Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "I need a drink"  (Read 1521 times)

mispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"I need a drink"
« on: December 11, 2015, 12:06:13 am »

An appropriate response to being dismembered, really.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: "I need a drink"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:26:53 am »

bonus points for finishing the fight by pummeling it to death with a flask of booze
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:07 am »

Wait... the Axe Lord is swinging an Exceptional steel battle axe against a goblin that's got a Masterful steel battle axe embedded in it?  Where did the second axe come from?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:11:10 am »

My guess would be that pulling your spare battleaxe from your backpack and swinging it, while the other one is stuck costs less action points and has better damage than pulling on the stuck one. Only start pulling on stuck weapons once you run out of spare ones in your backpack.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:17:03 am »

Wait... the Axe Lord is swinging an Exceptional steel battle axe against a goblin that's got a Masterful steel battle axe embedded in it?  Where did the second axe come from?
There's no rule that says only one Axe Lord can attack a goblin at the same time.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

mispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:01:01 pm »

There's no rule that says only one Axe Lord can attack a goblin at the same time.

The goblin is quite outnumbered, indeed. More reason to need a drink.