Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 109

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem OOC: Praisin' ain't easy  (Read 98897 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem OOC
« Reply #1170 on: February 22, 2017, 06:23:30 pm »

I would assume you, since it seems unlikely the creature would be able (or willing, even) to attack a Rescued character.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 22, 2017, 06:23:38 pm »

Did it spit fire at me or Alain?

Alain was rescued so it couldn't have been her, no matter what the battle text said.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 22, 2017, 06:29:59 pm »

At Sacha.
Downed characters can't be attacked, neither can rescued ones.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 22, 2017, 06:40:51 pm »

OH MY CHEESE
THE FIRE PERSON IS GIGLA's CULTIST CHARACTER FROM ANOTHER AWESOME GAME that I would've loved to be with alongside Cael's Cultist dude.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 22, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »

Your character is sounding a little too hale and hearty for someone bleeding out, Tir.

OH MY CHEESE
THE FIRE PERSON IS GIGLA's CULTIST CHARACTER FROM ANOTHER AWESOME GAME that I would've loved to be with alongside Cael's Cultist dude.
By the gods, I put too much effort into that mug to never use it again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 22, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »

Your character is sounding a little too hale and hearty for someone bleeding out, Tir.
I was bleeding out?! O_o [/Reallythisishowsheacts]

OH MY CHEESE
By the gods, I put too much effort into that mug to never use it again.
I love your characters :I
And I'd like to see more :I

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 27, 2017, 10:51:46 am »

For reference sake, Typhos will probably get splattered on the next turn, but he would be able to respawn at the campfire anyway right? Since it was unlocked by the rest of the group?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:19 am »

Coming soon: Damon murdering Alain for being a disobedient girl civvie
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 27, 2017, 06:56:53 pm »

"Typhos! Come on!"

O11, rest at bonfire. Ponder if this counts for Alain too.
No, same as if you'd used a vulnerary - it doesn't heal someone you're rescuing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 27, 2017, 07:07:33 pm »

For reference sake, Typhos will probably get splattered on the next turn, but he would be able to respawn at the campfire anyway right? Since it was unlocked by the rest of the group?
It depends on how closely this follows the rules of Dark Souls - In the games, you respawn at the last bonfire you rested at, regardless of if you have one closer to where you died unlocked.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »

It depends on how closely this follows the rules of Dark Souls - In the games, you respawn at the last bonfire you rested at, regardless of if you have one closer to where you died unlocked.
For convenience sake, it's going to be the bonfire nearest the group (to avoid waiting five turns for a character to catch up) unless the player chooses otherwise.

That said, the Sentry Beast is going to pull back, because downing Typhos would achieve literally nothing but slow down the game a little bit more and we're close enough to the next map I just want to introduce Dwarm's actual character at this point.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 27, 2017, 07:22:07 pm »

metagaming??
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 28, 2017, 05:51:35 am »

For convenience sake, it's going to be the bonfire nearest the group (to avoid waiting five turns for a character to catch up) unless the player chooses otherwise.

That said, the Sentry Beast is going to pull back, because downing Typhos would achieve literally nothing but slow down the game a little bit more and we're close enough to the next map I just want to introduce Dwarm's actual character at this point.
Typhos, our guard and our shield, Sirus' own. He shall be the brave (and somewhat poetically cynical) person that probably-all-of-us-and-not-just-Dwarmin can control u_u

I never metagame I didn't like.
What does this mean? :O

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 28, 2017, 06:16:29 am »

It's a pun. Metagaming is using outside knowledge (such as knowing that certain weapons are just straight up better than others - the Carthus Curved Sword was the 'meta' for a long time in Dark Souls 3. It might still be but >actually caring about DS3 :P ). Blade is engaging in wordplay - metagame for 'met a game'. He never met a game he didn't like.

that was English with SerCon, another edition to come a quarter after never
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 109