Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where should we embark(all have a stream)?

Scorching desert with human/dwarf neighbors and deep metal(
- 4 (14.3%)
Freezing glacier + mountain with deep metals, neighbors with everyone
- 12 (42.9%)
Scorching forest on hippie-only island- deep metals+shallow
- 1 (3.6%)
Cold conifer forest on an island with no neighbors and all resources
- 2 (7.1%)
Savanna in middle of continent with shallow metal, deep metals- intersection of three rivers
- 9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 14, 2015, 04:58:59 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [42.02] "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succession Game  (Read 7875 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [42.02] "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succession Game
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 04:13:11 pm »

Galena can you please fix the whitespace in the OP, at least in the turn list.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 10:00:08 pm »

I got around to embarking guys, but due to setbacks only managed to do just that!
Turns out "The Strip" isn't a possible fortress name, so I went with "Emeraldbars the Ale of Kings"- we'll still call it the strip, though.

He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Leonkr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 11:13:15 pm »

Interested in this idea mind putin me on the list?

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 11:20:43 am »

Interested in this idea mind putin me on the list?
No problem. The more future bartenders, the better.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2015, 02:52:06 pm »

Just checking, this still happening?
One wheel short of a wagon

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2015, 03:04:01 pm »

Just checking, this still happening?

I second this.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:33 am »

Yes, I've got finals this week though

I'll try and have the turn done soon, but my writeup will be a little short on pictures.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:03:38 pm by Galena »

Addict7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 10:16:16 am »

Ptw!

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2015, 06:53:41 pm »

The Journal of 'Galena' Bridgeveils- 15th Granite - The year of our dwarf 125

We have finally arrived! Although I wanted to immediately get started and build my tavern, the other dwarves quickly convinced me it was best to actually dig out the fortress first. My two entertainers, Asmel and Oddom, refused to do any work.

27th Granite

We have made a startling discovery- you can't grow crops on glaciers or mountains! We'll have to dig deepTM if we want to grow crops- the water up top is still frozen, so irrigating isn't an option yet. We'll also have to put our animals in the caverns. While creating our new tavern "Icetown" is top priority, a military is going to have to start soon or troglodytes will be my main patrons.

17th Slate

These miners are the slowest I've ever bossed around- to be fair to the miners, I haven't ever ordered any miners around before. I've ordered one miner to dig out a cistern connected to the frozen river, in hopes that it'll thaw out for a day at some point during the summer.

4th Felsite

While the miners decided to stop mining out the stockpile half way through, I decided it was big enough for us to start moving stuff into the area- finally, some work for me to do!

14th Felsite

The stockpile area is complete, the cistern is 90% done and I've sent a miner off to find the caverns, so we can grow some beer. So far, a good month.

1st Hematite- Early Summer

The cistern reached completion this month, but we have yet to find the caverns and morale & food supplies are wearing down. We've gone very deep with our staircase, which worries me- if we find the second cavern as opposed to the first, there will be trouble.

19th Hematite

We've discovered a cavern- but it's not one we wanted to opened up- my miners tell me the blood thorns down there are common vegetation of lower, more dangerous cavern levels. I order the area to be floored off, and I continue my search- until we find a suitable cavern, we cant grow any food. Suddenly, migrants appear- why they would come to the fortress at this time, I don't particularly know, but I do know they are extra mouths to feed. Almost in anticipation of my food needs, every single one of the migrants are farmers.

Someone must have listed our fortress in "Farmers Only".

23rd hematite-

Word made it up to me that adamantine had been seen in the third cavern- This is a sign! Against all my better reasoning, and in light of the lack of success we have had in finding the other caverns, I send the miners to open up the third cavern so we can begin farming.

4th Malachite-

Construction of "Icetown" begins. I've ordered all animals to be pastured in the cavern and I've started making the farm era down there. Hopefully the dogs can protect the farmers down there if any threats arise. Luckily, the resident Elk Bird population seems docile.

3rd Galena-

Construction of the farms has been completed, and the tavern has been dug out- now I just need to fill it with furniture. I officially created the tavern today- soon, people from all over we'll come here to give me their sweet, sweet money. It's also become apparent the river is not going to melt.

14th Galena-

I've started to have the miners carve out rooms for workshops and a kitchen area. We also got our first visitor today- Uzol Domasshim, a hammerdwarf. She came here to relax. Soon after, a human bard came. While our goal was technically to help dwarves relax in order to reduce crime, I'll accept anyone who helps to make my fortune. I also began brewing drinks.

23rd Galena-

It turns out the entertainers I brought along are practicers of a type of poetry called "The Smiles of Music", a poetic form that is typically very sad.

1st Limestone- Early Autumn

So far, nothing bad has happened in our cavern farms. The tavern is starting to grow, but our mason, Imush, is working quite slowly right now. He's also our carpenter. As soon as he finishes churning out tables and chairs, I'll have him make some beds so we can get an inn and a dormitory up.

6th limestone-
8 dwarfs and visitors joined together today to make a band consisting entirely of simulated instruments and singing. The sound... was interesting.

11th limestone-

We've discovered another cavern- where was this about 4 months ago? Someone walked up to me and told me that they wanted to pray- I guess I should probably get on that. The old cistern ought to function well as a temple.

17th limestone-

The caravan has arrived! We don't have anything to trade, but it's still alright. From the outpost liason, I requested a lot of sheet and instruments to get our library and taverns going, respectively. I also made a temple for all gods that's just for our citizens in the upper half of the temple, and a temple to 'The Silvers of Mining', the predominant god among our residents. I'm going to floor over the cistern's old entrance and connect the temples to the main area.

27th limestone:

More migrants have arrived! I've also just secured the completely fair trade of 10 blocks of ice for 2 wooden crutches.

OOC: Sorry for the lack of formatting and/or pictures- I'll add them in later.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2015, 08:12:06 pm »

Sign me up, please.  Call my dwarf "Joe".

Rupdeus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2015, 05:05:30 pm »

PTW.

Not going to participate, but I'd like to be dorfed, if that's possible.
In adventure mode, dwarf drinks vampire!

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2015, 10:10:28 pm »

I'd like to grab a turn.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2015, 03:55:36 pm »

My computer has completely  died and gone to computer heaven. It looks like I won't be able to start this game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2015, 04:16:33 pm »

RIP. Mind admining it, or would that be too bittersweet? :-\
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4