Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 109

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem OOC: Praisin' ain't easy  (Read 98887 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem OOC
« Reply #1200 on: February 28, 2017, 10:11:34 am »

Now that you mention it, hitstun is pretty silly. After doing some research into how defense and armor and poise play in ds3, I pretty much abandoned the idea of even middle weight armor, and poise only works, as intended, if you're in an attack animation. Enemies don't seem to play by the same rules, since I can BKGS one twice and they'll ignore it to cave my face in.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:48 pm »

For reference sake, Typhos will probably get splattered on the next turn, but he would be able to respawn at the campfire anyway right? Since it was unlocked by the rest of the group?
It depends on how closely this follows the rules of Dark Souls - In the games, you respawn at the last bonfire you rested at, regardless of if you have one closer to where you died unlocked.
For convenience sake, it's going to be the bonfire nearest the group (to avoid waiting five turns for a character to catch up) unless the player chooses otherwise.

That said, the Sentry Beast is going to pull back, because downing Typhos would achieve literally nothing but slow down the game a little bit more and we're close enough to the next map I just want to introduce Dwarm's actual character at this point.
Typhos, our guard and our shield, Sirus' own. He shall be the brave (and somewhat poetically cynical) person that probably-all-of-us-and-not-just-Dwarmin can control u_u
Well, not once this map ends he won't be.
You're getting his stuff, estus flask excepted, and then he's sitting his ass by the bonfire and being miserable until the world ends.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 28, 2017, 05:09:30 pm »

For reference sake, Typhos will probably get splattered on the next turn, but he would be able to respawn at the campfire anyway right? Since it was unlocked by the rest of the group?
It depends on how closely this follows the rules of Dark Souls - In the games, you respawn at the last bonfire you rested at, regardless of if you have one closer to where you died unlocked.
For convenience sake, it's going to be the bonfire nearest the group (to avoid waiting five turns for a character to catch up) unless the player chooses otherwise.

That said, the Sentry Beast is going to pull back, because downing Typhos would achieve literally nothing but slow down the game a little bit more and we're close enough to the next map I just want to introduce Dwarm's actual character at this point.
Typhos, our guard and our shield, Sirus' own. He shall be the brave (and somewhat poetically cynical) person that probably-all-of-us-and-not-just-Dwarmin can control u_u
Well, not once this map ends he won't be.
You're getting his stuff, estus flask excepted, and then he's sitting his ass by the bonfire and being miserable until the world ends.
GiglameshDespair 2017.
Always being the poetic one. :P :)

That imagery is very melancholic, and yet nice. :I He'll never turn hollow, but he'll also be one of the first to receive good news if we've won AND you get to give Sirus a good chance at a happy ending.

This subtle insight in your conciseness is very uplifting. Give me more! :D

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 28, 2017, 05:11:35 pm »

The crestfallen knight was with us from the beginning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 28, 2017, 05:11:56 pm »

Who is this ._.;

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 28, 2017, 05:13:33 pm »

Who is this ._.;

A figure who shows up in all the souls games. A guy who sits around, feeling miserable in the face of the nearly insurmountable bleakness of the world around them. They're usually around the first hub area.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 28, 2017, 05:16:36 pm »

Who is this ._.;

A figure who shows up in all the souls games. A guy who sits around, feeling miserable in the face of the nearly insurmountable bleakness of the world around them. They're usually around the first hub area.
So...
1. She's that green figure there.
2. She's Gig's awesome orange cultist avatar? :P
3. She's also a girl because that's what that avatar is (and it's subtly apparent)? :D

Yay! An NPC I can relate with (~'u')~

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 28, 2017, 05:17:30 pm »

No, Gigla's character seems to be the fire keeper. Basically the reason the bonfires work, from what I know of the mythos.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 28, 2017, 05:23:51 pm »

No, Gigla's character seems to be the fire keeper. Basically the reason the bonfires work, from what I know of the mythos.
So...what's the crestfallen knight's role in the mythos ._.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 28, 2017, 05:27:16 pm »

To sit there and tell you you're screwed, then in Dark Souls 1 & 3 to show up and fight you later (in 1 because he Hollowed out, in 3 because he wants to be a dragon). In 2 he actually gets a little better if you get three people to come to Majula. In Demon's Souls he just vanishes after you clear a certain number of areas. There's a guy in Bloodborne who might maybe qualify, and he turns into a beast; killing him gets you a rune.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 05, 2017, 06:52:29 pm »

Dwarmin, prepare thyself; you'll enter the game soon as they leave the cave.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 05, 2017, 07:25:36 pm »

SUddenly: Emo Painter drops from the sky.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 05, 2017, 10:22:23 pm »

Or is released from jail, or climbs out of a coffin, or... falls out of the sky, actually.
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 05, 2017, 10:24:53 pm »

Dark Spirit ol'-what's-her-name has joined the world.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 05, 2017, 10:27:39 pm »

tfw u invade and they have six phantoms
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 109