Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72861 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Family Resemblance [13/16]
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2016, 05:00:30 pm »

I'm focusing on Day 2 for this post, if there is anything from Day 1 you want me to respond to, just point it out to me.

So now we know that there are third party in this game.
It might've been a town kill too, since flabort claimed to have targeted me.

Teneb: how are you not currently dead?
I survived, of course. The only thing that can stop a kill is protection (not counting roleblock, mind you, since it would not lead to this situation).

Flabort did admit to be the one attempting the kill on me, and was revealed to be third-party, so I have no idea what happened with the mafiakill.

Salsacookies
Simple. I die, I take someone out with me.
Why are you using this as a threat? As a deterrent, if you will?

I'd also advise to not try to devour me. I have to kill somebody if I die.
Again with the deterrence. Why keep stressing this?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2016, 05:02:27 pm »

Yeah, "what happened to the Mafiakill" is a big question.  I know I didn't block it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 06, 2016, 05:03:03 pm »

Also, I don't feel like Salsacookis is scum, but then again I thought Tawarochir wasn't scum either.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 06, 2016, 05:14:55 pm »

The Moonlit Shadow: Please do not edit in Mafia.  Feel free to doublepost if you have more to add after a post, though.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2016, 05:17:14 pm »

Flabort still could've won... so yeah. Actually, this was a good daykill since Flabort's goal is to help the mafia win. But the mafia don't know that Flabort was on their side... or, they didn't know - they do now. I wonder if Tawa knew... Anyone with a daykill could've done it. But still, we're lucky.

EDIT: And if Flabort attempted a daykill on Teneb, that means he suspects that Teneb is not mafia.
First, it was a nightkill. Second, he can still win; his wincon does not require being alive, just Tawa winning (and he wins with the rest of the mafia). Finally, how does the first paragraph in the quote contributes to anything? All you said was "the daykill was good because the mafia didn't know until they knew except maybe one of them maybe knew, but who knows who fired the kill" and that has... zero relevance in finding scum.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 06, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »

@Teneb:Still doesn't explain how you survived the first NK though.  And I know it wasn't me.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Disbarred, Dismembered, Close Enough [14/16]
« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2016, 05:19:19 pm »

Thoughts on that mark thing: it's possible that there's an arsonist, though their targets aren't normally public knowledge I think. Could be a Death Note type of thing, I guess, though that'd be private as well.

FoU Considering how fast you were to accuse people of chainsaw defending roo when they didn't agree with you about him being scum, I think it's fair for me to be suspicious of you for your massive tunneling on him.

I think he was referring to the original chainsaw defense, the one where a mafia claims a miller-like role to hide himself, in response to roo believing you to be town due to your miller claim.

I had a lot of reading to do, which is why I didn't post much. You guys posted fast!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 06, 2016, 05:23:31 pm »

... um...
well. Someone had a day kill and didn't use it on roo.
I am a little cranky about that, but I can see why they wouldn't want to waste it on someone who was going to be lynched anyway.

I also have some reading to do.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 06, 2016, 05:26:14 pm »

@Teneb:Still doesn't explain how you survived the first NK though.  And I know it wasn't me.
I know how I survived the NK. I also know there was only a single kill attempt (unless a second (or more) killer was roleblocked/redirected). Now we know it was flabort doing the kill.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2016, 05:28:42 pm »

flabort's role required that Tawarochir win; obviously if he's dead, he can't win.
hector13: Anyone who achieves their wincon, alive or dead, wins.
ah missed that, sorry.

Never mind then.

PPE: Why do you want to know if I have a daykill, fillipk? As an addendum, how do you know I'll be honest about it?

TBF: Fair analysis. Unvote.

OSG, since I'm still displeased at the manner in which he was pushing roo.
Mostly because you were so sure it was a suicide and that other people should see it as a suicide which it wasn't.

... that came from me making an erroneous assumption about the role/alignment. I didn't say other people should see it as a suicide, kind of implied by me saying "I might be wrong", aye?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 06, 2016, 05:29:20 pm »

EBWOP

above quote +

Ah I missed that sorry
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 06, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »

So if Salsa can be trusted, that means Mafia was either blocked or didnt nightkill. Anyone wanna claim this?
Don't forget about the possibility of a protection.
And for your information... I may have had something to do with the blocking/protecting.
I'm saying "may" because I don't know if my action is what prevented the mafiakill. It certainly had the possibility to do so, but there are still many other possibilities.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 06, 2016, 05:40:50 pm »

Thoughts on that mark thing: it's possible that there's an arsonist, though their targets aren't normally public knowledge I think. Could be a Death Note type of thing, I guess, though that'd be private as well.

FoU Considering how fast you were to accuse people of chainsaw defending roo when they didn't agree with you about him being scum, I think it's fair for me to be suspicious of you for your massive tunneling on him.

I think he was referring to the original chainsaw defense, the one where a mafia claims a miller-like role to hide himself, in response to roo believing you to be town due to your miller claim.

I had a lot of reading to do, which is why I didn't post much. You guys posted fast!

No, he wasn't.

PPE: Moonlit, you seem to be going on the assumption that the Brother role knows what alignment their "sibling" is, and also that the sibling knows that... I've never come across the role on B12 (or anywhere else) before, so... is that the case, anyone?

PPE2: are you claiming to have protected Teneb, FoU? If so, why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2016, 05:44:42 pm »

Yeah, "what happened to the Mafiakill" is a big question.  I know I didn't block it.
... did you slip there, TBF? It sounds slightly like you're a role blocker.
~~~
No, I didn't protect Teneb. Whatever prevented him from getting munched is something else, I believe.
But I did interfere with another player's action, which could have been the reason we didn't get a mafiakill(unless a redirect of the mafiakill to Tawa is what happened).

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 06, 2016, 05:47:07 pm »

@FoU:No, not quite.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65