Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 109

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem OOC: Praisin' ain't easy  (Read 99048 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem OOC
« Reply #1065 on: February 11, 2017, 10:54:37 pm »

Anyway: While I think we *could* have taken it if we had the weapon uses, as is most of our weapons will break before it dies so we should just avoid it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 11, 2017, 10:55:45 pm »

Eh, it's not like it can kill us in one hit...

Well... it's not like it can kill all of us in one hit.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 11, 2017, 11:48:35 pm »

Name            | Type ( ) | Rng | Wt | Mt | Hit | Cr | Ql
Jaws            | Beas (-) | 1-2 |  - | 9  |  75 |  0 | 0
Claws           | Beas (-) | 1   |  - |  5 |  75 | 10 | 0
Firespit        | Fire (-) | 2   |  - |  8 |  75 |  0 | 0
Yooooouuu srs Gigla!! D:<
I can believe the Firespit but the Jaws? :P

At least it can't kill us in one hit and I can throw knives at it without being retaliated at!

I only have like one or two attacks left. I can't fight it.
Yes you can! Stand in front of us. That's fighting! :D
* Tiruin imagines Ariston bracing himself before wrestling the enemy (as in with those tough guy stances and arms raised to hold off their shoulders with clenching muscles) and stopping them from moving forward and all, while we give support fire)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 11, 2017, 11:53:39 pm »

Tir, I don't know why you're assuming that boss is using one of the three attacks that it won't be able to counter with. Also I don't know why you're bothering to attack.

Also I don't know why we need to get dunked on that hard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 11, 2017, 11:56:59 pm »

Tir, I don't know why you're assuming that boss is using one of the three attacks that it won't be able to counter with. Also I don't know why you're bothering to attack.

Also I don't know why we need to get dunked on that hard.
1. I'm just commenting on RNG 1-2 for Jaws gives nice imagery :P It's humor, and Gigla is British, and for some reason me being a Filipina has me thinking 'Them Brits have awesome humor' as an initial impression because of the many silly things I've seen. But yep--imagery.
2. I'm a spy :3 I can ambushes. And that's what I'd do IC anyway (even if it does use 1 QL ._.)
3. Dunked on?

Seems both like a storytelling boss, and that we'll get weapons anyway (because it's pretty weird to pass all these enemies only to have their weapons be 'nope :I can't touch this'), or the ally will kill it somehow for the drop. o_O
But I'm betting secret storytelling drop. :P Gotta collect them all!

In meta-perspective, this is a very good take as a GM move, as it could even just be a reference to beasties further on even if we can't defeat it (note: I am not aiming to even do that knowing the state of all of us :P)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:59:56 pm by Tiruin »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 12, 2017, 12:03:36 am »

Dunked on because JESUS JIMMINY that passive on the monster. Just... Damn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 12, 2017, 12:04:27 am »

because it's pretty weird to pass all these enemies only to have their weapons be 'nope :I can't touch this')

We haven't found a gold serpent ring or some rusty coins yet, so of course the enemies aren't dropping anything. :P

Also we really shouldn't fight that thing Tir.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 12, 2017, 12:06:00 am »

Dunked on because JESUS JIMMINY that passive on the monster. Just... Damn.
That means it hits with EVERYTHING in range right? :O
I'll live! Don't worry about me! Just all of you *run over there*. I can block it with my body and hopefully evade ._. Flavor hints that it's targeting me anyway.

because it's pretty weird to pass all these enemies only to have their weapons be 'nope :I can't touch this')

We haven't found a gold serpent ring or some rusty coins yet, so of course the enemies aren't dropping anything. :P

Also we really shouldn't fight that thing Tir.
It can't hit me as per ambush rules :O which...I've taken note of since the start of the game since Gigla reminds me of Haspen-par-difficulty. *FUN* but *HARD* but *FUN*. .-.;

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:55 am »

I mean, we killed, like, twenty basic-level hollows. We should have gotten at least one Lifegem by now. :P

Also, calling that the monster's soul can be made into a pyromancy or sword, not that we'll be seeing either any time soon. Like, damn.
At least in Dark Souls people could defeat any boss with the right amount of skill, as opposed to statistics and luck. :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:13:27 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 12, 2017, 12:41:04 am »

I mean, we killed, like, twenty basic-level hollows. We should have gotten at least one Lifegem by now. :P

Also, calling that the monster's soul can be made into a pyromancy or sword, not that we'll be seeing either any time soon. Like, damn.
At least in Dark Souls people could defeat any boss with the right amount of skill, as opposed to statistics and luck. :P
I can tumble and roll! It...just needs time to tell if I did do that! :P

Although we are playing our characters so it's a simulation of mechanics of sorts. We'll live through it (now run while I get attacked at least 2 times :I) WAIT the passages are too narrow and it's stuck in this room!

Problem being that we all need at least 2 moves to go through the room entirely, so someone must play dodge and roll.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:52:39 am by Tiruin »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:54 am »

Why would literally anyone want to be that close to the creature for any reason
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 12, 2017, 01:11:06 am »

Why would literally anyone want to be that close to the creature for any reason
It can block our passages due to 'it wants to attack us'. I don't know how GMs do Enemy AI but this is pretty much a VERY DEADLY scenario if it does block one of the passages :P

That and I'm only figuratively showing the image as a reference, not literally. But it does have the idea--the enemy cannot use its special if we don't attack :P And it can only hit one person. This'll be more of an IC thing other than OOC but it's good to know.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 12, 2017, 01:26:19 am »

Wouldn't "it can use all attacks in a turn" mean it can also use all of them on its own turn?
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 13, 2017, 11:22:39 am »

Right, the monster is always going to be here when we want to come back...I'm pretty sure we are supposed to evade, or I hope we have to, otherwise it's going to be another three months waiting for my character to get into the game, and I am honestly tired of even auto-posting at this point. It can one shot pretty much everybody in the party with each of its attacks. All at once. I think Typhos can do 1 damage with his attacks.

Anyway, you guys figure it out. Nothing will interrupt Typhos zombie march toward the exit, unless you guys want me to toss him heroically at the beast to distract it because he's leaving the game anyway. Then when you guys come back to finish if off a few dozen levels later, you can fight Hollow Champion Typhos riding the Guardian as a war-mount.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 109