Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: DF Song Converted to IRL Song!  (Read 18800 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Song Converted to IRL Song!
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2015, 02:05:36 pm »

Seconding the above. It should be something you get used to. I didn't like Cruxshadows first time I listened to them, then they wound up becoming my favorite band for years.

JellyfishGreen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

I like this.  Both the two-instrument Suitor and the beat poet in the bathtub. :D

At first when I heard the dwarves were creating random music and art I thought it was just more background flavour, but you turning it into IRL music is like breaching another level of the Matrix altogether.

In 2050 our artists will always have to credit their AI co-composers, who will appear in an avatar form of their own choosing, fashionable or not.
Ginzu retracting menacing steel spike - fireproof, waterproof, self-sharpening with every lever pull!

AgentNos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2016, 10:45:46 am »

If it sounds a close to how the game says it should then that'd be better, most cultures have different sounding music that our own culture may not like the sound of so this is pure dwarven music and it's bound to sound different!
I may have to scout around in my game and find something, I'd love to have a bash at this!

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 08:12:57 am »

I love it. it would really add some flavor to DF if there were more of these songs.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 12:37:59 pm »

PTW, I wanna hear more dwarven folksongs.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

musicmastermsh

• Bay Watcher
  • likes procedurally generated music
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 08:44:53 am »

Has anybody taken one of these procedural songs and had it played entirely by live musicians instead of synth?

Related question - where are y'all finding these descriptions of songs, dwarven theory and song forms? I haven't found them in legends yet, and I'm starting a project for which I'd like to have a large number of song forms from the same world available to me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:09 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2016, 12:42:48 am »

Has anybody taken one of these procedural songs and had it played entirely by live musicians instead of synth?

Related question - where are y'all finding these descriptions of songs, dwarven theory and song forms? I haven't found them in legends yet, and I'm starting a project for which I'd like to have a large number of song forms from the same world available to me.

They're looking in-game during activities.

I'll probably write an exporter for all music forms of the world as soon as that structure is all mapped out. If I can get to the point where I can figure it out, I'll also write a thing to write out the rhythms, scales and chord structures too, since those are described in sufficient detail to write as MIDI AFAIK.

musicmastermsh

• Bay Watcher
  • likes procedurally generated music
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2016, 12:20:47 pm »

I'll probably write an exporter for all music forms of the world as soon as that structure is all mapped out.

<3

A thousand times this! I've got an actual orchestra that would play some of this music if I can arrange it for them. If anyone else has gone there already, I'd love to talk/hear about it/etc.

Pootis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2016, 06:55:47 am »

"Sorry, the requested media could not be found. It may have expired or been deleted."

Could you please post the audio somewhere it won't expire?
For posterity's sake.
Also, I want to hear it.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2016, 04:52:12 pm »

This sounds interesting. I'd like to hear what some music on some weird scales sounds like.

Onigato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2016, 03:35:34 am »

"Sorry, the requested media could not be found. It may have expired or been deleted."

For posterity's sake.
Also, I want to hear it.

Motion Seconded! Perhaps to the YouTubes?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2016, 06:12:26 am »

For posterity's sake.
Also, I want to hear it.

Motion Seconded! Perhaps to the YouTubes?
I third this motion. Is spotify an option?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2016, 08:39:25 pm »

How did I miss this thread. I would love to hear the results. The links appear to have expired.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2016, 01:40:07 pm »

Yes, expired links.  If the OP would post their frocess for turning the descriptions into acoustics, then others may be able to replicate the process. (Possibly even write a program to do so automatically, then port it to "Soundsense", so that it will play that tune when it is being played during the game...)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7