Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: CONSUMERISM, or how to fail a mafia game!  (Read 15947 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: CONSUMERISM, or how to be democratically murdered! A mall! A gun! 10/10 IGN
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2015, 07:50:29 pm »

It would make most sense for the mercenary to claim because that would get the towns trust, and give him/her a much higher chance of surviving. If he/she claims, then his/her alliegence would certainly be with the town, which has more people. I hope this makes sense.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2015, 07:58:16 pm »

origamiscienceguy: I haven't played actual mafia for ages, but I often play Town of Salem. The game goes differently, though, because there is less time. And people are idiots.

Also if nobody else claims the contrary then I have no reason to assume origamiscienceguy is town.

roo is acting suspicious but that might just be because of the nature of the first day vote (in Town of Salem we start at night) not to mention that he claimed that they were joke votes. I'd keep a close eye on him, though, and he's the wildcard element right now.

Moonlit Shadow doesn't seem that suspicious to me. Just seems like he was jumping in the bandwagon because he doesn't know who to vote for.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2015, 08:11:03 pm »

Origamiscienceguy:
Wait a minute.
Quote from: OP
The Townies win when they kill all scum and semi scum scumbags.

The Mercenary (semi scum) - You were hired by the mastermind to act as backup and your loyalties are shaky. If lynched, you may accuse someone of being scum. Depending on whether you align with the townies or traitors after death, you win when the side you aligned with wins. If you live to the end, you are treated as scum. If the Knifer dies, you are the stabbing person but the Mastermind decides on who to kill.

So, we would still have to lynch the mercenary.  However, if he sides with us and we lynch him last, would he still be able to switch sides at death so that he can win with the town?  I want verification that he can before I reveal my role and go along with the plan.

@Mod (SaberToothTiger):  If the semi-scum is the last scum player lynched, is he able to switch sides after dieing so that he wins with the town?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2015, 08:21:43 pm »

Wait another minute!
The Wannabe Investigator (town) - Once per game, you may check an alignment of a player.

This description doesn't say that the Investigator can only use his ability at night!  If we go along with the plan, the Investigator can ID one of the townies before we even choose which one to lynch!  Just need to confirm this for sure.

@Mod / SaberToothTiger : Can the Wannabe Investigator use his ability during the day?  Can the Shop Detective use his ability during the Day?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2015, 08:46:55 pm »

Apologies, I made a critical typo.

I meant that I have no reason to assume origamiscienceguy /isn't/ town, so I'm voting for him as the executioner.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2015, 08:54:23 pm »

Megggas seems to be on top of things and have a plan; I'll vote for him as executioner.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:09 pm »

There is still the possibility that megggas is mercenary, so I'll hold off on my vote until the mod answers his questions.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2015, 11:29:23 pm »

Megggas, you have been really active and that is a good thing since you have been posting a lot of content, however if you could off someone right now who would it be and why?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2015, 12:24:28 am »

Megggas, you have been really active and that is a good thing since you have been posting a lot of content, however if you could off someone right now who would it be and why?
Huh?  I have?  What content?  I was only active for a short burst of time where I mostly talked about game theory stuff.

I guess I would off The Moonlight Shadow, since he's probably scum who doesn't know it.  TMS didn't receive a PM containing his role, and Roo received two PMs.  Since Roo wants TMS dead, I'm guessing that the second PM he received was a scum role PM.  So...yeah.  It might just be best for the mod to reboot the game and detail the rules better.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2015, 12:42:29 am »

@osg I was contemplatig whether mass claim was a good idea. I don't mind baiting someone into revealing their role. But it might be a decent enough idea in this game because of the lynch mechanic. Usually I'd say it is theateical creates chaos and uncertainty that only benefits the scum. Still might be right still might be worthwhile.

I'm either a VT or a investigative role I forget which.

@filipk the fact that your post says megggas and not roo greatly fazes me.

@flame99 votes are in red text

@cinder there is an easy way to determine if they were indeed joke votes hint interacting by questioning them (filipk and moonlit). Also wildcard element? Lol. What ai'm
Doing is definitely deliberate.
Or not it's cool.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2015, 12:48:43 am »

Oh, right. Voting for Megggas
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2015, 12:52:47 am »

Flame clearly you're town reading meggas why? Don't his posts just indicate confusion and worry over the potential game imbalance? What makes you think he has a plan when megggas is constantly asking the mod for clarfication.

That was mostly rhetorical.

Why are you giving megggas the gun? Specifically.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2015, 12:57:09 am »

Apologies, I made a critical typo.

I meant that I have no reason to assume origamiscienceguy /isn't/ town, so I'm voting for him as the executioner.

What a terrible reason. Leap in logic here. It is irrational because your assumption is both unfounded in certainty/confidence and lacks any meaningful stance on osg.

Also votes are in red.
Or not it's cool.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2015, 01:14:54 am »

Nobody else has claimed the paranoid. And your pointing fingers isn't helping your case.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2015, 01:15:50 am »

Not that it matters since I doubt you'll survive long after the wannabe investigator finger you out as a scum.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13