Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72880 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Family Resemblance [13/16]
« Reply #585 on: January 07, 2016, 09:51:56 pm »

This will do literally nothing for us. You are aware of Google, yes? You live up to your name :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 07, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »

Since the holidays ended, I've been busy applying for universities and scholarships. If I get accepted to my first-choice university, then my mood and my activity should go up quite a bit. So far, the person who stand out to me the most is Deus Asmoth (for the early miller claim). I will catch up on the 15+ pages I missed later.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 07, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »

I'll join the song claim anyway.  Especially because my song is practically opaque.
[REDACT due to later]

Yes, Google, but the thing is, you might be TOO on the nose.  And then again, the songs don't affect our alignments...Wait, why are we doing this?

...If you guys want, I'll provide my song, but right now I'm being paranoid.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 07, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »

Because I don't have any decent reads, myself.
Why do you think that me asking for your other reads is me angling to make a stalemate?
Personally I think this means that you think he is town and are trying to copy him, which I don't blame you for, but your not going to get that out of hector yet, its still too early in the game for a complete list of reads, read back through day 1 and look through the posts for anything suspicious, quote it and ask about it, best way to play as town and as scum, at least right now.
The last bit is basically what Tomasque said, according to hector. Copying to look like town, or confirming? He didn't mention Tomasque, tho that post was right above his, so I'd say copying. filipk
Tomasque said that? Anyway this is advice to a new player, same advice that was given to me, anyway even if I was scum I wouldn't want to win because my opponents were noobs, there's no satisfaction in that.  Same to winning against new scum.

But how would you know that the new players are scum? Why would you give them a free pass at the expense of everyone else on your team?
Not a free pass, just some advice on what not to do because people have misconceptions.  TheBiggerFish still hasn't scum hunted and so my vote is still on him, I'm just giving him some advice on how to scum hunt.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 07, 2016, 10:00:48 pm »

Deus Asmoth:While I recall that there ISN'T a link between songs and roles, you should perhaps substantiate your claim of Miller.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 07, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »

This will do literally nothing for us. You are aware of Google, yes? You live up to your name :P
If it will do nothing for us, will it do anything good for the scum?
If it will not do anything good for the scum, why not humor me and do it, making it harder for you to fake claim if you're scum?
~~~
Deus Asmoth:While I recall that there ISN'T a link between songs and roles, you should perhaps substantiate your claim of Miller.
DUDE.
DUDE.
THINK FOR A MOMENT. There is a link between songs and roles, dangit! Do you not understand the premise of any BYOR game?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 07, 2016, 10:04:50 pm »

Ugh, I meant alignment.  Not role.
* TheBiggerFish applies palm to face

FoU has a point.
My song is Firefly Cloud by, well, Homestuck.  It's in the album One Year Older on the Bandcamp page.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 07, 2016, 10:08:57 pm »

Ugh, I meant alignment.  Not role.
* TheBiggerFish applies palm to face
I'm slightly curious if that's who you're going to be voting for  :P ha no.
Hm. Point made. Everybody makes mistakes.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 07, 2016, 10:17:47 pm »

If it will do nothing for us, will it do anything good for the scum?
If it will not do anything good for the scum, why not humor me and do it, making it harder for you to fake claim if you're scum?

How will it make a fakeclaim harder?

Do you intimately know Jack enough to be able to divine what role he'll create from a particular song?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 07, 2016, 10:20:44 pm »

Do you intimately know Jack enough to be able to divine what role he'll create from a particular song?
... I'm only human.
So no.

Any scum who has claimed a song submission will need to use that song as their fake claim start point, or else they'll be called out for lying.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 07, 2016, 10:22:28 pm »

Any scum who has claimed a song submission will need to use that song as their fake claim start point, or else they'll be called out for lying.
Hm.  Very true.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 07, 2016, 10:24:06 pm »

I've faked entire roles in BYORs before; it's not that hard. I think claiming songs is a bad idea because of the risk of roles that can steal powers if they know the song name (iirc there have been a few in the BYORs I've seen) while not especially hindering the scum.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 07, 2016, 10:25:43 pm »

... I'm only human.
So no.

This is a poor road to go down.

You're not making one assumption based on the song, you'll be making two: what role you would create, and what role Jack would create. This won't help at all.

PPE: or what TDS said.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 07, 2016, 10:27:15 pm »

Also, I brought this up before, why fakeclaim at all if scum wanted to they could just claim their role and it tells nothing about their alignment, which is why I think we should stop this claiming of songs now and focus on scum hunting.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 65