Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too many civs of one race.  (Read 1269 times)

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Too many civs of one race.
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:27:06 am »

I'm having issues at worldgen. Some of my civs are straight-up not spawning, while others are spawning way too much.

In both examples I used the same raws (3 custom civs + the default ones). Yet for some reason, in the first example there are 10 elven civs, 10 human civs and 10 kobold civs while the rest are 5 civs or less. And in the second one, there are again tons of elves, humans and kobolds but one of my custom races didn't even appear, and the rest have 3 or less civs.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? And/or a way to correct it, so that civ numbers are equal for each race?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too many civs of one race.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:54:12 am »

What are the MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER tokens of each of the civs?

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:24:50 am »

What are the MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER tokens of each of the civs?

100 for orcs, gnolls, elves, dwarves, humans, goblins and kobolds. 1000 for drow.
Freaks.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »

Are you sure that [CREATURE:ELF], [CREATURE:HUMAN], and [CREATURE:KOBOLD] didn't get carried over into your other entity files when copy-pasting?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 03:18:04 pm »

The problem probably has to do with [START_BIOME]s. I've had this happen too. I have drow in my modded files, and together with dwarves they have the same start biome, so most of the time there's only like 2 drow civs and 3 dwarf civs because they have to share the already somewhat rare mountain biomes, while the humans and elves have over 15 of their easy to find forests and plains based civilizations.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 08:18:13 pm »

Are you sure that [CREATURE:ELF], [CREATURE:HUMAN], and [CREATURE:KOBOLD] didn't get carried over into your other entity files when copy-pasting?
You mean into the custom entities? No, they haven't.
The problem probably has to do with [START_BIOME]s. I've had this happen too. I have drow in my modded files, and together with dwarves they have the same start biome, so most of the time there's only like 2 drow civs and 3 dwarf civs because they have to share the already somewhat rare mountain biomes, while the humans and elves have over 15 of their easy to find forests and plains based civilizations.
Ohh. I did some testing and this appears to have been the issue - increasing the number of mountains at worldgen and adding some more start biomes to the custom entities gives me a normal number of civs per race (though elves still outnumber everyone else). Thanks!
Freaks.