Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: You are a dragon awakening from slumber, the suggestion game, Update #18 Huzzah!  (Read 21933 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a dragon awakening from slumber, the suggestion game
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2015, 04:10:45 am »

Talk to the Box. Demand information, if the woman will not tell us what year it is, perhaps the human speaking through the box will?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2015, 04:15:48 am »

New information has come to light.  Information seeming to indicate that the humans are perversely powerful.  Perhaps antagonism is not the answer.
((How do we know this? Sure we know it OOCly but we have no idea ICly. All we know is that they have new gadgets.)) We decimated armored knights by the thousands. This is no challenge for us.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2015, 04:34:08 am »

((IC our dragon is both very smart and has enough experience to know that tackling a situation without proper knowledge has been the death of many great dragons.  On the other hand, it can be argued that hubris and draconic arrogance would make our dragon pick a fight, but it would be a shame for this game to end so abruptly ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nunzillor

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2015, 04:41:40 am »

((I think he has seen enough to know that these humans are not the same animals he knew in the past.  It makes sense for him to be cautious and avoid a fight for now, but at the same time I can understand how arrogance may get in the way of that assessment.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2015, 04:42:35 am »

((Who says it had to end? Using OOC knowledge ICly is considered metagaming, which I hate in games like this. We should pursue the most logical for this dragon to follow. We know the dragon has the pride you speak of and that it considers itself a killing machine capable of killing thousands on knights at a time))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Nunzillor

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2015, 04:46:35 am »

((Due to the reasons indicated in my previous post, I do not think it is OOC knowledge.  Perhaps OOC behavior, but that is arguable.

But hey!  I'm good with whatever you guys are good with.  No worries.))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:55:29 am by Nunzillor »

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2015, 10:02:14 am »

((Guys, we've been a mean ol' dragon..))
((KILL THEM ALL.))
((Let's politely just..))
((DEVOUR THESE PUNY HUMAN ATTACKERS. WAR TO EVERYTHING.))
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2015, 10:35:54 am »

Attempt as softly as possible to remove the box with barrel rolls and small drops, and fly away once the task is done.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2015, 03:53:18 pm »

(GM Comment: I'm assuming posts in parenthesis are OOC discussion, not suggestions)

Guardian

Let's interrogate the woman and/or box while keeping on the move.
+1
Talk to the Box. Demand information, if the woman will not tell us what year it is, perhaps the human speaking through the box will?

Another advantage to carrying her in your hands is that you can easily bring her up to eye level while you fly.

"HUMAN. I REQUIRE INFORMATION. WHAT YEAR IS IT?"

She's shuddering badly, and you think it is not entirely due to fear.

"IF YOU WISH TO LIVE, ANSWER ME."

"...what...year?" she struggles to yell over the flightwind. As if you couldn't hear her anyway.

You wait.

"It's 2012. December 21st. It's just before Christmas."

She resumes crying.

"You ruined Christmas."

2012. That number holds no meaning for you. The last time you bothered to ask a human the year he claimed it was the fourteenth year of the reign of King William. Though you recognize Christ's Mass as a human religious celebration.

"WHO IS YOUR LIEGE?"

"My what?"

"WHO IS YOUR KING?"

It takes her a moment befoer she yells back.

"Queen...l-l-lizabeth?" her teeth are chattering now from the cold.

"AND YOU, WHAT ARE YOU? ARE YOU A FREE WOMAN? A MERCHANT? A SERVANT?"

"...I'm...a g-g-grad stud-d-dent."

You're unsure what field of study 'grad' is. But cursory examination suggests that she might be minor nobility, or perhaps the daughter of a wealthy merchant. Her clothes, while clearly designed for warmth rather than beauty, are of especially fine quality. You also smell a faint hint of gold from her neck. Peasants do not wear fine clothes and jewelry. Nor are they typically passengers of leisure aboard sailing vessels.

You also notice that her skin is beginning to change color. Between her dip in the ocean and the wind from your flight, she's not holding up very well. Humans are fragile.

and/or box while keeping on the move.
Talk to the Box.

With the Coast Guardian tracking you, it's probably best to avoid your lair. Rising in altitude for a better view, you see many lights on the water, as well as a very surprising number of lights on the land. The coast itself seems relatively uninhabited, but in the distance, the lights are so bright and so numerous, you have difficulty imagining what could be causing them. The color is wrong for them to be fires. They resemble the lights on the water, and the light from Sophie's boat. You didn't examine it very closely but it was clearly not a fire. So like speaking boxes, it seems humans have a new way to create light as well. But to what purpose? Even vast armies wouldn't need so many lights as you see coming from the horizon.

"HOLD UP YOUR BOX TO ME. I WISH TO SPEAK TO THE COAST GUARDIAN."

She's shaking now, but rotates her box around in both hands so that the other side faces you. It emits an eerie green light, and though her fingers are shaking and obscuring the majority of its surface, you see that it holds both words and numbers.

"GUARDIAN. I WOULD SPEAK WITH THEE."

No response.

"COAST GUARDIAN. I COMMAND THAT YOU RESPOND."

There's the sound of shuffling and you here a very faint voice say "It's the kidnapper, sir. I think he wants to talk to us."

After another moment a new voice comes on.

"This is Search and Rescue. Who am I speaking to?"

What do you do?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2015, 04:46:43 pm »

this aint for now, but after we finish the conversation, take the human somewhere safe, warm, get food for her (so she wont die before we get the info) and demand all her knowleedge of the worl
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »

We have the box to talk at.

So definitely don't freeze her by flying that high, it wouldn't do to cause the newly powerful humans to really really really hate us, but we shouldn't exactly be giving her everything on a silver platter.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nunzillor

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2015, 07:03:39 pm »

Introduce ourselves, being sure to list our lofty titles and achievements.  Once the mortal is sufficiently cowed, ask it if we may speak to its lord.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2015, 07:04:23 pm »

... That too.
Once we've set down.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2015, 07:13:38 pm »

Introduce ourselves, being sure to list our lofty titles and achievements.  Once the mortal is sufficiently cowed, ask it if we may speak to its lord.
Of course. Let's do this.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2015, 07:47:40 pm »

"It's 2012. December 21st. It's just before Christmas."

Oh my.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14