Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 236666 times)

Evilguards

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.03 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2020, 02:55:03 pm »

It's a dfhack script to spawn a necro book (not from me, manage to got a slab but dorf couldn't read it) didn't know it could corrupt the thingy, reloading a backup should fix it then thanks !
EDIT : just saw the changelog

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2020, 07:05:50 am »

Not sure if this happens in the Dfhack version, but under historical figures, if you click the "necromancer" box, it lists raised undead lieutenants.
They should probably be either "animated corpse" or a new category altogether.
(If this is already solved by opening Dfhack generated Legends then I guess t doesn't matter so much).

And also in my current world, a raised undead lieutenant's top description line says "born in 150, died in 180 (old age)".
But in fact, this character died of old age in 174 (it's a very short-lived race), was raised as an undead lieutenant, fought in various battles and was finally struck down by a mouse brute in 180.

So, it should either say "died in 174 (old age)" or "died in 180 (struck)" (or both).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:09:47 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2020, 05:28:42 pm »

Newest version doesn't seem to be working.

Loading the xml file in gives a popup saying "There was an error loading this XML file! Do you wish to attempt a repair?"

Selecting yes gives a Microsoft .NET Framework Exception: https://pastebin.com/5eTxq3EQ

If you select continue the program does nothing and never loads the legends file.

The XML files I used along with my world gen parameters can be found here if you need them: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14913
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:55:51 pm by Conor891 »

Deus_Vult

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2020, 09:07:33 pm »

And also in my current world, a raised undead lieutenant's top description line says "born in 150, died in 180 (old age)".
But in fact, this character died of old age in 174 (it's a very short-lived race), was raised as an undead lieutenant, fought in various battles and was finally struck down by a mouse brute in 180.

So, it should either say "died in 174 (old age)" or "died in 180 (struck)" (or both).

I understand it's a bug but also I think it is kind of cool: imagine when one such necromancer\lieutenant is struck down, the spell is broken, and they immediately wither away, as all those missed years come crashing on

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2020, 04:32:59 am »

Loading the xml file in gives a popup saying "There was an error loading this XML file! Do you wish to attempt a repair?"

Selecting yes gives a Microsoft .NET Framework Exception: https://pastebin.com/5eTxq3EQ

If you select continue the program does nothing and never loads the legends file.

The XML files I used along with my world gen parameters can be found here if you need them: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14913

The ZIP you provided only includes the two XML files.
To look into your problem I need all of these files:

Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml (if you have this file)
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

Did you give your dwarves custom names that include special characters? If that is the case, your problem could be this bug.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2020, 04:51:48 am »

There was a bug in some recent DFHack builds, where exportlegends produced invalid XML data. It looks like it's been fixed already, so it should work if you try a newer build.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2020, 07:23:43 am »

There is a couple of corrections of the exportlegends script in the pipeline awaiting acceptance.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2020, 05:24:51 am »

There was a bug in some recent DFHack builds, where exportlegends produced invalid XML data. It looks like it's been fixed already, so it should work if you try a newer build.

Yeah, I debugged with @Conor891 files, and it is exactly this error:
<historical_event>
<id>1161</id>
<type>body_abused</type>
<bodies>359</bodies>
<bodies>363</bodies>
<bodies>365</bodies>
<bodies>366</bodies>
<bodies>469</bodies>
<bodies>471</bodies>
<bodies>476</bodies>
<bodies>617</bodies>
<bodies>648</bodies>
<civ>83</civ>
<histfig>-1</histfig>
<site>118</site>
<abuse_type>1</abuse_type>
        --> <abuse_data><history_event_body_abusedst.T_abuse_data: 0000024565093F40></abuse_data>
</historical_event>

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2020, 05:25:06 am »

It seems Legends Viewer is rather unhappy with childhood friendships. Whenever I've tried to look at units having these there's an unhandled exception. It can be noted that war buddies work just fine. As an aside, DF itself has had issues with several such units (not this one, though), refusing to acknowledge the existence of that HF, while still showing the HF's name as a childhood friend of the other party.

Here's a snipped from the standard Legends export file from the section of one such HF. I suspect you have loads of these in the files you have available, but if not I can provide you with the files I've used (I don't think it matters, but I've also exported Legends_Plus).

<historical_figure>
<id>67445</id>
<name>usmok strifeplunge</name>
:
<vague_relationship>
<childhood_friend/>
<hfid>67666</hfid>
</vague_relationship>

Edit: Also issues with scholar_buddy:
<vague_relationship>
<scholar_buddy/>
<hfid>4195</hfid>
</vague_relationship>
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:00:02 am by PatrikLundell »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2020, 08:06:56 am »

It seems Legends Viewer is rather unhappy with childhood friendships. Whenever I've tried to look at units having these there's an unhandled exception. It can be noted that war buddies work just fine. As an aside, DF itself has had issues with several such units (not this one, though), refusing to acknowledge the existence of that HF, while still showing the HF's name as a childhood friend of the other party.

Here's a snipped from the standard Legends export file from the section of one such HF. I suspect you have loads of these in the files you have available, but if not I can provide you with the files I've used (I don't think it matters, but I've also exported Legends_Plus).

<historical_figure>
<id>67445</id>
<name>usmok strifeplunge</name>
:
<vague_relationship>
<childhood_friend/>
<hfid>67666</hfid>
</vague_relationship>

Edit: Also issues with scholar_buddy:
<vague_relationship>
<scholar_buddy/>
<hfid>4195</hfid>
</vague_relationship>

I tried to reproduce your problem with vanilla DF and with the latest build I found from DFHack and I can load the pages of historical figures with childhood friends or scholar buddies or any other vague relationship without issues.

I used the Windows64 builds of DF and DFHack.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2020, 02:07:17 pm »

Thanks for trying. I've zipped up the files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/80taz9tl6dz108o/DF_47_04.zip?dl=0. The files were produced using my version of exportlegends.lua, which I believe is the current one.

Edit:
An amusing entry (from the same export) :Look at Zan Gulfcloistered :) DF Legends Mode has the relations reversed...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:25:15 pm by PatrikLundell »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2020, 04:00:03 pm »

Thanks for trying. I've zipped up the files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/80taz9tl6dz108o/DF_47_04.zip?dl=0. The files were produced using my version of exportlegends.lua, which I believe is the current one.

Edit:
An amusing entry (from the same export) :Look at Zan Gulfcloistered :) DF Legends Mode has the relations reversed...

Thanks, the problem were not the vague relationships but printing the race of culled unimportant historical figures in the nodes of family trees.
I don't use advanced world gen in my test worlds and therefore have never set [CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:1]. There is often missing information in such worlds that lead to bugs.  :(

Haha, still have to look into the problem of the duck that became the owner of that dwarf.  ;D

GamingMasterAnthony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 14, 2020, 03:32:38 pm »

is there a way to look up unit ids with Legends Viewer? im playing adventure mode and i kinda want to teleport straight to my target (it doesnt help that its across an ocean)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 15, 2020, 07:17:59 am »

is there a way to look up unit ids with Legends Viewer? im playing adventure mode and i kinda want to teleport straight to my target (it doesnt help that its across an ocean)
I doubt that information is exported.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 15, 2020, 10:02:17 am »

I doubt that information is exported.
Historical figure IDs are exported in the vanilla export - does that help?
<historical_figures>
        <historical_figure>
                <id>0</id>
My understanding is that unit IDs are only meaningful in an active game, so you might not be able to get them from legends mode.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31