Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: RtDDD: roll to dimly, dangerously... dinfight? close enough  (Read 11031 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: who needs monsters when you have infighting
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 08:37:26 pm »

Go find Phil (or Jeff will do if I can't find Phil) and sing him a Song of Woe and Perhaps Healing But at Least if it Does Not Heal You You Shall Die Surrounded by Melodiousness as the Moment Comes.
[4+1] Blind Nigel launches into a self-accompanied song about a man who had his wounds poorly healed. It's a weirdly specific song! A therapeutic one, though; Phil is now [Fine].

Haha! Pain is good, it means alive. Loot the corpses, like a good wannabe Mongol, then...

North!
Grab the goblins of the outposts' crap.

((Dude, could you, like, use a different die or something?
[2][6] Phil doesn't find any armour. Swordsmen prefer to fight light, it seems. While he's searching, Sylvarris swipes the goblins' (rusty) swords. Unfortunately, in his haste to obtain them (who cares that much about rusty swords?) he cuts himself! Fortunately, the cut isn't deep enough to disrupt his chakras or (more importantly) his status.

Phil spends too much time looting (or trying to, at least) to travel north.

I loot the corpses in the statue room.
[5]You get a rusty sword, a bow (with arrows), and a cobweb-draped sword! The cobweb-draped sword is making creepy noises. You're not sure you want it.

Rethink my decision of throwing my Khopesh at the guy floating. Choose not too. Swim over to the left side.
[6] Kies swims so swimmingly that, uh, he becomes a fish feels slightly sad that he has to stop swimming. Tragic.

Tell Jim to leave the two to their squabbling, go over to the guard post.
[3] Jim is sad that he has to go—demons love a good argument—but he complies. He and [name] walk travel to the guardpost.

Stop, drop, and roll.
[2] oh god why are summoner robes so flammable

Continue using Ze healing on the barbarian till they stop writhing in pain.
[6] Unable to find any actual wounds, Aralak's spell instead targets Phil's nose and mouth. Phil is now [Suffocating].

Quickly swim away in pain and, using all of my incredible luck, manage to obtain the shield from the bloody twat who floated over the water.
Seriously, I need that shield. I die way too f*cking often.
That shield is already in my inventory! Use telekinesis to drown this guy, and preferably anyone else who tries their hand at thievery, too. Use the fancy loot to defend myself if need be.

Should my attack become irrelevant, simply go back the way I came. Telekinetically uproot the statue if I've got time.

[3-2+1][5] Jeff flails around. Alexander decides that flailing people are dumb, and dunks him under the water—but that only makes him flail more! Truly, the action of a madman.

Jeff is now [Drowning]. Alexander is now [Tired].

Insanity Beam (focus my Sacred Air on) anyone who tries to steal this guy's loot.
[2] Steve tries to focus Sacred Air, but he can't, both because he's a terrible ghost and because Sacred Air is a slight, passive effect that discourages only the dungeon's denizens. Adventures aren't denizens—well, okay, some of them might be, but they don't live in the dungeon, at least. Probably.

[6] The alligator manages to projectile vomit the leg, saving itself from an embarrassing death. The leg splatters all over the wall; looks like the alligator's going to go hungry tonight.

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2015, 08:47:54 pm »

I GET THE FucK oUt of the WAteR rigHT NoW!!!1!!!!!11! Hopefully...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 09:26:51 pm »

Go down the passage behind the guard post.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:04:09 am by LordBrassroast »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »

Ask Bob the Illusionist ((Palu)) to swap the arrows for 1 of the swords I have.
Spoiler: GM response (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 10:56:56 pm »

Find water. Then place the tome a few feet away from the water's edge, and jump in.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2015, 12:41:42 am »

Sing a Very Loud Song to Facilitate Breathing. (it is a happy song) (aim it particularly at Phil and Jeff, moving if required)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2015, 01:19:44 am »

Haha! Suffocation! Hold my breath until I can breathe again! Do some mock swordplay to encourage bloodflow!

((Looting, which is a very barbaric thing, honestly, should get a +1, I think. Barbarism is a lifestyle, you know.))

blazing glory

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 02:00:31 am »

Go the the southern room!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2015, 06:22:59 pm »

Maybe I'm going about this wrong. What if I do it passive-aggressively? That's something for later, though. Unless...

Insanity Beam the stone that's holding the statue down (it's a denizen of the dungeon, right?). Since it can't move, its only way to leave is to spontaneously self-destruct.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2015, 07:46:00 pm »

The guy who's drowning is in desperate need of a clear mind. Use [mind blast] to ensure he doesn't get any thoughts.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2015, 01:37:58 am »

((If still okay to join))
CHAD THE ROOT OF EVIL
CHAD IS THE MAN WHO IS SO MUCH OF A DICK THAT HE GAINS POWER FROM DOING THE MOST HORRIBLE THING HE CAN THINK OF AND EVERYBAD THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED CHADS DOING!
Punch someone
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 03:12:01 am »

oh shit. uh... well, at least his corpse won't decompose because it's sealed now..
Wait for the poor sod to die and respawn at the statue. bring him his stuff, and then reanimate the corpse that used to be him.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: roll to dimly, dangerously... dinfight? close enough
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2015, 01:23:44 pm »

Find water. Then place the tome a few feet away from the water's edge, and jump in.
[1] Dee trips over his flaming robes; as he falls, the Tome of Summoning escapes his loose grip and flies through the door. He doesn't see what happens to it—his head is on fire—but he hears a splash.

If he doesn't stop rolling ones, Dee will burn to death next turn.

Maybe I'm going about this wrong. What if I do it passive-aggressively? That's something for later, though. Unless...

Insanity Beam the stone that's holding the statue down (it's a denizen of the dungeon, right?). Since it can't move, its only way to leave is to spontaneously self-destruct.
[2] no

Go down the passage behind the guard post.
[4] Sylvarris sprints down the passage. Before he makes it ten feet, he encounters goblins! They're travelling in single file—the passage is pretty narrow—so he can't tell how many there are, but he can tell that they're angry!

Go the the southern room!

[4] Joe walks through the door. He don't walk with a stumble; he don't walk with grace. He walks through the door normally—he's just that dull.

Looking around, it seems to be a storage room; the bottom-left corner is full of crates, with a few more scattered around. The room is almost as dull as Joe is! There is a door to the south.

LEFT!
[4] Kies uses his DRACONIC SPEED to move through an entire room in one tu—wait, no, anyone could do that.

Kies walks through the statue room, because this is the boring turn; since it's the boring turn, anyone who submits an interesting action suffers a -1 penalty. Kies, cleverly predicting this, did something boring.

Except that that's all false; Kies is just a boring person. Boo.

Haha! Suffocation! Hold my breath until I can breathe again! Do some mock swordplay to encourage bloodflow!

((Looting, which is a very barbaric thing, honestly, should get a +1, I think. Barbarism is a lifestyle, you know.))
I GET THE FucK oUt of the WAteR rigHT NoW!!!1!!!!!11! Hopefully...
Sing a Very Loud Song to Facilitate Breathing. (it is a happy song) (aim it particularly at Phil and Jeff, moving if required)
The guy who's drowning is in desperate need of a clear mind. Use [mind blast] to ensure he doesn't get any thoughts.
[1+1-2][1][5][6] Nigel's song—a song so loud, its sound waves push air around!—gives Jeff and Phil some assistance breathing: assistance that, surprisingly, they desperately needed. It doesn't help Jeff get out of the water, though. Jeff and Phil's death timers do not tick down this turn.

It also doesn't help Jeff escape Alexander's Mind Blast. A surprisingly strong blast wipes out Jeff; he's [KO'D]. The blast's strength surprised even Alexander, though; the energy required renders him [Exhausted].

Finally, Phil, attempting to improve his circulation, stabs himself in the foot. Uh, oops.

((If still okay to join))
CHAD THE ROOT OF EVIL
CHAD IS THE MAN WHO IS SO MUCH OF A DICK THAT HE GAINS POWER FROM DOING THE MOST HORRIBLE THING HE CAN THINK OF AND EVERYBAD THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED CHADS DOING!
Punch someone

Chad, Root of Evil, is incredibly evil. Who could really blame him, though: with traits like [Supervillain] and [Root of Evil], how else could he have turned out?

[6] Chad punches himself. He does this because he did something very bad, even for the Root of Evil: he targeted "someone". "Someone" should not be targeted. Ever.

oh shit. uh... well, at least his corpse won't decompose because it's sealed now..
Wait for the poor sod to die and respawn at the statue. bring him his stuff, and then reanimate the corpse that used to be him.
Aralak stands around. If he had a watch, he would be checking it. Come on, he thinks. When is that guy going to die? Not today, and (probably) not for a few more turns!

[5] The alligator (henceforth named Allie) spots an opportunity: an unconscious man is bleeding out in the water! Allie chomps off his head. Delicious!

Jeff has died.

A mysterious power surrounds the statue. The statue now possesses [Early-Life Magnetism]!

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unclaimed items (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:27:28 pm by Elephant Parade »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2015, 01:30:58 pm »

examine the room punch them everylast one of them regardless of circumstances if they are in the same room.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2015, 01:32:10 pm »

-accidentalpost-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7