Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Large Armor for Humans  (Read 4677 times)

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Large Armor for Humans
« on: December 09, 2015, 07:03:16 am »

Hi everyone,

I've been pondering a couple things since the .42.01 release and I was wondering if I am missing something.

1. Is it possible to craft Large Armor for our human mercenaries by default, or is that a future feature? It would be nice to not be limited to the random hodgepodge of gear the human merchants bring.

2. If not, is it possible to mod raws to be able to craft large armor for them, or would it be easier to mod humans down to dwarf size to wear dwarf armor?

Thanks!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Large Armor for Humans
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:19:56 am »

Quote from: 42.01 release notes:
Can set details for clothing/armor jobs to make them for other races that can equip items

I don't know the specifics.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:47:07 am »

according to the release notes of 42.01 you can

(*) Can set details for clothing/armor jobs to make them for other races that can equip items

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

That was one of my questions, has anyone figured out how to specify large armor? Maybe a hidden tab like x for extend when placing furniture. I'll have to check all the keys on my keyboard when I get home and I'll follow up unless someone else figured it out.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 04:40:09 pm »

My understanding was that the production options would expand when you get new sized residents in your fortress. Since visitors (apart from caravans) seem to be scared away by the goblin site in between them an me I haven't got any, so I can't check.

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »

After ordering for some piece of armor, click "d"etails on your forge workshop and you will see a large list of creatures you can build armor for. It will either designate the armor piece as small, blank, or large. Humans will get large armor. And any other creatures that wear large armor (sperm whale men) should be able to wear it too I think.

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 06:07:24 pm »

You are awesome thank you Codyo!!

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:19:36 pm »

Happy to help.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 07:47:21 pm »

Humans will get large armor. And any other creatures that wear large armor (sperm whale men) should be able to wear it too I think.
It's not that simple.
Capybara man and dwarf-sized pig tail tunics weigh different amounts (1Γ vs 2Γ) but each creature can wear the other's.
[...]
The acceptable range seems to possibly scale with the creature's size. A tick man (35000) can wear an otter man's (40000) clothes, but not vise versa. It's far too extensive and confusing for me to figure out at the moment.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

mispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 08:53:22 pm »

Keep in mind military armor assignment in general is bugged atm (fix scheduled for next release)