Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Walk into one of the new catacombs under a massive town. Find a coffin with a body in it. Pick something up in a nearby room to wake the mummy. Leave your companions to fight and

Has done this
- 13 (61.9%)
Has not done this
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 12, 2015, 10:52:18 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode  (Read 46631 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Thing Ever Done in Adventure Mode
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2015, 08:40:43 pm »

Is it possible to lure megabeasts out of their lairs and into towns/camps?
yes
It is not however easy.

In one of the 10k megabeast worlds I managed to get to generate I led a swarm of like 400 Rocs into a fortress... it wasn't pretty.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2015, 08:57:37 pm »

I remember that!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »

Wait, what?
I need to know more about this.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2016, 11:42:58 am »

My favorite tactic was to stab bandits in the throat while they were sleeping, then strangle them to death.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2016, 01:03:57 pm »

My favorite tactic was to stab bandits in the throat while they were sleeping, then strangle them to death.

Meh, it's not really THAT horrible. I do that to people who I knock unconscious all the time as a vampire, usually when I have to feed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2016, 02:02:30 pm »

I like to practice blunt weapon skills by breaking people's spines, then turning them into pulp. Sometimes they last so long they pass out from exhaustion.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »

I like to practice blunt weapon skills by breaking people's spines, then turning them into pulp. Sometimes they last so long they pass out from exhaustion.

Heh. Start with their fingers and toes. Work your way up. :V

Also, here's a thought...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2016, 08:10:57 pm »

I think it might - heads and other reanimated body parts not attached to the lower body are considered gelded, so I'm guessing if you modded in those parts it would show up properly.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2016, 10:01:56 am »

No. I've chopped zombies' lower bodies off and their profile(?) says they are gelded, but the game doesn't announce it.

Also, it's way too much work to individually target every limb and appendage. I'd rather just auto-attack until dead, then move on to the next guy.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2016, 12:16:08 pm »

I can confirm that adding in geldable organs and chopping them off results in the creature being gelded, but does not give you the message.

(My bob-ombs fuses are geldable so you can tell whether or not they are capable of exploding.  Stop looking at me like that.)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2016, 02:22:26 pm »

No. I've chopped zombies' lower bodies off and their profile(?) says they are gelded, but the game doesn't announce it.

Also, it's way too much work to individually target every limb and appendage. I'd rather just auto-attack until dead, then move on to the next guy.

I'm guessing the game doesn't announce it if the body part with the geldable part is structurally damaged or severed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2016, 12:39:40 am »

I can confirm that adding in geldable organs and chopping them off results in the creature being gelded, but does not give you the message.

(My bob-ombs fuses are geldable so you can tell whether or not they are capable of exploding.  Stop looking at me like that.)

So you fire them up and the explode? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59:35 am »

Let's see ... worst moral thing I've ever done is (in 31.25, mind you) lead an army of 20ish children of all different races into HFS (I made a fort that was basically just a tunnel down there specifically for this purpose) and watch them get slaughtered by clowns. When any of them tried to escape back up the stairs I'd either break their legs and let the clowns have them or grapple them while the nearest clown mauled them. Usually it'd try to maul me, but my character there has long since reached a level where it's easy to slaughter clowns with relative impunity.

Other than that?
Generally when I get into fights with humanoids it's boring as hell since it's impossible to hit me. So I punch out their teeth and break their toes and fingers with them. I don't kill them though, it's not fun doing that anymore. And the mining pick I use to kill things doesn't deserve to have their paltry names on its kill list.

I don't really play much on that character anymore. When I do I mostly don't do my own killing anymore. Instead I recruit some random shmuck and go wander the wilderness with him or her. Trial by fire. If they're losing against some being, I kill it myself, then break their arms and legs and leave them to die of exposure in the wild. I hope to one day raise a warrior as great as the one I control, but so far no one's really had the ability to rise to my expectations.

Admittedly it's in an edition far outdated from the current one, but this is one of the things I love about DF - it let me take some random guy and develop him into a great warrior looking to raise someone to his level out of boredom with everything he currently faces. I can't think of any other game that lets me do something like that entirely dynamically.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:28 am »

Killed a elven princess after doing all her housework and killing local pests, she claimed I was a murderer so I suffocated her with one hand while fending off her cohorts with the other, I then chopped off her head, put it in my poke stripped her naked and burnt her trees, I then walked halfway across the world to an active volcano and threw her head into armoks blood jumping in after it.
I was an elf so I guess thats bad?
Or its the one when I removed all the arms of all the farmers in a village, suprisingly most survived.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 08:47:36 pm »

Worst thing I ever did...
Sorta had a wierd thing where Ide cut off small bits of my oponents to keep as trophies.
Yeah... Im lame... Give me a bit I'll do something better.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14