Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72906 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Family Resemblance [13/16]
« Reply #450 on: January 06, 2016, 03:40:38 pm »

Bah. Screw you, salsa. :P I wasn't done talking, I was just PFP. Goodn8ght, yall!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 06, 2016, 03:44:05 pm »

That was...Unexpected.

So somebody has a daykill.  And they didn't use it on roo.
I am somewhat worried that it's in the hands of people whose hands we don't want it in...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 06, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »

That was...Unexpected.

So somebody has a daykill.  And they didn't use it on roo.
I am somewhat worried that it's in the hands of people whose hands we don't want it in...

I'm sorry, you want people with the daykill to target townies?

Fair enough.

Unvote

TBF
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 06, 2016, 03:50:57 pm »

Hector, roo was extremely scummy and they even SAID THEY WERE SCUM.  If that wasn't the time to bring out a daykill and not waste a lynch, well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 06, 2016, 03:55:25 pm »

Hector, roo was extremely scummy and they even SAID THEY WERE SCUM.  If that wasn't the time to bring out a daykill and not waste a lynch, well.

Roo wasn't extremely scummy, roo was being roo. We had three experienced players toward the end of D1 on that wagon, one of whom was scum, one of whom was a third-party ally of that player, and the sole remaining one should know better. (tawa, flabort and OSG respectively, if I need to tell you)

I think roo just got sick of being a distraction and you guys banging your head against the wall that he just gave up. Sometimes I wonder why roo gets accepted into games... but that's a discussion for somewhere else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2016, 03:57:19 pm »

Well, okay, but still, they said they were scum.  That's a perfect scenario in which to daykill someone.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2016, 04:00:15 pm »

Well, okay, but still, they said they were scum.  That's a perfect scenario in which to daykill someone.

I think it was a suicide. flabort's role required that Tawarochir win; obviously if he's dead, he can't win. Or I might be wrong, but that seems more likely than a daykill to me.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »

flabort's role required that Tawarochir win; obviously if he's dead, he can't win.
hector13: Anyone who achieves their wincon, alive or dead, wins.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2016, 04:04:46 pm »

I think it was a suicide. flabort's role required that Tawarochir win; obviously if he's dead, he can't win. Or I might be wrong, but that seems more likely than a daykill to me.
hector do you have a day kill? 

Salsa how often can you use extinct?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »

...That makes sense.  But the fluffed manner of death doesn't.  It implies an external agency.

So I still feel rather worried that the Mafia, or a third party, might have a daykill.

They presumably would want the lynch on roo to proceed, especially if Mafia, instead of using the daykill to allow Town to potentially find someone else before first night and a presumable guaranteed town death.

And the GM said the fluff wouldn't have an effect on the game.
Sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2016, 04:05:52 pm »

One per cycle. I'm spent for the day and for tonight.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2016, 04:08:26 pm »

flabort's role required that Tawarochir win; obviously if he's dead, he can't win.

Never mind then.

PPE: Why do you want to know if I have a daykill, fillipk? As an addendum, how do you know I'll be honest about it?

TBF: Fair analysis. Unvote.

OSG, since I'm still displeased at the manner in which he was pushing roo.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2016, 04:09:30 pm »

It appears everybody is mad at me for the roo thing. In hindsight I think I have held on to prejudices against roo from previous games and bought them into this one. Hector is right that I should have ignored him and I'm sorry that my past grievences with roo from other games has affected this game.

Unvote
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 06, 2016, 04:27:15 pm »

Never mind then.

PPE: Why do you want to know if I have a daykill, fillipk? As an addendum, how do you know I'll be honest about it?

Mostly because you were so sure it was a suicide and that other people should see it as a suicide which it wasn't.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2016, 04:34:40 pm »

Never mind then.

Mostly because you were so sure it was a suicide and that other people should see it as a suicide which it wasn't.

... that came from me making an erroneous assumption about the role/alignment. I didn't say other people should see it as a suicide, kind of implied by me saying "I might be wrong", aye?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 65