Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: v42 oddities  (Read 1003 times)

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
v42 oddities
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:55:27 pm »

I've seen a few things come up in posts here about either bugs that are still pending resolution or just strangeness that I'm hoping anyone could expand on. The list I have so far is as follows

• Military units are having issues with equipment
  • Dwarfs trying to make books from spiderweb. I understand this was a simple tag correction
  • Individuals in the fort of different races can cause loyalty conflicts

Were any of these resolved with 42.02?
Could someone expand on the loyalty issues, from the post I'd seen it was due to a bar fight.

I just hate it when I really get into a new fort to find something that I didn't know about a bug or otherwise that makes the poor fortress implode.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: v42 oddities
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 04:58:29 pm »

The military equipment problem is fixed for 0.42.03, not yet released.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:08:05 pm »

I haven't played the new version yet, but.
Equipment has always been weird, my understanding is it became totally broken in the new ver and is on the bugfix release schedule.
No clue about spiderweb books, id assume you're right about the tag thing since paper is mashed thread stuff and webs are thread.
There's a dude in a different thread with a fort-wide fistfight after his CotG punched his wife in a bar and the whole guard squad joined in and got their asses beat by some smiths, so it not just different races.
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 05:09:50 pm »

I believe the spider web thing has been solved in the upcoming version as well.

I'd say having the fortress go down the drain due to a bug is a valid reason to save scum. However, your save might already be doomed...

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »

The barfights are probably intentional consequences of the deepened personality system. The silk stuff either fixed this time, or more likely will be fixed with 42.03. There's a workaround mentioned on one of the devlogs from the past few days, if you don't mind modding. The armor stuff will also be fixed with 42.03.

I haven't run into any bugs other than the armor one.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 05:40:17 pm »

I believe the spider web thing has been solved in the upcoming version as well.

I'd say having the fortress go down the drain due to a bug is a valid reason to save scum. However, your save might already be doomed...
Spider web bug can also be fixed yourself right now, Toady mentions how on the front page.

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:37:04 pm »

Spider web bug can also be fixed yourself right now, Toady mentions how on the front page.

I knew I'd seen a fix for that but I just couldn't remember where.

Is there anything else outstanding at the moment that anyone can think of beyond these three? It seems like two of them have been or are pending a fix and that the loyalty conflict is working as intended.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 12:45:35 am »

You can see the list of bugs fixed in the next release (though not yet fixed in the current release) here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php