Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: RtDDD: roll to dimly, dangerously... dinfight? close enough  (Read 11058 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths: only one person went sploosh :(
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »

Swim over and claim the loot as mine. Before anyone else...! ^.^
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths: poor sound effect choice: the RTD
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 10:11:23 pm »

Title changed due to unpleasant google results.

What is the proper "falling in water" sound transcription?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: rocks fall; everyone dies // a statue stands tall; everyone revives
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »

Attempt to reanimate the corpses just dropped on the ground using Reanimate Bones, AFTER people have taken their share of loot.
elephant. Y U NO DO ACTION!?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

blazing glory

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 10:27:51 pm »

Tell Jim to get the glowing thing before Jeff gets it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: rocks fall; everyone dies // a statue stands tall; everyone revives
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 10:34:25 pm »

Attempt to reanimate the corpses just dropped on the ground using Reanimate Bones, AFTER people have taken their share of loot.
elephant. Y U NO DO ACTION!?
something something was saving for end of turn

(fixed)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 11:42:09 pm »

fine. Follow the others into the dungeon.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 12:21:19 am »

NO! SHIELD FLIMSY, NOT BODY. ROAR AND KILL!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 02:09:50 am »

"A little help here, guys?"

If I am chiseled out, charge into the Western room and focus my Sacred Air on the shaman, amplifying its discomfort to levels that few mortal minds can bear (this negates the effect of Sacred Air on the other goblins in the room, of course). If not, try ripping myself out by trying to jump a lot.

Guys, don't forget to loot the shaman in the statue room.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 10:24:41 am »

Loot the shaman in the statue room then fix my banjo.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »

Use telekinesis to carry myself across the water. Maybe slow down the idiots trying to swim, too. Don't drown them, though. They're just useful enough to spare.

Anyway, claim the island's loot as my own.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 01:19:43 pm »

I am Lord D.

My Tome of Summoning fits my profession as a Fell Summoner very well.

Summon some Fell rats to aid my conquest of this dungeon!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 02:04:20 pm »

I make an illusion to scare away the goblins, then I take their stuff.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 04:02:53 pm »

cast healing on Phil and sylvarris the elf guy.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: roll to delve the goblins' outposts (legitimate acronym)
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »

Swim over and claim the loot as mine. Before anyone else...! ^.^
Tell Jim to get the glowing thing before Jeff gets it.
[6v6] Jeff and Jim get into a floating fistfight. It stirs up quite a bit of water! Stirring up that water might not be the best idea.

fine. Follow the others into the dungeon.
[1] Sylvarris walks to the west. For reasons entirely unrelated to that 1 off to the left there, goblins really hate elves, and will always target them, if possible.

NO! SHIELD FLIMSY, NOT BODY. ROAR AND KILL!
[5+1] With a few swings of Orthnalof, Phil slaughters the swordsmen. The corpses fly backward and strike the trainee, who falls over. The shaman is pretty surprised. It's not good for such a heavily-wounded person to take such strenuous actions, though; Phil is now dying.

Loot the shaman in the statue room then fix my banjo.
[5] Nigel swipes the shaman's staff and chestplate—what kind of shaman wears a chestplate?—and gets to work on his banjo. Somehow, despite being blind, Nigel fixes it to be better than before! It is now a [Retuned Banjo].

Ok...

Swim to one of the sides.
[2] Kies can't decide which side to swim to, so he just flounders in the water for a while.

Use telekinesis to carry myself across the water. Maybe slow down the idiots trying to swim, too. Don't drown them, though. They're just useful enough to spare.

Anyway, claim the island's loot as my own.

[4]Alexander carries himself across the water; unfortunately, he doesn't have energy any to spare for slowing the others down. He sees the object: a glowing tower shield. It bears two bands of runic inscriptions. These inscriptions are images of human figures; some are dancing, while others are asleep. Some are both, and that just looks silly.

edit: he also picks it up because it would be silly if he didn't, oops

I am Lord D.

My Tome of Summoning fits my profession as a Fell Summoner very well.

Summon some Fell rats to aid my conquest of this dungeon!
Lord Dee is a [Summoner]. He's new to the trade, though, so his [Tome of Summoning] only has one page: [Fell Rat]. He had the foresight to bring a few pieces of food and a torch, at least.

[1] Dee accidentally sets himself [On Fire], rather than the food.

I make an illusion to scare away the goblins, then I take their stuff.
[6] Palu conjures up a massive goblin-gobbling wolf. The living goblins flee to the north—with their stuff. Why would they drop their stuff?

cast healing on Phil and sylvarris the elf guy.
[6] Deciding that Phil is probably the more severely-wounded of the two, Aralak heals him. Unfortunately, the spell doesn't go as planned; the wound is closed, technically, but his body closed it by stretching the surrounding flesh, and it was a pretty big wound. Phil is now in [Extreme Pain].

"A little help here, guys?"

If I am chiseled out, charge into the Western room and focus my Sacred Air on the shaman, amplifying its discomfort to levels that few mortal minds can bear (this negates the effect of Sacred Air on the other goblins in the room, of course). If not, try ripping myself out by trying to jump a lot.

Guys, don't forget to loot the shaman in the statue room.
[2] The statue is still built into the floor, and Steve still isn't a very strong ghost.

Statue Room

Odd sounds can be heard in the statue room. They seem to be coming from one of the corpses. Speaking of which, the corpses still have a whole bunch of loot; perhaps someone should take care of that?

Flooded Room

[6] An alligator bites off Jeff's leg. A whole leg might have been a bit too much for it, though; it begins to choke. Jeff is now [Missing a Leg]. The alligator is now [Choking].

Guardpost

Their brief battle over, the party takes a moment to scan the room. Corpses and blood litter the floor; the now-useless fortifications are still standing. A cramped tunnel leads north, while yet another door leads south. Decisions, decisions!

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unclaimed Loot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:23:11 pm by Elephant Parade »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: roll to delve the goblins' outposts (legitimate acronym)
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2015, 05:39:19 pm »

Go find Phil (or Jeff will do if I can't find Phil) and sing him a Song of Woe and Perhaps Healing But at Least if it Does Not Heal You You Shall Die Surrounded by Melodiousness as the Moment Comes.

Speaking of alligators, I had a hamster once who choked to death on the leg of his brother. It's the kind of thing you remember as a five year old.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7