advice to a new player, same advice that was given to me, anyway even if I was scum I wouldn't want to win because my opponents were noobs, there's no satisfaction in that.  Same to winning against new scum.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 07, 2016, 09:43:06 pm »

Tomasque said that? Anyway this is advice to a new player, same advice that was given to me, anyway even if I was scum I wouldn't want to win because my opponents were noobs, there's no satisfaction in that.  Same to winning against new scum.

But how would you know that the new players are scum? Why would you give them a free pass at the expense of everyone else on your team?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 07, 2016, 09:49:11 pm »

Something's occurred to me.
A full massclaim this early might not be the best idea, but if we all claim our songs? It won't reveal too much about the town's roles, and it'll make the scum have to do more work on their fake claims, yeh?
Plus it might help identify scum based on reactions and reluctance and whatnot.

I already claimed my song- Shop Vac, by Johnathan Coulton. Who wants to be next?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 65