Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What I call a good start...  (Read 735 times)

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
What I call a good start...
« on: December 13, 2015, 09:59:36 pm »

So today I want to share with you a very special world.

There's an elf fortress on it.

You can start your game in it, if you aim for the dwarf fortress icon in the upper left corner of the map when you choose your home town (with the Phoebius tileset, it looks like a dwarf statue, you can't miss it). There are elf, goblin, dwarf, dingo man and human residents in that fortress.

My best guess is that fortress got conquered by the elves early in the Age of Myth. There are no other dwarf settlements in that entire mountain range.

The best part? When you start in it, the first or second person you speak with will be alarmed by the fighting. There's a goblin pogrom in progress. A whole bunch of civilians are beating each other up. I don't even know who started it, it's a free for all.

Have fun.

My install has a tileset (version of Phoebius) and latest update of Wanderer, 16e. No other addons.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5OVd1pEnuNqUFVwRGpTNzRYaXM/view?usp=sharing

Please post your experiences in this world here - maybe we can explore it in parallel. All I've done so far is climb up to the top to see that the tavern has no booze and that the trader is missing so you can't buy anything from the trade depot at the moment.