Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: General Constructive Criticism Thread  (Read 754 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
General Constructive Criticism Thread
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »

I recently made the mistake of looking back through my posts, and unfortunately found a graveyard of abandoned games. I'm not sure what precisely is the cause of this. In general, it seems to be a case of loosing interest/time, despite the fact that I'm interested, and certainly waste more than enough time on the internet that I could just as easily dedicate to this.

As such, rather than starting another new game, repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I did this. A thread to share constructive criticism and aid, to further the general enjoyment and quality of this forum section.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: General Constructive Criticism Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 02:27:32 pm »

Thanks for making this, it will definitely come in useful.

Criticism to self: actually make sure the players have something to do. If you're going to have "lock and load" turns, make sure you tell people clearly.

Is this right?
One wheel short of a wagon

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:30:30 am »

It depends on your players- some are great with that kind of thing, others, well... not so much.

Try looking at your most successful game and seeing what went right, and what needs to be fixed.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:06:05 am »

Try looking at your most successful game and seeing what went right, and what needs to be fixed.
How is success determined?
Ultimately i think that the only thing that matters is your enjoyment and that of your players.

Now length of the game plays a part in this short games aren't that fun to run.
In multi player games you have to control each players power so no one over shadows any one.
Always have more players sign up than you plan on actually haveing, as some of them will drop up in the first few days.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 04:20:00 pm »

Tip for players: don't fucking metagame

also, don't give up on your games and don't run too many, it's bad for the soul
nomad out