Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: RtDDD: roll to dimly, dangerously... dinfight? close enough  (Read 11035 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RtDDD: roll to dimly, dangerously... dinfight? close enough
« on: December 07, 2015, 10:18:53 pm »

You are adventurers; each of you has a unique power, job, skill, trait, or item. You have decided to explore the Dungeon of Doom, because it (hopefully) contains cool stuff. Unfortunately, you've run into several goblins! Oh no! Goblins are almost as dangerous as rats, and your village lost five people to rats in the last week!

The rats might have been possessed, though.

Floor: 1F
Room: A small room; the walls, floor, and ceiling are all carved from stone. There is a door to the north, and a staircase leading upward to the south.
Foes: Goblin Swordsman, Goblin Archer, Goblin Shaman, Goblin Trainee
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:32:36 pm by Elephant Parade »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths [minimalist RTD thing]
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:45:01 pm »

My name is Jeff, and I have been blessed by the goddess Lymilark with incredible and inexplicable Luck, to the point where I can run through a rainstorm for one mile without a single drop landing upon me.

Charging directly at the goblins, Jeff joyfully waved his generic sword, preparing to assault the frontmost goblin.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths [minimalist RTD thing]
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 12:09:47 am »

My name is Phil, and I have Orthnalof, Sword of Morrlokai the Barbarous, He Who Slew Many And Impregnated Many More, and with my mighty sword and Flimsy Driftwood Shield will carve the treacherous goblins into Delicate Origami Shapes!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths: rockfall impending; will everyone die?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 12:27:30 am »

My name is Jeff, and I have been blessed by the goddess Lymilark with incredible and inexplicable Luck, to the point where I can run through a rainstorm for one mile without a single drop landing upon me.

Charging directly at the goblins, Jeff joyfully waved his generic sword, preparing to assault the frontmost goblin.
Jeff the Blessed possesses [Super Luck], believed to be the blessing of the goddess Lymilark.

[1+1] Jeff trips over a stone and falls flat on his face. His luck prevents him from getting any broken bones, but he winds up with a few bruises.

My name is Phil, and I have Orthnalof, Sword of Morrlokai the Barbarous, He Who Slew Many And Impregnated Many More, and with my mighty sword and Flimsy Driftwood Shield will carve the treacherous goblins into Delicate Origami Shapes!
Phil the Angry has [Orthnalof], the sword of a legendary barbarian. You also have a driftwood shield.

[5+1] With a single, huge swing, Jeff cuts down the front three goblins. The trainee cowers in fear.

...Oh, and he also cut down a support pillar. The roof looks pretty heavy...

[6]The goblin flees, screaming for help. The scream was loud enough to weaken the walls even more! The roof will probably cave in on this room next turn.

It looks like you won't get to loot those corpses! A shame, that.

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)

A reminder: the exit staircase is to the south; a door is to the north.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:31:54 am by Elephant Parade »

blazing glory

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 03:17:09 am »

I am Joe, I have a Magical Imp named Jim.

Tell Jim to save us and our loot.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:21:15 am by blazing glory »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:22:45 am »

I am Blind Nigel, wandering Banjoist and Banjo-possessor. I have travelled many lands, playing and learning with the finest musicians and voyage to perfect my art.

Play a song that describes our tragic predicament in such a way as to boost my comrades’ morale and effectiveness. Base it on a traditional acoustic country style.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 06:11:16 am »

Jeff screams and makes a run for the doorway to the North.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

I am an Elven Ranger Sylvarris, and I have Super Aiming Skills. I have a Cheap Bow of Long-Range Stabby and 5 flint arrows. I also have Standard Cotton Clothing.

I shoot an arrow at the closest goblin.

EDIT: NO I RUN THE HELL AWAY
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:01:48 am by LordBrassroast »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 10:53:44 am »

I am Aralak Darkstone , the Necromancer. I have Access to healing and Reviving magicks.I also have a damaged oakwood staff, and some snazzy gray cotton robes with a wizard hat.
I enter the area, but then turn around and leave to escape the falling rubble.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:04:37 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 12:51:45 pm »

Phil goes deeper, deeper!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 05:53:16 pm »

I am Pun-Pun, and I have a Candle of Invocation, and a viper familiar.

I am Steve the Ghost, and I possess General Ghostly Powers (float through walls, telekinesis, possession, etc.). I don't have any items (except for clothes), because I am a ghost.

Casually float to the next room, because the rocks can't hurt me.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Delve the Dungeon's Depths: only four people died :(
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 10:17:19 pm »

I am Joe, I have a Magical Imp named Jim.

Tell Jim to save us and our loot.
Joe the Foolish has struck a bargain with [Jim], an imp.

[6]Stumbling over words while he stumbles over stones, Joe begs his imp to "save him from his loot". The imp agrees; the corpses are whisked away to his private dimension. As an added bonus, he pushes you through the doorway.

I am Blind Nigel, wandering Banjoist and Banjo-possessor. I have travelled many lands, playing and learning with the finest musicians and voyage to perfect my art.

Play a song that describes our tragic predicament in such a way as to boost my comrades’ morale and effectiveness. Base it on a traditional acoustic country style.
Blind Nigel has a [Banjo].

[1]You play an experimental death metal cover of a classic banjo tune. It doesn't go over very well; the next 3 players suffer a -1 penalty to all actions as a result of hurt ears.

Jeff screams and makes a run for the doorway to the North.
[1+1-1] Jeff trips over a rock. Again. He doesn't seem to be very dexterous, or lucky.

I am an Elven Ranger Sylvarris, and I have Super Aiming Skills. I have a Cheap Bow of Long-Range Stabby and 5 flint arrows. I also have Standard Cotton Clothing.

I shoot an arrow at the closest goblin.

EDIT: NO I RUN THE HELL AWAY

Sylvarris the Elf is a [Ranger], arguably one of the classes least-suited to a dungeon.

[3-1] Sylvarris doesn't quite make it to the doorway.

I am Aralak Darkstone , the Necromancer. I have Access to healing and Reviving magicks.I also have a damaged oakwood staff, and some snazzy gray cotton robes with a wizard hat.
I enter the area, but then turn around and leave to escape the falling rubble.
Aralak Darkstone is a [Necromancer], though only a novice one; his only spells are [Heal Wound] and [Animate Bones].

[1-1] Aralak falls down the stairs and breaks his neck.

Phil goes deeper, deeper!
[5] Phil quickly pushes into the next room, busting open the door as he goes!

He doesn't see any goblins. The room is fairly sparse, with the exception of a towering statue in the centre. The figure depicted seems to be a priest, but you can tell that he isn't any ordinary man of the cloth...

My name is Kies, and I wield the Legendary Energy Reverse Khopesh, as a Magnificent Being who once lived in the Mountains of The Gods (also known as dragons).

I make my way swiftly toward the door to the North, grabbing what loot cool stuff I can.
Kies the Shady possesses tendencies associated with kleptomaniacs, pathological liars, and dragons, as well as the [Legendary Reverse Energy Kopesh].

[5] Kies grabs a few scattered gold pieces (the imp was feeling lazy) as he sprints to the door.

I am Pun-Pun, and I have a Candle of Invocation, and a viper familiar.

I am Steve the Ghost, and I possess General Ghostly Powers (float through walls, telekinesis, possession, etc.). I don't have any items (except for clothes), because I am a ghost.

Casually float to the next room, because the rocks can't hurt me.
Steve the Ghost possesses an [Incorporeal Body]; he also possesses the power to [Possess] people's possessions.

[4] Pft, look at all those living people scrambling. Some people beings don't need to scramble, and Steve is one of them.

Steve casually notes the doors to the east and west, as well as the statue.

A rumble is heard as the ceiling collapses upon the guardpost; those still inside—Nigel, Jeff, and Sylvarris—are buried under rock. Aralak is also buried under rock, but nobody cares because he was already dead.

Those who made it to the next room see the divine statue glow with a golden light. It seems to be preparing for something...

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)

The fallen can respawn at a [Statue of Life] of their choice. Conveniently, one was found this turn!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:19:10 pm by Elephant Parade »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 10:29:37 pm »

Jeff respawned with minor PTSD, forever scared of falling objects.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 11:36:15 pm »

Respawn, cursing my luck. seriously, how did I roll a zero, of all things?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

blazing glory

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 12:21:26 am »

Ask Jim to give me my loot now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7