Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72823 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2016, 04:31:10 am »

Are you speaking at me? I am talking to tiruin as my post implies "101"
Or not it's cool.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2016, 04:42:55 am »

Okay, I didn't understand what "101" meant.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2016, 04:46:08 am »

Are you genuinely blind? Or simply oblivious?

Hint the posts are numbered.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2016, 04:47:12 am »

That wasn't necessary.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2016, 05:31:04 am »

@Fallacy:Second game on here.

@roo:Are you seriously...
I mean, seriously.  Random pronouncement of "TBF is scum", with no substantiated evidence.
Roo, for being way too certain, and also wrong.
Also, you spelled Deus wrong.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2016, 06:16:26 am »

Sorry for general inactivity. I'll answer questions later...
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2016, 08:11:48 am »

Questions and answers, now.
Everybody: What is your favorite song?
OSG: A Minor Point and On The Black Sea.
Do you think that is the song i choose?
Everyone: How would you go about finding mafia in a game like this?
TDS: Normal scumhunting, no?
origamiscienceguy: do you think I'm developing a meta?
FallacyofUrist: Wait, no.
TheDarkStar: You receive a 1-shot kill by some unknown means. Under what circumstances would you use that N1?
Hector13: Are you going to pay less attention to the RVS stage of this game due to the density? And are you yourself going to ask more than 10 questions?
Tawarochir: How much weight do you give a Finger of Suspicion, early game, mid game, and late game?
roo: are you mafia? Are you an SK? Are you anti-town? State clearly for a potential truthteller's benefit.
Teneb: when was the last time you played a game of forum mafia?(I haven't seen you around in the Mafia boards often)
fillipk: I'm not asking you a question.
Deus Asmoth: Do you think 3 mafia is more likely or less likely to be balanced for a 16 player game?
flabort: Does the fact that I'm not asking fillipk a question make you suspicious?
TheBiggerFish: Is this your first game of forum mafia?
Tiruin: Weren't you in that game with the Shakerags? More seriously, how much do you think that game is relatable to this one?
The Moonlit Shadow: Is this your first game of forum mafia?
H4zardZ1: Does the fact that I asked TheBiggerFish and The Moonlit Shadow the same question make you suspicious? How about the fact that that question I asked you is similar to flabort's question?
Tomasque: Is this your first game of forum mafia?
Salsacookies: Because two things: I want to see your reaction and I want to see your reaction.
~~~
Good luck everybody.
Oh, and also of note:
Tiruin and H4zardZ1: Looks like you're double voters, unless Jack made an error. Will this change how you play the game?
FoU: 1. No, not that, but the question you asked to flabort and asking for suspiciousness from others.
2. Not that much, except for more power at lynch and scumhunting.
Hazardz1, Hector13, Teneb Please give me a >=1000 word essay detailing why it is a bad idea to ignore the RVS stage; alternatively, >=5000 words as to why you should ignore the RVS stage.
Flabort: Not enough points to pressure about. It's more about activity, no?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2016, 10:08:48 am »

PPE: perhaps not. Vote stands anyway. What sort of third-party roles are you expecting in this game, FoU? What are your thoughts on DA's claim?
A serial killer, perhaps, considering this many players. There are songs that exist that could end up creating a cult leader(Your Favorite Song, Tom Cruise Crazy). We could have survivors, jesters, lynchers, all sorts of third-party roles- but we currently don't have any evidence whatsoever of any third-party roles existing. In a game of this size, there probably will be some, but we can't accurately predict at this point who or what they will be.
~~~
FallacyofUrist, Tomasque, TheDarkStar Do you feel OSG is role-fishing with his question?
the one "what is your favorite song"? No. It's just too inaccurate to be rolefishing- I for instance did not submit my favorite song, and I imagine many other people chose to submit a song that was interesting instead of their favorite.
~~~
No. You've even played in one of the ones I've been in before... Haven't you?
Perhaps you were in my first mafia game, a BM?
~~~
Spoiler: roo is crazy (click to show/hide)
AGH. I mean seriously. If you weren't basically... like... always like this, I would set my vote to you.
On the other hand, Salsacookies hasn't done anything suspicious yet. I think my vote is better used by being on you, roo. For obvious reasons. Of course, you could just be fishing for reactions... but...
unvote Salsacookies, vote roo. Pressuring you is a much better use of my vote.
~~~
My complete lack of answer indicates my answer. I apologize for assuming we were at the same intelligence level.

First impressions are semi-important I don't plan on wasting mine on mind numbing content that leads nowhere but gives out a lot of useless information that only serves to inflate post count. Talk all you please; I'll answer what I want to answer.
It's that C9++(or whatnot) thing again. Don't do it, roo. You may not care but basically everybody else does.
~~~
Uhm ._. I played many games, so I technically 'was' in the game with Shakerag many times. xD You'll have to be more specific than that, because I don't recall what you're exactly saying there.
And I don't get the next question, but have my nearest understanding! I treat all games as individual and unique specimens--they may have particular similarities, but they are in each and every other quality, unique. Thus my approach to all games I play in is amorphous.
Me being a double-voter will not change how I play the game, because I will use my votes in accordance with my wincon: Hunting scum. :v
Could you share how you think the # of votes change a playstyle?
The game with the Shakerags. Tolyk's semi-bastard mod. I think it was called something like KYOSN?
If you have multiple votes, you can bring more pressure to a single person or do so to multiple people at once. It makes scum hunting easier. Plus there's end-of-day shenanigans you can pull easier.
~~~
FOU: You honestly DON'T want to see my reaction. My execution will cause huge waves in the waters. I am a visionary, and I see that my death will bring VERY unfortunate consequences. Just a fair warning, for those unknowing. I trust we are friends, eh?
... you mean to say you're a supersaint? Um...
~~~
I don't have to explain to anyone why my reads are x or y. You can either trust me or don't as long as you're creating posts that elicit reaction I'm content.
... gragh.
~~~
FoU: 1. No, not that, but the question you asked to flabort and asking for suspiciousness from others.
2. Not that much, except for more power at lynch and scumhunting.
Huh. You're going to vote me just for that. Well, well.
~~~
I think that's all for now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2016, 10:32:33 am »

FoU You tried to control the discussion, might be good, might be bad. Anyways, worth a pressure vote.
When? Where?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2016, 10:53:32 am »

A much better question would have been what song we picked instead of our favorite song.
That would be a terrible idea. You can try it if you want, but everybody would vote you for role fishing.

My complete lack of answer indicates my answer. I apologize for assuming we were at the same intelligence level.
Yes. I assumed everybody here was capable of answering questions. Alas.

@tiruin I don't have to explain to anyone why my reads are x or y. You can either trust me or don't as long as you're creating posts that elicit reaction I'm content.

I'm saying what I'm saying they were boring.
You don't have to, but if you want people to agree with you, you have to explain how you came to the conclusion you did.

Everybody: What is your favorite song?
OSG: A Minor Point and On The Black Sea.
Do you think that is the song i choose?
Absolutely not. I wasn't expecting anybody to put their actual song here, and even if they did, they wouldn't say it was their song, and even if they did, there is no way to find out what abilities they would have from it.

Osg I'm gonna take a risk here and tell you that I gave Jack my favorite song. This is the one I got my role off of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqZaYsbMHk&list=PLbg71h_P2VCULdY9NGbvOWg01Jh7ok_bG&index=24

Osg that was a fitting question, though I'm not sure it really helps.
In short, I don't believe you. Not that it would help in any way if it was your actual song.

roo for his nonsensical play even after countless games of people telling him what he's doing wrong.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2016, 11:46:12 am »

Not because I'm scum but because you disagree with how I play. If everyone isnokay with a policy lynch then so am I.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2016, 11:48:57 am »

I would aslo point out the contradictory nature of FoUs vote on me.

@tbf that is an omgus if I ever saw one.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2016, 11:53:52 am »

@osg my play is not nonsensical such indication of mynplay misrepresents whatnI hace done in game.

Since you are a fan of explanations feel free to say exactly how my play is nonsensical. As it implies irrationality.

For the two guys whining about me they sure channel my views on the game a lot. Since they too have not explained why they are voting me simply that they are voting me. Not because I am scum but for ither reasons.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2016, 11:57:56 am »

@roo:You're waaaaay too certain and have provided no evidence.  If this was pure RVS, I would not have reacted in such a way, but when you state things that are provably untrue like facts...Also,
@roo:Are you seriously...
I mean, seriously.  Random pronouncement of "TBF is scum", with no substantiated evidence.
Roo, for being way too certain, and also wrong.
Can someone confirm I'm not hallucinating this?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2016, 12:03:43 pm »

What evidence are you expecting 3 pages into the game? If we were 20 pages in you might have something and I still wouldn't say why. I have zero interest in interwcting with you. You can consider this the end of any conversation until I decide your town asbyour reaction is both deflective and omgus. A poor one and I'm confortable with my vote.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65