Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do vampires drink booze in this release?  (Read 2937 times)

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do vampires drink booze in this release?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »

And then, every scholar becomes a necro?

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 03:21:08 pm »

And then, every scholar becomes a necro?
Scholars actually spend more time pondering and discussing than reading, but the other dwarves will flock to the library to read available books in their free time.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 04:19:12 pm »

Necro books in a library :)
Yeah, necromants are now wielding them sometimes. You can buy it from caravan for 2k urists and if you are really not patient you can just start your adventure and bring some book to your library. It's quite funny when you are coming back with necromanter book only for you citizens (do not let others to get your precious book, because They like to take it with them). Sadly, even when you will rent a room in adv mode and reclaim your fortress your adventurer will be hostile to your folks.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 06:29:55 pm »

Necro books in a library :)
Yeah, necromants are now wielding them sometimes. You can buy it from caravan for 2k urists and if you are really not patient you can just start your adventure and bring some book to your library. It's quite funny when you are coming back with necromanter book only for you citizens (do not let others to get your precious book, because They like to take it with them). Sadly, even when you will rent a room in adv mode and reclaim your fortress your adventurer will be hostile to your folks.

I think that you need to have your adventurer petition the leader of the fort for membership, and then they'll be normal citizens on resume of the fort mode.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 08:07:37 am »

Well, in my necromancer fort none of the necros are drinking booze, despite the working tavern. They are moving much more slowly than the unenlightened, and a few of them are getting distracted by the lack of booze.

The bigger concern is their slowness, since that's multiplying their distractions: It takes them so long to move around that by the time they've met one need (like worshipping, socializing, or doing something creative) they're already distracted because it's been so long since their last need was met.
This may have been because of issues in 42.02, my necromancers are all currently enjoying the effects of inebriation thanks to the tavern.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 08:28:23 pm »

That's encouraging! My guys have been moving so slowly from the lack of booze it's been impacting all sorts of things. Maybe I just need a better tavern keeper or two...

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 05:34:14 am »

I know you mean well, but this strikes me as a little condescending. I think a good number of us understand how vampires work (everyone who has posted has been a part of the forum for >1 year).

Way to go to get offended because I clarified a non-obvious drawback of vampires at a time when tons of new players will be picking up DF because of a new release. Are you that insecure?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:54 am »

I know you mean well, but this strikes me as a little condescending. I think a good number of us understand how vampires work (everyone who has posted has been a part of the forum for >1 year).

Way to go to get offended because I clarified a non-obvious drawback of vampires at a time when tons of new players will be picking up DF because of a new release. Are you that insecure?
Someone sounds offended, but it's not Ysyua.

Misunderstanding or not, Ysyua stated his opinion politely. Your reply, on the other hand, reeks of passive aggression.

I suspect the change in behavior comes as a result of the new needs system, rather than any intentional fix on Toady's part. I'm pretty sure dwarves can now get drunk because they have nothing better to do, rather than just as a response to low thirst.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:12:40 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 [2]