Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Massive Pathing Problems And Job Cancellation  (Read 468 times)

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Massive Pathing Problems And Job Cancellation
« on: December 08, 2015, 12:45:04 pm »

It's possible that I've encountered some sort of .42 bug, but I thought I would try and trouble shoot it first and see if anyone was having the same problem. I'm in the third year of my first fort. I started on 42.01 and then copied it over to 42.02. At some point i realized I was getting a ton of job cancellation spam because of "path not found." It just runs for pages and pages. I had had a civilian alert on earlier so I thought it was left over log from that, but it's ongoing. I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing this. At first I thought it started when I limited my tavern to Civilians and Long-term Residents only. Undoing that seemed to help it and it was good for awhile, but now it's been back for around a month or more. I've tried turning alerts on and off, rebuilding all of my stockpiles and anything else I can think of but it doesn't seem to help. One time when I turned tavern back to Citizens and Long Term Residents it seemed to only cancel the hunting jobs because of pathing issues. The rest came back when I turned the tavern back to everyone. Just recently I noticed that my minors refuse to mine tiles that they can easily reach, but I never get job cancellation messages from them.

Anyone else seeing anything like this, or have a clue how I might have caused something like this?

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Pathing Problems And Job Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 04:59:14 pm »

I was testing everything to try and get this thing fixed. I killed and redesignated my tavern. I turned off visitors for the tavern, library and all temples. I also started slaughtering my animals. The odd thing is that it all got better after a slaughtered one bull. It wasn't the first, but for some reason once he was killed everything started working right again.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 05:05:05 pm »

I've seen reports that bull headed animals generate severe FPS drops when they've decided to go through pet impassable doors and just keep trying. However, if dorfs try to haul the animal and can't for some obscure reason they might generate cancellation spam (but it should be related to that task), and while allocating and rejecting the same task over and over dorfs fail to perform otherwise easily performed ones.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:04:02 pm »

Interestingly, I had no restricted doors in this fort and yes cancellation spam was from a bunch of different jobs and stockpiles unrelated to my livestock. The one thing that comes to mind is that I recently gelded a large number of my animals. That would obviously cause a certain "job cancellation" for said bull. What if he wasn't giving up easily and was creating some sort of massive drain on system resources. Odd thing is that sometimes that drain would go down and only affect hunting jobs, which would have the longest pathing needs, especially in this mountain fort. Hmmmm... I have a save from when it was acting up. Do I need to create a Mantis login to post a bug? With the save Toady might be able to find it.