Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72941 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:09 pm »

Everyone: I've received several questions about the codes at the start of each power [(n), etc.].  If you are having trouble figuring out what they mean, there is a basic guide available in the OP, inside the 'Role rules' spoiler.  You may find it useful.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »

@roo: If I hadn't already, I would definitely be voting you now.
A player that DOESN'T WANT MORE INTERACTION to solidify or disprove a COMPLETELY RANDOM ACCUSATION.
And amazingly enough, you do suck.  You have no explanation and no evidence, and no desire to actively confirm or disprove.  That's far more scummy than me voting for you because you made a pronouncement that's phrased as an absolute FACT without providing evidence or RVS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2016, 12:16:46 pm »

Deflection and evasion tbf needs more cotes after that.
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2016, 12:18:59 pm »

flabsy baby

How much of this goes toward the class grade..?
25% of your grade for this grading period depends on this essay.

I'd rather just give you two words, instead of the >=1000/5000. One of those words is "off" :P I'll make up the 75% and - if you're not using silly American grading curves - still get a pretty rad A grade.

How do you pronounce your screen-name byraway? Is the "t" silent?

Tiruin

Hector
Fallacy of Urist, for good measure. Cheeky mare...

PPE: perhaps not. Vote stands anyway. What sort of third-party roles are you expecting in this game, FoU? What are your thoughts on DA's claim?
This seems subtly worded. You say third-party after FoU's post towards him?
It comes off as pointy. o_o Like there's something behind your thoughts.

Well... what do you mean by pointy, and what makes it come across that way?

The question was just a kinda stock RVS question, for me. It didn't initially have anything behind it, but when I asked it I realised it could have.

The manner in which FoU answered could mean that he just didn't pay attention, which seems unlikely given he noticed the double-voters, though I'm not sure, as yet, if that's important. Not really sure where to take it from here either though :))

OSG

roo for his nonsensical play even after countless games of people telling him what he's doing wrong.

The thing about roo is he isn't playing "wrong" as such, just different to what we expect on B12. It's a pain to have a hypocritical, contrarian ass in the game, but oh well.

One thing I remember him saying a while back (I believe the first game I played with him) was that the reaction test was as good as any other. His play forces people to react (TBF, for example) because it seems - at least on the surface - to be quite mad. It does get him lynched, a lot, but whenever I've seen it, it usually gives us something to get us out RVS, which is only a good thing in my eyes.

PPE: Though then he says things like "I'm not talking to you" instead of pressing it so... hm. It's maddening trying to pin down whether he's actually quite good or actually quite bad.

I'm gonna FoS BiggerFish just now. Don't want to move my vote just yet, but I guess his super-defensiveness is interesting right now anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:50 pm »

Currently quite good as I've been winning. Quite bad happens when I start losing.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2016, 12:27:26 pm »

Currently quite good as I've been winning. Quite bad happens when I start losing.
Well what is your wincon, then, hm?  You seem to have goals here that we don't know about.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2016, 12:30:12 pm »

Well what is your wincon, then, hm?  You seem to have goals here that we don't know about.

... everyone has goals you don't know about.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2016, 12:30:45 pm »

I've stated my goal quite clewrly imo. To get you lynched. My wincon is to kill all anti-town factions.

And @hector I was right that first game too about you being scum. I tried to appease and died for it. Feelsbadman.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2016, 12:32:27 pm »

I've stated my goal quite clewrly imo. To get you lynched. My wincon is to kill all anti-town factions.
But how are you so sure I'm IN an anti-town faction?
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2016, 12:33:05 pm »

Th phrasing implies more than one faction, I'm not to wrried about that. Jack had like 20 factions in there (5 iirc) I doubt it is that many. We just focus on lynching scum. We'll win.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2016, 12:34:59 pm »

You didn't answer my question.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »

@hector you reply to osg in a manner that suggests you think henis town is this fair to say? Or are you simply correcting him? Is his vote fair/justified/well thiught out? I've played with osg for awhile. His vote pinged me as did his explanation.
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2016, 01:15:30 pm »

@hector you reply to osg in a manner that suggests you think henis town is this fair to say? Or are you simply correcting him? Is his vote fair/justified/well thiught out? I've played with osg for awhile. His vote pinged me as did his explanation.

I've made no judgments regarding alignments just yet, but I s'pose I agree with you that his vote is because of your meta rather than your scumminess. Not a good thing, to be sure. You are, apparently, the perennial easy lynch.

Your play may not make sense to him (probably compounded by the fact you basically play the game like a maverick and have said as much so far) but that doesn't make it wrong or bad, and obviously not inherently scummy, since I've seen it from you when you're town and scum. It should really be a null tell at this point, though I can understand to some extent why it isn't.

This is, of course, not to say that your play so far can be excused. Your refusal to talk through your logic in what is inherently a team game is... mind-boggling, particularly when you've demanded explanations from Tiruin and OSG so far. I think I'm beginning to understand to some extent what it is you do, so I'm less inclined to view it in a bad light this early in the game. This could be because I've seen you do this particular thing before...

Unfortunately for OSG, hypocrisy, as I've been told, is not a scum-tell. Perhaps he warrants keeping an eye on, too.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2016, 01:28:32 pm »

Roo: If you don't explain why you are voting for someone, don't expect us to see why we should vote for that person too. I'm not voting for you because this isn't unusual playing from you, but I would like some more explanations.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2016, 01:30:32 pm »

@tds I already that is fine in several posts. You can trust me or go your own path Inhave no problem with that. I'm pointing out what I'm seeing that is all.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 65