Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are dances in detail like this normal?  (Read 2061 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are dances in detail like this normal?
« on: December 13, 2015, 01:56:06 pm »

It even has a detail for the music a few lines down. Are all dances so elaborately generated?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are dances in detail like this normal?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »

I wonder if you can force dwarfs to fall in love through dancing.  :P This dance sounds about right for the purpose.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »

They vary quite a bit in their complexity.  That one is particularly elaborate, though.  6-10 descriptive lines seems to be more normal in my experience.

I guess generated dances are like artifact engravings in that way.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:42:58 pm »

So if I'm reading this right a significant part of this dance is the dwarves getting into two circular chorus lines while glaring furiously and sieg heiling.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »

So if I'm reading this right a significant part of this dance is the dwarves getting into two circular chorus lines while glaring furiously and sieg heiling.
Prepare to be sigged, Sirvente!
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.