Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: RtDDD: roll to dimly, dangerously... dinfight? close enough  (Read 11048 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths: only four people died :(
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 01:23:46 am »

West! Go west! It rhymes with best! Grab an ally* and go!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 02:24:50 am »

Nigel performs a ballad telling of his rock-crushing misfortune with the aim of Inspiring Competence in his audience.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 08:36:35 am »

Respawn. Track down the banjo dude and kill him.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 11:10:22 am »

Keep in mind that I post on my phone, so all I see for the abilities is the name of the ability in brackets.

Possess the statue, and inspect its abilities. Walk through the Eastern door.

Can't someone just respawn at the end of the dungeon? "The fallen can respawn at a [Statue of Life] of their choice."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:17:59 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: rocks fall; everyone dies // a statue stands tall; everyone revives
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:16 pm »

Jeff respawned with minor PTSD, forever scared of falling objects.
[1] Jeff learned nothing from his experience.

Respawn, cursing my luck. seriously, how did I roll a zero, of all things?
Aralak uses the power of unlife to—wait, no, the statue brought him back.

Ask Jim to give me my loot now.
[4] Jim reluctantly complies. The corpses are unceremoniously dumped on the floor.

West! Go west! It rhymes with best! Grab an ally* and go!
Follow the door leading West.

Throw a coin experimentally through Steve.

[6][1] Phil tries to grab an ally with his left hand, but he forgets to take off his shield; his "ally" is bashed in the head. Ow. The coin drops to the floor.

Nigel performs a ballad telling of his rock-crushing misfortune with the aim of Inspiring Competence in his audience.
Nigel respawns. He still has his banjo, somehow.

[1] Nigel performs the same horrible death-metal cover. This time, he screeches about rocks while doing so. People are starting to call him "Deaf Nigel".

Respawn. Track down the banjo dude and kill him.
[3] Sylvarris punches the banjo man. Though Nigel was unarguably harmed, Sylvarris was likely hurt more; he had to get within punching distance of the death metal cover. He now has [Bleeding Ears].

Possess the statue, and inspect its abilities. Walk through the Eastern door.
[5] Steve possesses the statue. Unfortunately, upon trying to walk east, he finds that it's built into the floor. Dang.

According to the statue's statblock, it has [Revive] and [Sacred Air].

The statue room is unchanged, other than the corpses littering the floor—those of a goblin shaman, a goblin archer, and a goblin swordsman. The goblin trainee escaped, if you forgot.
    The south door leads to the collapsed room. The east and west doors haven't been used, somehow.

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: gm replies (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 09:07:26 pm »

Set off to the East, ready for any kind of combat.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 09:17:09 pm »

I am Alexander, a madman with psionic powers.

Spawn, and be annoyed at the guy currently ruining the reputation of proper bards. Maybe telekinetically crush his banjo, if I'm feeling particularly lucky.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »

Attempt to reanimate the corpses just dropped on the ground using Reanimate Bones, AFTER people have taken their share of loot.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 10:25:22 pm »

Ha! Perhaps shield not so flimsy! Or maybe wizardman just flimsier. Why am I not west!

blazing glory

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 10:52:07 pm »

Loot all the corpse, go east, use the unlucky guy as a shield against any nasties on the other side.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 01:23:38 am »

Go and smell some of that sacred air. Defend my banjo with extreme prejudice or whatever the phrase is since it doesn't look right now I've written it.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 07:50:35 am »

Shoot the banjo man. From far away.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:27:54 pm by LordBrassroast »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:31 pm »

I am Bob the Illusionist, and I have Illusions (duh)

I create an illusionary double of myself
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:09:04 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 01:46:38 pm »

Chisel the statue off of its pedestal, loot the shaman, and head East. Break through the Eastern wall Kool-Aid Man style if I can't fit through the door.

Also, EP, thanks for the pm.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDDD: only one person fell in water
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »

Set off to the East, ready for any kind of combat.
[3+1] Jeff walks through the door, except he rolled a 3 so he stumbles slightly or something he avoids this minor inconvenience with his amazing luck.

Most of the room is filled with water. There's a small platform outside the door, though, obviously; furthermore, there's a small stone "island" on the far side. It's a pretty long room, though—it'd be a bit of a swim to get across. It might be worth the swim, though: you can make out a shape on that item, and it seems to be glowing...

I am Alexander, a madman with psionic powers.

Spawn, and be annoyed at the guy currently ruining the reputation of proper bards. Maybe telekinetically crush his banjo, if I'm feeling particularly lucky.
Alexander the Out-of-Place is [Insane], which sucks, but having a [Mind Blast] almost makes up for it. Having [Telekinesis] definitely makes up for it.

[4] Alexander uses telekinesis to twist Deaf Nigel's banjo out of shape. That's mean, but not really crazy; he's hardly living up to his passives.

Ha! Perhaps shield not so flimsy! Or maybe wizardman just flimsier. Why am I not west!
[3] the stumbles are real

Phil has stumbled into a goblin guardpost! Worse, the goblins were ready for him! With a quick glance at his surroundings, he spots two goblin swordsmen, a goblin shaman, and—grr!—that escaped goblin trainee! The shaman is behind some fortifications.

The goblins attack!
[5] The first swordsman leaps forward and aims a stab at Phil's chest. It's a hit! Phil is seriously wounded!
[1] The second swordsman trips over his oversized boots.
The shaman waits.
[4] The trainee throws a rock. It hits Phil in the head, and it definitely hurts, but it isn't much next to the chest wound.

Loot all the corpse, go east, use the unlucky guy as a shield against any nasties on the other side.
[3] Joe grabs a sword—after he picks it up, he realizes that it's pretty rusty—as he sprints to the next room. Swinging open the door, he nearly knocks Jeff into the pond, but that doesn't happen.

Go and smell some of that sacred air. Defend my banjo with extreme prejudice or whatever the phrase is since it doesn't look right now I've written it.
[3] It's kind of hard to defend one's banjo from an invisible force, but Nigel definitely tries! He doesn't save it, exactly, but it's not totally destroyed, so it's a partial victory!

Also, sacred air doesn't really smell like anything.

If the guy gets close to me again, slice his hand off. Go East!
[6] You barrel through the door. Expecting the other side to be, y'know, another room, you don't slow down; you end up falling in the water. Bluh.

Shoot the banjo man. From far away.
[1] You poke your eye out with the arrow, somehow. You are now [Wincing].

I am Bob the Illusionist, and I have Illusions (duh)

I create an illusionary double of myself
Bob is an [Illusionist]. He knows how to create an [Illusion].

[3] Bob creates an illusionary double of himself, but wait! That act was, in itself, an illusion! He was fooling himself all along!

Chisel the statue off of its pedestal, loot the shaman, and head East. Break through the Eastern wall Kool-Aid Man style if I can't fit through the door.
[3] Steve tries to get the statue to chisel itself off of its statue, but its arms are stuck in the "praying" pose.

Attempt to reanimate the corpses just dropped on the ground using Reanimate Bones, AFTER people have taken their share of loot.
[1] Aralak flubs his ritual. The necromantic backlash causes the flesh of his [4] left leg to melt off, down to the bone. He can still move the bone around, though, so it's not the end of the world. Still, he definitely has a [Bad Leg]

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:33:38 pm by Elephant Parade »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7