Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 109

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem OOC: Praisin' ain't easy  (Read 99009 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem OOC
« Reply #915 on: January 03, 2017, 10:48:20 am »

It just frustrates me because I volunteered to hop into a middle of a game, just to move things along. Find out my character is amazingly boring to play, because he has no friends. Find out there was a rule no one told me about, one that is easy to forget, and I am forgetful, now I feel like trash tier.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 03, 2017, 11:32:48 am »

It's fine. The first problem will end soon enough (well... by June at the latest :P) and you'll get used to the whole OOC thing with time. Don't get frustrated.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 03, 2017, 11:44:56 am »

We could always just do that "Oh, he rested at the bonfire and fell out of our time." thing.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 03, 2017, 11:59:41 am »

Unfortunately I'm not sure that's an actual thing in this lore. oh well. :/
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 03, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »

Enemies fade out when you rest at a bonfire. It'd be helpful to us, as well, as it lets future replacements join in quicker.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 03, 2017, 01:47:18 pm »

True, true, but it's entirely up to Gig what parts he keeps from Dark Souls and what parts he keeps from FEF.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 03, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »

It just frustrates me because I volunteered to hop into a middle of a game, just to move things along. Find out my character is amazingly boring to play, because he has no friends. Find out there was a rule no one told me about, one that is easy to forget, and I am forgetful, now I feel like trash tier.
Well, no one has friends mechanically at this point, but that shouldn't stop RP. A big chunk of RP happens between maps, though, which obviously isn't where you've plopped into, with a character that was booted for inactivity - so I wouldn't kick yourself on lacking stuff to do with him. I guess it depends - are you interested enough in the game to keep using Typhos, or do you want to wait until your character comes in on her own right? It shouldn't be too long for this map, anymore. The end is relatively nigh.

As for the OOC stuff...
I would personally say the notion of keeping IC in IC and OOC in OOC should be pretty standard. :P
It is in the OP of the IC thread not to have OOC there. First line, in fact.
It's not quite if you have '8 OOC in the IC, you're locked to the Bad End' - it can make things harder later, but hopefully in a way that's kind of interesting.

Ultimately, I want everyone to enjoy playing DSE, so I'm not going to dick everyone over.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 03, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »

Well I guess I HAVE to play Typhos the rest of the way, otherwise I'll have to wait even longer. Fun fun fun.

As for the other thing, no further comment. I'm taking it way out of proportion in my head. Been typing and re-typing comments for about an hour.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:15:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 04, 2017, 10:21:42 pm »

Honestly I wouldn't mind talking to Typhos so long as he initiates the conversation. Problem being that I've established Sacha as afraid of him to the point of near paranoia.

Heck, if it helps here are my notes on Sacha's thoughts of Typhos:

Quote from: Sacha's thoughts
[[Sirius]] Typhos Umbra, the Captain of Tristram: Obviously a liar as well as a guard captain. Tristram was destroyed decades ago and little remains of it other than rubble. Strike one. Guard Captains are well known for burning heretics at the stake as many have tried to do to her and her congregation before. Strike two. A bad liar such as Typhos will put people on guard against others who attempt to 'bend the truth' thus making it harder for Sacha to come out on top. Strike three. Honestly, if he weren't so obviously skilled at swordplay Sacha would have no use for the man. His degrading mental state has put her on guard. She is currently quite afraid of him but has taken some solace from Damon’s promise to protect her.

It just really sucks you got stuck taking over for someone who never talked.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 04, 2017, 11:07:43 pm »

It just really sucks you got stuck taking over for someone who never talked.
This.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 04, 2017, 11:30:42 pm »

And of course, my first question is: Have you such entries for the rest of the cast? My immediate assumption is yes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 04, 2017, 11:34:03 pm »

To help a little bit with the whole 'character interaction' bit I'm just gonna... post how Sacha acted towards each person on the trip her and about a few specific topics. Helps save time AND is convenient I think.

Spoiler: Base Personality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Topics (click to show/hide)

These are just my thoughts as to her interactions as of now. I'm more than wiling to change them around if you guys want to share some input on them.
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 05, 2017, 12:10:34 am »

Some changes have been made to each character since then. Sans Ariston I believe. The one that changed most was Yilda. Went from being somewhat warm [potential recruit] to rather cold [Sacha doesn't take to insults well]. Heck, I'll post 'em here sans any RP plans I may have.

Spoiler: People (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 05, 2017, 12:14:04 am »

you like the piercing lance
don't you sacha
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 109