Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Perfect 38c Seeds/Maps?  (Read 3077 times)

Muffy St. Bernard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dangermuff.com
Re: Perfect 38c Seeds/Maps?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »

The other day, some jerk offered to give me a pair of free earrings that he'd made. When I discovered I'd have to pierce my ears in order to wear them I punched him in the mouth, just to teach him.

Doniazade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »

Yeah, goddamn frameworks reducing the load on game producers and thereby cutting consumer costs! HOW DARE THEY! Every game should write its own damn graphics framework, hell, even its own operating system! I should be able to boot straight off the game disk, but they insist that I install this "Weendose" bloatware! FEH! TO HELL WITH THEM!

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Doniazade:
<STRONG>Yeah, goddamn frameworks reducing the load on game producers and thereby cutting consumer costs! HOW DARE THEY! Every game should write its own damn graphics framework, hell, even its own operating system! I should be able to boot straight off the game disk, but they insist that I install this "Weendose" bloatware! FEH! TO HELL WITH THEM!</STRONG>

Now you've gone and made me sad   :( .  I'm trying to create my own operation system but now you've made me feel like it's a worthless waste of time and that I should rely on other software    :( .

[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: Ghostpaw ]

t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

polecat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

A Douche Collossus has appeared named Axle Gear!

Axle Gear asks for assistance!  It is pleading!

Zagibu has created *DF Auto Site Locator*  It menaces with spikes of AutoIt.

Axle Gear e-insults Zagibu!  It is baseless!

Axle Gear has made a demand!  He requires .exe format!

Axle Gear is running around babbling!
Axle Gear attempts axiomatic comeback regarding equines!  It is failed!

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

Axle, it might be useful to examine the notion that, had you just asked nicely for the program to be made independent of the framework you have a problem with, it might have actually inspired such a thing to have been done, albeit at some later point when there's time to do so. You could have said "I'd like to use that, but I don't want to install the thing it's dependant on, (insert summary of your reasons here), so could someone please release a standalone version?". It wouldn't get immediate results, likely, but you never know.

It might not have been your first thought at the time, but it really would have done more good than getting angry and indignant and insulting people. It might have helped you get what you wanted, too, in some small way... which is better than not helping at all, right?

Arguments are usually an unproductive (if cathartic) way to respond to a silly problem and it helps to remind ourselves of that on a regular basis.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MuonDecay:
<STRONG>Axle, it might be useful to examine the notion that, had you just asked nicely for the program to be made independent of the framework you have a problem with, it might have actually inspired such a thing to have been done, albeit at some later point when there's time to do so. You could have said "I'd like to use that, but I don't want to install the thing it's dependant on, (insert summary of your reasons here), so could someone please release a standalone version?". It wouldn't get immediate results, likely, but you never know.

It might not have been your first thought at the time, but it really would have done more good than getting angry and indignant and insulting people. It might have helped you get what you wanted, too, in some small way... which is better than not helping at all, right?

Arguments are usually an unproductive (if cathartic) way to respond to a silly problem and it helps to remind ourselves of that on a regular basis.</STRONG>

Indeed.  Believe it or not but the way you phrase things matter.

t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

Another thread down.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3]