Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants leaving early, and suiciding off waterfalls.  (Read 853 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Merchants leaving early, and suiciding off waterfalls.
« on: December 12, 2015, 11:24:32 pm »

I forgot to build a depot, and it said the wagons bypassed my inaccessible site. So I construct one shortly after and some merchants still came and set up. However, when the message about them leaving soon came, they immediately left. It was two merchants each with a pack horse. As far as I can tell they left behind some of what I sold them and some things I didn't buy from them.

Anyone else experienced this before?

EDIT:

The next spring, some elves came to trade. They decided to try and go over the rim of a waterfall where the water was 2/3 and 3/3 deep, and they and their horses got swept over the edge by the current. Sploosh, crunch, blub blub blub...

Meanwhile my fisherdwarves and visitors have cleverly went the long way around all this time, safely.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:39:41 am by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

maqertas

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWIMS_INNATE]
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants leaving early, and suiciding off waterfalls.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 11:52:45 am »

I had something similar happen in my fortress. Human merchants came, I traded a few things and suddenly, without any message (it might have gotten lost in the job-cancel spam though) they packed up and jumped into a nearby water reservoir.