Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72788 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2016, 01:44:54 am »

@flabort

Perhaps he could be a bomb, but this kind of tactic wouldn't benefit a bomb as much as it would benefit mafia who affected all their visitors. Think about it: No mafia would kill someone who was making themselves look suspicious enough to (possibly) be lynched - it would be a waste of a night-kill. But a mafia that identified, investigated, or harmed his visitors would definitely have a investigator visiting him, right? Even with that said, the chances he said that to make a role ability come into play are low, but if he did, I'd bet my money on it being a mafia role.

With humility, I say: If there are errors in my judgement, please point them out to me. I have not played many bay12mafia games, and any moment is a learning moment for me. I hope this didn't make me sound like a noob :P

@roo

Speaking of learning moments:
I've read over the contents of this topic, and although I understand how you came to most of your conclusions, I still don't see how you came to the conclusion that hector is leaning town, or how TheBiggerFish is most definitely scum. Don't take this as an interrogation - it's not. I just want to learn how to scumhunt better.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2016, 02:01:04 am »

Good for you tomasque. I am no teacher though. I won't explain my reads as I don't have too explain them. I will simply tell you what I see in order to better understand everyone by guaging their reactions. My reads develop as the game develops.

If you want a hint looking at the first page consider people motivations.

What do scum want to do? Answer: blend in.

What do town want to do? Answer: find scum.

I'll help you as best I can tomasque. Don't expect me to say why a post is scum motivated. If you do not know it is fairly clear you can't comprehend motivation. Do not expect me to say why x phrase in post 346922 was scum motivated is all I am saying. If you want to discuss someone with me by all means feel free. I'll answer what I want to I only ask you continue until you reach a conclusion. And move onto the next person.
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2016, 03:00:43 am »

Woo, first post of mine and I'm days late! :)

First of all, I'd like to address multiple things:
Not Voting: origamiscienceguy, FallacyofUrist, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Tawarochir, roo, Teneb, fillipk, Deus Asmoth, flabort, TheBiggerFish, Tiruin, Tiruin, The Moonlit Shadow, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque, Salsacookies
I have two votes.

Next:
I see many people seemingly being new or erratic with their playstyles--I'm playing with a logical approach here, so I'm going to call you guys out (and since I see some people having their first game as this one...am warning ahead that behavior and your personal process of interaction will be treated in the context of Winconditions [meaning people will be going against you or with you in many certain ways--do not take it personally if any emotions flare up])

Many people won't be explaining the motive behind their actions--but most are towards explaining their actions. Mafia is a game of reasoning, modified by one's personal winconditions. It is a game where communication can be really improved {Because words are vessels of meaning and concept}--how you begin asking and interacting with questions, either openly or closed-endedly [Why/What-types vs Yes/No, respectively].

Mafia games sometimes follow a theme for more dynamism. While talking about songs is really nice and all--the core concept is still the winconditions and mechanics of Mafia. :P Please move questions towards that parallel than song discussion [you can do that with an OOC note or stuff].

Origami
Everybody: What is your favorite song?

Funnily enough, I must be one of the only people who doesn't listen to music for recreation. I only hear music when I am performing it (I'm in a choir)
Loyalty and Honor.
But in the general regards, I have no 'favorite' song. :P
Why do you ask that? :O

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Roo
Good for you tomasque. I am no teacher though. I won't explain my reads as I don't have too explain them. I will simply tell you what I see in order to better understand everyone by guaging their reactions. My reads develop as the game develops.[...]
Yes you do, when people inquire about how you got about them. Mentioning that you "won't because you don't have to" denies an answer which in overall consideration is completely neutral.

Is there any reason why you do not wish to explain them?
And a couple people asked me boring questions.
Please explain what you mean by a boring question? Are you going to specifically call them out on it?

Hector
Fallacy of Urist, for good measure. Cheeky mare...

PPE: perhaps not. Vote stands anyway. What sort of third-party roles are you expecting in this game, FoU? What are your thoughts on DA's claim?
This seems subtly worded. You say third-party after FoU's post towards him?
It comes off as pointy. o_o Like there's something behind your thoughts.

Hazard [shortening your name for easier wording]
You're a fellow double-voter! :D How do you see a person with an added vote as? [As in to the general utility towards the game?]
What about someone with no vote?
A person's eloquence and vocabulary skills?

Fallacy
Tiruin: Weren't you in that game with the Shakerags? More seriously, how much do you think that game is relatable to this one?
Tiruin and H4zardZ1: Looks like you're double voters, unless Jack made an error. Will this change how you play the game?
Uhm ._. I played many games, so I technically 'was' in the game with Shakerag many times. xD You'll have to be more specific than that, because I don't recall what you're exactly saying there.
And I don't get the next question, but have my nearest understanding! I treat all games as individual and unique specimens--they may have particular similarities, but they are in each and every other quality, unique. Thus my approach to all games I play in is amorphous.
Me being a double-voter will not change how I play the game, because I will use my votes in accordance with my wincon: Hunting scum. :v
Could you share how you think the # of votes change a playstyle?

DA
Hello, there, people. I'm a miller. You can choose not to believe me if you want, but inspecting me is a waste of time.
Context of this reasoning please?

Flabort
Roo, FillipK, Tiruin You have a 1-shot daykill (with post restriction) which you must use before you answer any other questions; who do you kill? I am aware that the three of you are more likely to object to using a daykill without knowing much about the game, but second question: if you could undo the kill later, would that change your choice?
...Did you mean answer any other questions in formatting order, or did you mean 'I would like my question answered first and not skipped thanks!'
I would use my daykill on someone random (ie TDS/Roo/Flabort/...basically anyone randomly) if I have to use it, because I don't have any inclination to do so to anyone. In context, it would depend on how the person's skill and eloquence in handling logic and reasoning would be--not depending on metaknowledge, but on how they post (since I can use it before posting :P)
IF I have to use it before anything at all, I'll be looking back on player profile--how good they played Mafia, and in the absence of that, it'll be totally random.

If I could undo the kill later, it would depend on my wincon, and on the details from the player's flip (if any). Also on the context of the game. This...really depends on context.

Why is there a post restriction there, and what power does the daykill hold to you?

Tomasque, fillipk, Teneb [who was once named Deathsword ;_;]
In the hypothetical scenario that you are a Jack of All Trades [Night 1-shot kill/protect/redirect], what order would you use them, or would you use them all, within the first 3 days?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2016, 03:16:51 am »

@tiruin I don't have to explain to anyone why my reads are x or y. You can either trust me or don't as long as you're creating posts that elicit reaction I'm content.

I'm saying what I'm saying they were boring.
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2016, 03:21:07 am »

@tiruin I don't have to explain to anyone why my reads are x or y. You can either trust me or don't as long as you're creating posts that elicit reaction I'm content.

I'm saying what I'm saying they were boring.
Maybe you misunderstand :O This is not a situation of trust.
Is there anything wrong with explaining your reads? And are you merely saying those questions are boring (without any backing reasoning) because you don't wish to think about them?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:45 am »

I think you are misunderstanding. It definitely is a situation of trust as it is in part a social game. Whether or not you truet me is up to you. But you aren't going to change how I play even though my play might not endear me tomothers. I am not one for team play.

My post shows I got them if you aren't satisfied with that oh well.

And no I am saying exactly what I am saying the questions were boring. We just had this conversation/ are having this conversation. I don't need any backing or reason to say something is boring.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2016, 03:35:21 am »

Of course I will answer to the best of my ability.
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2016, 03:37:47 am »

I am not one for team play.
[...]
Is this attitude applicable no matter what alignment you are on? (Also just wondering what you really meant by 'boring')

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2016, 03:47:55 am »

I literally meant boring. Yawn invoking. Forgetable. Eyes glazed over. Boring.

Does it matter? Why are we discussing this? How I perceive myself is different than how others perceive me. So you can think I am helping and am a team player with my playstyle while I may think I am not. Of course I'll say it matters what alignment I'm on, but can be done with great success as both alignments.

I would like to point out that tiruin you voted me on something you said was completely neutral. FOS
Or not it's cool.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2016, 04:09:59 am »

OGS: I'd have to say anything from Mastodon, especially from their Blood Mountain Album. Originally it was something Giant, forgot part of the name, but as of now, Mortal Coil is really good. In general, a really good album.

FOU: You honestly DON'T want to see my reaction. My execution will cause huge waves in the waters. I am a visionary, and I see that my death will bring VERY unfortunate consequences. Just a fair warning, for those unknowing. I trust we are friends, eh?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2016, 04:11:03 am »

I would like to point out that tiruin you voted me on something you said was completely neutral. FOS
That's when you imply instead of apply! :P
But I understand that. My reasoning was along the "I won't explain because I don't-...". It's sort of a step up from the whole 'I choose to act' notion--a step against explaining and leaving the other person vague.

Does it matter? Why are we discussing this? How I perceive myself is different than how others perceive me. So you can think I am helping and am a team player with my playstyle while I may think I am not. Of course I'll say it matters what alignment I'm on, but can be done with great success as both alignments.
So you move to question the validity of the question instead of answering the question itself? :P If the question was just as you mentioned it here--an answer would not make it any more influential.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:57 am »

Did I not answer your question to your satisfaction, because I fid answer them. I am thoroughly confused as my questions were genuine. Why does it matter and why were we having this discussion? You are the one deflecting here tiruin not me.

I'm not implying anything. I was merely pointing it out. The fos was premature.
Or not it's cool.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2016, 04:23:33 am »

flabort: He wanted to put me in the spotlight and startle me into doing something stupid. As I am a slow fellow, I'll wait until later before I begin to formulate my opinions and begin pointing my finger at others. No Vote.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2016, 04:25:16 am »

Rephrase your reasoning I am not comprehending it. I understood the post I am not understanding how your post explains your vote. As you have said it was neutral and still are if I am reading correctly. Feel free to rephrase perhaps I am not comprehending your reasoning in 101
Or not it's cool.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2016, 04:29:30 am »

Yes, I'm neutral, and other than FOU voting me so that I overreact, there seems to be no other issue, so I'm reserving my judgement for a later day.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65