Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 236632 times)

GamingMasterAnthony

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.03 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #345 on: March 15, 2020, 03:14:55 pm »

is there a way to look up unit ids with Legends Viewer? im playing adventure mode and i kinda want to teleport straight to my target (it doesnt help that its across an ocean)
I doubt that information is exported.

is there a way to look up unit ids with Legends Viewer? im playing adventure mode and i kinda want to teleport straight to my target (it doesnt help that its across an ocean)
I doubt that information is exported.
Historical figure IDs are exported in the vanilla export - does that help?
Code: [Select]
<historical_figures>
        <historical_figure>
                <id>0</id>
My understanding is that unit IDs are only meaningful in an active game, so you might not be able to get them from legends mode.

Ah, well, thanks anyways

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:42 pm »

And what looks to be a rather obvious bug. Sorry for the lack of clear description - its one of those things you need to get up close and personal with, from my experience so far.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:39:13 am by Silverwing235 »

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2020, 03:21:05 pm »

Is anyone else seeing crazy long load times?  Or possibly freezes.  It doesn't seem to get past "Event Collections".   This is with an exportlegends export, and the legends.xml is around 5 gigs.  Which is insane, but I am under the impression that Legends Viewer can handle this. 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2020, 04:13:13 pm »

Is anyone else seeing crazy long load times?  Or possibly freezes.  It doesn't seem to get past "Event Collections".   This is with an exportlegends export, and the legends.xml is around 5 gigs.  Which is insane, but I am under the impression that Legends Viewer can handle this. 
The larger the amount of text in the XML, the longer it takes to load, and then it takes time to sort out all the linkage (I assume that's what's happening). Use the task manager (or whatever your OS calls it) to see if the tool keeps allocating memory, in which case it's probably still working on it. Also note that if you're running low on physical memory the swap file will be used, at that one runs at hard disk speed, not memory speed.

The largest file I've got is about 3 GB, and it takes a fair while to load, but does get the job done.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2020, 05:30:35 pm »

That might be what is happening.  I have previously rarely had them larger than a couple gigs; with the newest version of DF I think I'm seeing a size significantly larger in the legends now.   
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 29, 2020, 07:16:16 pm »

I have the same issue, it's been unable to pass the Event Collections stage on a 107mg zip file. Same thing on the unzipped version which is about 2 gigs.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2020, 03:43:43 am »

I have the same issue, it's been unable to pass the Event Collections stage on a 107mg zip file. Same thing on the unzipped version which is about 2 gigs.
I'm finding regular Legends takes a fairly long time to load but does eventually, while Legends plus Dfhack extra takes so long I've forgotten what is was I was opening it up for by the time it eventually appears.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2020, 06:21:28 am »

The next version should be faster at loading the "event collections" section.
Since DF 0.47.XX the "battle" event collections have a lot more information and happen a lot more frequently, thats why it takes so long to load.
Even with the loading performance fix I made for the next version, it will take longer than with exports of older DF versions, but I hope you will see a noticable improvement.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:13 am »

The next version should be faster at loading the "event collections" section.
Since DF 0.47.XX the "battle" event collections have a lot more information and happen a lot more frequently, thats why it takes so long to load.
Even with the loading performance fix I made for the next version, it will take longer than with exports of older DF versions, but I hope you will see a noticable improvement.
Excellent news. Such a good util that I always I put up with the wait (even if I have finished my game and am watching TV by the time it shows up)  :)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 30, 2020, 10:31:58 am »

I'm finding regular Legends takes a fairly long time to load but does eventually, while Legends plus Dfhack extra takes so long I've forgotten what is was I was opening it up for by the time it eventually appears.

I let it go for 30 minutes yesterday. How long is a 'fairly long time' on your end?

Update: I started it to try again, it finished in 1704 secs (28.4 mins), so pretty significant wait, but not frozen. I must have stopped it right before it finished yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:06:39 am by Pillbo »

Nukesnipe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »

So I made a very old, very large world with a 2 gig xml file.  It takes a solid 10 minutes to load into the viewer, but after that everything tends to work... except for civilizations.  I can't view larger civilizations (like, say, my current fort's civilization) at all.  Looking in task manager, it's eating up like 3600 megs of RAM for like 20 minutes before it stops using much RAM at all, but it doesn't load anything, just keeps a blank screen.
Anything I can do to fix it?  I wanna make statues commemorating my civilization's great deeds and conflicts.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2020, 02:42:15 pm »

A heads up: Yesterday the df.history.xml file was changed in a way that causes Legends Viewer to reject the plus file: The history event "hist_figure_wounded" field "part_lost" was changed from an integer to a boolean, and it appears the parser doesn't like when it's not a numeric value, but rather the text "true"/"false".

I verified the cause by changing the script (locally) to omit that field, and that change causes the tool to accept the file.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 01, 2020, 03:11:47 am »

So I made a very old, very large world with a 2 gig xml file.  It takes a solid 10 minutes to load into the viewer, but after that everything tends to work... except for civilizations.  I can't view larger civilizations (like, say, my current fort's civilization) at all.  Looking in task manager, it's eating up like 3600 megs of RAM for like 20 minutes before it stops using much RAM at all, but it doesn't load anything, just keeps a blank screen.
Anything I can do to fix it?  I wanna make statues commemorating my civilization's great deeds and conflicts.

Sadly, I think this is because of the sheer amount of events and is nothing that can be easily fixed.
But I think as a workaround you could open the "Civ and entities" Tab and there go to the "Events" Tab, click on "Deselect All"

Now you should be able to open the pages of the civilization. You can then selectively enable various event types to display their entries in the event log, but do not enable all events at the same time.

A heads up: Yesterday the df.history.xml file was changed in a way that causes Legends Viewer to reject the plus file: The history event "hist_figure_wounded" field "part_lost" was changed from an integer to a boolean, and it appears the parser doesn't like when it's not a numeric value, but rather the text "true"/"false".

I verified the cause by changing the script (locally) to omit that field, and that change causes the tool to accept the file.
Thanks, I updated the parser so it can handle integers and booleans for this property. Will be in the next version.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.04 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #358 on: April 01, 2020, 03:34:15 am »

New Release 1.20.04!

Download here!

Source!

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
# Bugfixes + Performance Improvements

### Performance
- parsing event collections should be faster
- parsing historical figures should be faster

### Enhancements
- updated hf_wounded event that it can handle integers and booleans for the part_lost property

### Bugfixes
- resurrected undead are no longer falsely classified as necromancers
- crash fix for culled unimportant historical figures in family tree
- corrected the race string in curse lineage trees
- fixed crash when opening battles where the attacker or defender entity has no site

**Note:**
Use 'exportlegends info' or 'exportlegends all' of [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) to get lots and lots more info and less UNKNOWN data. The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in the Lazy Newb Pack for exporting the additional XML file!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.04 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #359 on: April 01, 2020, 06:02:27 am »

Oh, yes that seems to load pretty quickly (non dfhack legends).
Thanks!

--later edit
- Nice to see intelligent undead not listed as necromancers.
Spotted another incident of "died in 69 (old age)" whereas the truth is "died in 50 (old age), died again in 69 (struck)".
DFHack version also seems quick to load. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:19:27 am by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31