Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72782 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:52 pm »

Nope. Just trying to get a conversation going.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2016, 11:56:28 pm »

FoU, I'll read things properly, and ask questions as I see necessary depending on how the answers strike me.

Do you have issue with my scum-hunting? I don't understand the 10 question thing so I choose to believe you're making an underhanded insult.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2016, 11:57:20 pm »

Hello, there, people. I'm a miller. You can choose not to believe me if you want, but inspecting me is a waste of time.

TDS: At the end of the day it's still mafia. They should be findable via scumhunting and logic assuming there isn't some hidden stuff going on with the teams.

FOU: How do you mean? The three mafia are going to be balanced with it being a sixteen player game in mind. I think Jack's modded a reasonable number of games, so there shouldn't be anything majorly exploitable on either (possible any) side.

Everybody: What is your favorite song?

I guess at the moment I'd say it's J*E*N*O*V*A, but it does tend to vary wildly from day to day.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2016, 11:58:32 pm »

Do you have issue with my scum-hunting? I don't understand the 10 question thing so I choose to believe you're making an underhanded insult.
There's more than one way to scumhunt successfully. As long as what you do works, it shouldn't be a problem.
~~~
Deus the ninja shows up, claims miller. Huh.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2016, 12:02:00 am »

Fallacy of Urist, for good measure. Cheeky mare...

PPE: perhaps not. Vote stands anyway. What sort of third-party roles are you expecting in this game, FoU? What are your thoughts on DA's claim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2016, 12:07:57 am »

origamiscienceguy: do you think I'm developing a meta?
Yes. One of ETOD

(excessive tilde overuse disorder)

Also, good catch on the double voting.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2016, 12:11:10 am »

OSG, how do you think the presence of two double-voters will affect the night phase?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2016, 12:11:50 am »

OSG, how do you think the presence of two double-voters will affect the night phase?
They'll probably be tagetted more.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2016, 12:29:38 am »

Everybody: What is your favorite song?

Funnily enough, I must be one of the only people who doesn't listen to music for recreation. I only hear music when I am performing it (I'm in a choir)
Bah! ba, bababa, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-Ba-baah, bah! ba, bababa, ba ba baba-ba-baa babuhba. Buh buh buh bu boo boo boo, buh boo buh boo buh boo... Buh buh buh bu boo boo boo, badadadadadaaaa! Bah! ba, bababa, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-Ba-baah, bah! ba, bababa, ba ba baba-ba-baa babuhba. Buh buh buh bu boo boo boo, buh boo buh boo buh boo... Buh buh buh bu boo boo boo, badadadadadaaaa!

Serious answer: Too many to pick from. Probably something by Smooth McGroove, or by I Fight Dragons, or by Tally Hall, or by Johnathan Coultan. Nemises is definitely up in the top tracks, Time to Fly is amazing, No Strings is wicked awesome, Banana Man and Haiku are great, then there's Gerudo Valley Acapella and Dire Dire Docks Acapella. And so much more. Also Live and Learn and What I'm Made Of by Crush 40. The list goes on.... and on... and on...
Right now I might say Pinball Wizard, but whenever I think of that it makes me think of my true favorite, Conventional Lover.
fillipk: I'm not asking you a question.
flabort: Does the fact that I'm not asking fillipk a question make you suspicious?
Why should it? It's not that easy to think of 15 questions.

roo: are you mafia? Are you an SK? Are you anti-town? State clearly for a potential truthteller's benefit.
*facepalm* This shit again... I hope that this is a comment on a previous game, not an actual hope that there's a truthteller or a breadcrumb.

Roo, FillipK, Tiruin You have a 1-shot daykill (with post restriction) which you must use before you answer any other questions; who do you kill? I am aware that the three of you are more likely to object to using a daykill without knowing much about the game, but second question: if you could undo the kill later, would that change your choice?
SalsaCookies, Teneb, Deus Asmoth What do you think FoU's motivation was in asking you the questions he asked your group?
TheBiggerFish, OragamiScienceGuy, TheMoonlitShadow  Yackety Sax. Discuss.
Tawarochir What does it feel like, being singled out for a random vote and a solo question when I ask group questions to everyone else?
FallacyofUrist, Tomasque, TheDarkStar Do you feel OSG is role-fishing with his question?
Hazardz1, Hector13, Teneb Please give me a >=1000 word essay detailing why it is a bad idea to ignore the RVS stage; alternatively, >=5000 words as to why you should ignore the RVS stage.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2016, 12:34:18 am »

How much of this goes toward the class grade..?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2016, 12:49:51 am »

flabortDo you want a comment on each of the three questions? Because there's not much tying them together as a group unless I've missed something. Salsa's seems to be a garden variety random vote and Teneb's is an icebreaker. Mine is as well, though I guess he could have thought I was most likely to be scum and wanted to use my answer to that question to gauge how powerful the scumteam consider themselves. Seems unlikely unless it was just a gut feeling, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2016, 12:55:15 am »

@fallacyofurist
No. You've even played in one of the ones I've been in before... Haven't you?

@flabort
I don't think so. I doubt he'd believe people would so easily give away their song, and even if they gave away the band from which the song came, there'd be way too many songs to make an accurate guess about what the role might possibly be. However, he still could hide some nefarious intent. What role would benefit from being suspected? A Jester? A mafia Veteran/Granny?

...Or perhaps I'm just looking too much into this.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2016, 12:58:50 am »

Lot of weird things were said. If only I was the kind of guy to look that much closer.

Double voters don't matter early game. They'll either be killed or they won't speculation about mafia actions based on hypothetical situation with your bias on what will happen is an exercise in futility.

I encourage everyone to play the game about what has been said in the thread and nothing else. It only is distracting and non-prodctive. If I was a lesser man I'd try yo kill the guy that said that.

A much better question would have been what song we picked instead of our favorite song. To see people reluctance/reaction. Shame such an opportunity wasted smh. I picked big kid table by thao and the get down stay down.

And a couple people asked me boring questions.

Tds might be town
Hector13 is leaningtown

thebiggerfish is scum
Dues might be scum
Or not it's cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2016, 01:19:32 am »

How much of this goes toward the class grade..?
25% of your grade for this grading period depends on this essay.

flabortDo you want a comment on each of the three questions? Because there's not much tying them together as a group unless I've missed something. Salsa's seems to be a garden variety random vote and Teneb's is an icebreaker. Mine is as well, though I guess he could have thought I was most likely to be scum and wanted to use my answer to that question to gauge how powerful the scumteam consider themselves. Seems unlikely unless it was just a gut feeling, though.
Commenting on each one is what's desired, yes.

@flabort
I don't think so. I doubt he'd believe people would so easily give away their song, and even if they gave away the band from which the song came, there'd be way too many songs to make an accurate guess about what the role might possibly be. However, he still could hide some nefarious intent. What role would benefit from being suspected? A Jester? A mafia Veteran/Granny?

...Or perhaps I'm just looking too much into this.
I disagree; there is no such thing as looking too much into something. On the other hand, there is a such thing as overthinking. So... as far as your response/question, certain kinds of Oozes might benefit from being suspected (when you're targeted, the targeting person becomes an Ooze of the same color), and a Bomb (explode and kill your killer) could benefit from it. Do you believe it's likely that OSG is one of these roles?

And a couple people asked me boring questions.
Do you care to answer said questions?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2016, 01:34:42 am »

My complete lack of answer indicates my answer. I apologize for assuming we were at the same intelligence level.

First impressions are semi-important I don't plan on wasting mine on mind numbing content that leads nowhere but gives out a lot of useless information that only serves to inflate post count. Talk all you please; I'll answer what I want to answer.

If you're dropping hints to your role just use it as it doesn't confirm any alignment it just proves you have that role you'll either be lynched or everyone will let you coast.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65